Team UK - July 2010

Options

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi Team UK, hope all is well!!

Mimi - welcome back, hope you have had a fab time!!!

Lee - Good luck with the detox - tough to do during the summer month, but looks like us northerners have had our sunshine for the year, certainly looks like that in Manchester, we have got torrential rain while I am typing this!!!

KP - really sorry to hear you are having trouble at home, I feel your pain hun, my family life wasnt easy, and my mum fell out with me at the weekend over something and nothing..... whats the saying, you cant choose your family. But think the idea of getting some space on a Sunday may be a good shoat, and maybe trying to chat when you think your Dad can listen (i.e. no drink in hand), or maybe even a letter, sometimes its easier to say things in writing. Hope things get better for you hun.

Just a quick check in, my first week on Weight Watchers is done and I have lost 2.5 lbs. I think the pressure of a weekly weigh in is what I need. I very nearly didnt got for weigh in this week as was off work Monday and Tuesday poorly, but was back in today and there is a WW meeting in town, so thought I would go. Really glad I did now, as I am focused for loosing again at next weeks weigh in.

I got the 30 day shred DVD over the weekend, and planning to stick to it everyday along with a coupld or runs and British Military Fitness workouts a week. Got 4 weeks till Ibiza so really going to give it my all.

Although I am not logging my cals on here at the mo, I am still loving checking in and seeing how everyone is doing.

Keep up the good work UKer's!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hey :smile:

Thanks for the welcome back! I had a lovely time! WELL DONE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS THAT'S AWESOME :drinker: I sometimes think a weekly weigh in with strangers would do me good too! I hope you continue to have success from it. You will certainly be a beauty in the bikini on holiday if you combine the 30 Day Shred everyday with a jog and healthy eating. The shred really gets you in shape fast, it's an amazing dvd :-) let me know how you find it!

xxxxx:heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Good morning everyone...

OMG... This weather is depressing!! Where did the sun go!? HaHa :laugh:

Just an update on the Dad situation (btw, thank you for all your support, it truely means a LOT)......
    So on monday evening i avoided going home till about 7.30.. just because i couldnt face him.. so i decided i would go to my friends house for a catch up and a bit of moral support.. which she is very good at.. I think she is also part of MFP, but only via her iPhone... "abjoy"..
    ...anywhoo i got home to find that dads car wasnt there.. i knew he had been at the office all day so i presumed he was just stuck on the dreaded M25! I walked inside, said hi to mum and asked the obvious.. "wheres dad?".. she told me he wasnt coming home tonight, feels it would be better if he stayed away for the night to clear his head, think about how he has f***ed up.. his words, not mine! That was fine with me.. just meant that i would have to wait another day to get anything sorted out..:ohwell: .. so tuesday came along and this time i KNEW he was going to be at home.. i had to face the music.. once again i delayed going home.. i should have gone to the gym, but im not gonna lie.. i've lost all motivation this week! I walked in the front door and mum called a family meeting in the kitchen.. I felt SOOO awkward.. did not like being in that situation.. but i suppose it had to be done. Dad apologies for his behaviour, the way he spoke to us and how he felt so embarressed at his actions. he made it clear he wouldnt be drinking on a sunday (thank god) because he realises now how much it upsets me to see him like that.. I still cant fully forgive him and i dont feel like i can be the same around him yet.. so for now, there is peace in the house.. I know i should be normal around him but im finding it VERY difficult to even look at him in the face.. it all still bothers me..

So thats my little story in a nutshell.. thank u for taking the time to read...
    Im going on holiday next wednesday - I cant wait!! Cyprus here i come!! :drinker:

MIMI YOUR PHOTO IS GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ben, Lee, Plantpot - thanks for the kind words..x x x

Hope you are all ok!?!

Love Katherine x :heart:

:heart: Katherine :heart:

I'm glad your dad apologised, it definitely doesn't make the hurt go away I know that from experience but hopefully bit by bit his actions will speak louder than words and you'll be able to forgive him...fingers crossed for you I hope he keeps to his word which I'm sure he will because if I was your dad I wouldn't want to upset my beautiful daughter! :flowerforyou:

OMG you're going to Cyprus! I just came back from there! It was AMAZING hot, with a breeze and not humid at all. It was so lovely I want to go back! Where are you going? I hope you have a gorgeous time! I went on a Wednesday too haha really it was beautiful, woo hoo holiday here you come! :drinker:

Thanks re pic that was taken at the Mexican restaurant in Cyprus a couple of weeks ago, I soo wish I was still there!

Love Mikhaila :heart: xxx
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

KP - sorry about your Dad, I hope things are feeling a bit more normal again soon
    Lee - Hope your detox isn't too painful and that you get what you want out of it
    Mimi - Glad you had a good time on your trip... I'm jealous but sadly I must withold all travel and save for the wedding and honeymoon haha

I'm wayyyy homesick this week. Luckily that usually means I eat less rather than more. Hopefully it will pick up next week when work is less busy, seeing 15 patients a day across 8 different wards is rough. I have a new job as well, to start in Birmingham when this job is over so looking forward to that.

What is everyone up to for the weekend?
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    Morning All.
    Well last night was my first week weigh in at Rosemary Conley and I lost 4lbs and was Slimmer of the Week!!! I was well chuffed! Certificate is firmly stuck to the fridge and the motivation is good to try and get another 3lbs off this week. We did Zumba at last nights class - has anyone tried this?? Its bonkers!! But fun!

