Team UK - July 2010

Options

Replies

• lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well done to both of you :happy:

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday :smile: which can only mean one thing..... my weekly chinese!! And boy am i looking forward to it this week!
  • irishclaire
    Options
    Hello from Brighton!! Last month went terrible for me... i just ate and ate and did very little exercise. This month is going to be better! The sun is shining so no excuse to get outside. My weakness is wine and chocolate!! Anyone else have this weakness? Goal this month is to reach my half way point 5.2kg and to start the 30 day shred again. :bigsmile:

1194425.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wine and chocolate is my downfall too! Though the sunshine normally puts me off chocolate! Its going to be SOOOO hot in Brighton this weekend. I wanted to run the path from Rottingdean along to the Marina but it will be like Vegas at midday!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Well going on holiday in August so really want to make July a successful month :)

Hope to lose at least half a stone if possible.

Staying positive, I know we can all do great this month :D
  • JimJam87
    JimJam87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Well doen Katie, that's brilliant!!! :drinker:

Has any ever tried Rosemary Conley or know what is consists of?
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Wine is my complete downfall. No question!

Rosemary Conley - a friend of mine did it and was very succesful, lost several stone and has kept it off. She's been in a lot of the wpomen's magazines recently with before and after pics. I can't remember exactly what is involved, but I think it is a low fat, calorie controlled plan with a weekly weigh in. If you want to know more I can ask her about it. She's always happy to tell people about it.

Have great weekends everyone xxx
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    Well I did it - rejoined RC after a years break and am 2lbs heavier than when I started it two years ago :sad: I have 12lbs to lose rather than the 10lbs I though!!

I'm on the Fat Attack fortnight which means a 1200 cal diet. Problem is I have a pre-arranged night out tomorrow so will have to swap my usual lager for a gin and slim :drinker:
    Apart from this I have a couple of quiet weekend ahead so am planning some good healthy calroie controlled eating and plenty of exercise.

Have a great weekend all :flowerforyou:
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks James, I did end up counting it as 50g chocolate pudding... I had about 5-6 teaspoons of different things, the worst (calorie wise) being the choc pudding so yeah haha but I agree, normally I wouldn't count it, I just did coz I had leftover calories... my mind works so backwards sometimes!

Congrats Katie!!

We just had a delicious dinner :D We got a tesco caesar salad and had it with some prawns and garlic ciabatta.... yum! and still less than 500 cals :)

Loving that it's the weekend... I hope it's cooler next week, the hospital doesn't have airconditioning and it's the worst!!
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Im going to be graduating with a 1st class degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done you.
  • leannemr
    Options
    Someone asked about Rosemary Conley further up the board?......

I've done Rosemary Conley before and have just rejoined it this week. It's more about portion control than calorie counting. Obviously by controlling the portions it controls the calories too :happy: but you can get the portion pots from the class (or online www.rosemaryconely.com) and its easier than having to weigh stuff out. You don't have to portion control everything as veg and salad and things are usually unlimited. It also promotes eating Low GI foods to keep you fuller for longer.
    You start off on the Fat Attack fortnight which is 1200 cals per day then move to around 1500 until you hit target weight when you can increase further. It is quite strict but it gives you that boost to carry on - I usually lose around 3-4lbs in the first week alone! Its also different to a typical Slimming Class as you get an hour and a half which consists of 45 minutes diet and 45 minutes fitness class, ususally aerobics or such like.
    I really enjoy it - it does show you how to change your eating habits (even just swapping high fat treats for similar but much lower fat). It also incorporates a 5% fat rule. i.e look for foods that have no more than 5g of fat per 100g.

I kept my weight off for well over a year but then started to comfort eat again throughout winter and knew I was eating too much as I was serving myself and my hubby the same portions and he is almost twice my bodyweight!! I decided to rejoin to give me the focus I need to lose my 10-12lbs quickly (pending holiday in August!!).

Give it a go, you might enjoy it. If you need any support please add me as a friend and I would be happy to swap recipe tips etc!!

Good Luck xx
  • leannemr
    Options
    Well doen Katie, that's brilliant!!! :drinker:

Has any ever tried Rosemary Conley or know what is consists of?

Here it is!! See reply above....
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, how's it going? I'm Geoff from Wirral, been on here about 2 months and nearly on my 1 stone loss. Wobbled a bit recently otherwise I definitely would have hit it by now. Please feel free to add me as a friend on here - I'll always respond to messages and throw out advice when i can.
  • sailady
    sailady Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi,

Its nice to know there is a good uk presence. a lot of it seems USA people.

I am currently in a plateau, i lose a couple of pounds and then have a pig out. don't know how to find the balance. I am trying to be as raw foody as possible.
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Morning to all Team UK

what a nice weekend we are having with this weather, hope it lasts all through the summer.

i done a 10 mile race last night with our running club, i thought that with the weather being so hot it was going to be uncomfortable to run in, but it wasnt it was just right.

I managed to do a sub 1hr 30m (1h 29m 42sec) which this is my best ever, so i was really pleased with this:happy: :happy: .

After the run we all stuffed ourselves on a BBQ, and i was literally stuffed :ohwell: , after only 2 burgers and some salad, i had stomach ache :explode:, dont know whether this was down to eating the 2 burgers and normally would only eat 1, but as i hadnt eaten since lunch time i thought would be okay and it was 8.00pm.

Feel better today after a good nights sleep and having taken the good old Rennies :happy: .

have a good sunday everybody. :flowerforyou:
  • JimJam87
    JimJam87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks Leanne, sounds like it might be the kick up the backside I need! I think I'll give it a go.

Hope everyone's haing a nice weekend. It was my cousin's 21st yesterday and we went to a chinese buffet, as chinese is my favourite food I just couldnt resist piling my plate! :ohwell:
    The weather up here is rubbish! It's warm but very overcast, we got hit with a hosepipe ban on Fruiday and since then it's done nothing but rain...typical huh!

Have a nice Sunday everyone x
  • Hathor
    Hathor Posts: 15
    Options
    Well my new heart rate monitor finally arrived, so I can see just how the kettlebell works on calories burned! Mainly as I cant seem to work out how to log them any other way! BUT I have to say that I am behind on my personal challenge so need to step it up and get swinging lol!

How is every one else doing on the exercise?
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Well my new heart rate monitor finally arrived, so I can see just how the kettlebell works on calories burned! Mainly as I cant seem to work out how to log them any other way! BUT I have to say that I am behind on my personal challenge so need to step it up and get swinging lol!

How is every one else doing on the exercise?

I did 28 miles of walking this week and alot of weights. Felt guilty for all the drink i had last sunday. I made a loss this week so all came good in the end.
    Swimmings a great idea i'm still self conscious of my belly though so am avoiding taking my top off infront of strangers.

Keep us posted how everything goes for the rest of the month. x
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hey folks, how's it going? I'm Geoff from Wirral, been on here about 2 months and nearly on my 1 stone loss. Wobbled a bit recently otherwise I definitely would have hit it by now. Please feel free to add me as a friend on here - I'll always respond to messages and throw out advice when i can.

Hi there Geoff.

Welcome, I am originally from the other side of the river.
    Steve
  • sah84
    sah84 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi folks,

I'm a bit late joining in but I only just joined the site this morning! My goals for the rest of July are:

Loose 2 - 4lbs
    NO TAKEAWAYS!!
    Use this site everyday

Sah x
  • Norbert2010
    Options
    Morning to all Team UK

what a nice weekend we are having with this weather, hope it lasts all through the summer.

i done a 10 mile race last night with our running club, i thought that with the weather being so hot it was going to be uncomfortable to run in, but it wasnt it was just right.

I managed to do a sub 1hr 30m (1h 29m 42sec) which this is my best ever, so i was really pleased with this:happy: :happy: .

After the run we all stuffed ourselves on a BBQ, and i was literally stuffed :ohwell: , after only 2 burgers and some salad, i had stomach ache :explode:, dont know whether this was down to eating the 2 burgers and normally would only eat 1, but as i hadnt eaten since lunch time i thought would be okay and it was 8.00pm.

Feel better today after a good nights sleep and having taken the good old Rennies :happy: .

have a good sunday everybody. :flowerforyou:

Nice one Wendy, sub 9mm for 10 miles is a damn good pace. I always stuggle with eating after long runs and I really have to force calories down me sometimes, it is important that you get them down you though. It is the following days that I struggle when my body is craving high calorie foods. I have two long runs next weekend in Scotland (60+ miles over Sat and Sun) and I will burn the best part of 10,000 cals over the two days. It is not unusual for me to consume that and more plus my usual daily intake over the following few days though.