Haven't booked anything yet but I have 2 weeks off mid August so that's my incentive to reach my 12lb goal. Its also my 10th wedding anniversary next weekend and I am being whisked away for a night to a nice hotel. I have a lovely black dress I want to wear to dinner but the last time I tried it on it was slightly too snug so if I can be half a stone lighter by then I can wear it comfortably and feel good in it!

KP - Sorry to hear of your woes. I too have the same problem with my dad and have been through a fair bit of hell over the last couple of years so I can totally sympathise with you. If you need to chat, add me as a friend and I'll send you a message x

Have a great weekend all xx
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Morning All.
    Well last night was my first week weigh in at Rosemary Conley and I lost 4lbs and was Slimmer of the Week!!! I was well chuffed! Certificate is firmly stuck to the fridge and the motivation is good to try and get another 3lbs off this week. We did Zumba at last nights class - has anyone tried this?? Its bonkers!! But fun!

Haven't booked anything yet but I have 2 weeks off mid August so that's my incentive to reach my 12lb goal. Its also my 10th wedding anniversary next weekend and I am being whisked away for a night to a nice hotel. I have a lovely black dress I want to wear to dinner but the last time I tried it on it was slightly too snug so if I can be half a stone lighter by then I can wear it comfortably and feel good in it!

KP - Sorry to hear of your woes. I too have the same problem with my dad and have been through a fair bit of hell over the last couple of years so I can totally sympathise with you. If you need to chat, add me as a friend and I'll send you a message x

Have a great weekend all xx
    Well done that's amazing! xx
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey All, only just saw this board, i'm a little late, going to have a read through now.
    Hope you all have had good holidays if you've been anywhere :) xx
  • JimJam87
    JimJam87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you've all had good weeks.
    I joined Rosemary Conley last night, seems ok and have done well today (so far!!) but I'm at a hen do tomorrow so the no alcohol for 2 week rule will go out the window!! I'm hoping that the incentive of a weekly weigh in by a stranger will keep me on track!
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Gem x
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey All, only just saw this board, i'm a little late, going to have a read through now.
    Hope you all have had good holidays if you've been anywhere :) xx

welcome, we are here every month so read through at you when you have time.

James
  • James501
    Options
    Hey Lee

Detox awesome! I really want to do a detox...which one are you doing? What's a day's "food" like?

I look forward to hearing all about the success of it! :-)

Mimi xxx

Hey Mimi welcome back.

Your holiday sounds great fun and full marks to the amazing pic. Hows the first week back going?
    Have a good weekend

James x
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you've all had good weeks.
    I joined Rosemary Conley last night, seems ok and have done well today (so far!!) but I'm at a hen do tomorrow so the no alcohol for 2 week rule will go out the window!! I'm hoping that the incentive of a weekly weigh in by a stranger will keep me on track!
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Gem x

Hi Gem, Well done for joining. i had my first weigh in last night and lost 4lbs!!! I had a night out last Saturday and drank alcohol but was good for the rest of the week and stuck to the 1200cals and I still lost a good amount - so it can be done!!
    Enjoy the hen do x
  • partoliz
    partoliz Posts: 5
    Options
    yes i lost weight this week yippee
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Hey Lee

Detox awesome! I really want to do a detox...which one are you doing? What's a day's "food" like?

I look forward to hearing all about the success of it! :-)

Mimi xxx

Hey Mimi welcome back.

Your holiday sounds great fun and full marks to the amazing pic. Hows the first week back going?
    Have a good weekend

James x

Hi James,

Thanks :-D first week back was harrrrrd but luckily my boss has been on holiday so I've had it easy really! I am looking forward to my next holiday (probably next year) so I have something to look forward to!!!

Have a good weekend - and everyone!

Mimi xxx
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can I join? lol I'm in Northern Ireland :)
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options

You sure can.. welcome
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Well its weekend and I usually kibosh my weeks hard work...... but I feel really in control this weekend.

Was good yesterday, did well food wise and did a 30 day shred work out, had a lovely bubble bath followed by an early night. Am out tonight with the girls, so had a healthy breakfast, did another 30 day shred workout and a 4 mile run, so I now have plenty of extra cals for wine and yummy (but healthy) food!!!

Fingers crossed I can continue to do well this weekend, ready for my weight watchers weigh in on Tuesday!!!

Hope you are all having good weekends!!

xx
  • James501
    Options
    end of week 3 and i have lost 7 lbs.
    I'm now 159 lbs and my god it sounds good to say that, i remember when i was saying 190 lbs. Still 5 lbs to go to reach this months target. Might be touch and go getting there.

I didn't do alot of exercise this week but have stuck to my diet well.

Anyway I hope all is well with everyone

Catch up with you all soon

James
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope you all had great weekends! They never last long enough do they...:ohwell:

I had an ok Saturday but didn't do much exercise and also set the fire alarm off in the entire building cooking my tea then in my panick trying to turn the fire alarm OFF I turned the burglar alarm ON then that went off...oy! :embarassed:

I had a great day yesterday I went walking across Ilkley Moors all day had a lovely lunch and walked back it was about 5 hours walking all together through bracken and up hills and across bogs...yes OK it shouldn't have been across bogs but we got "slightly" lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: Anyway all that walking (and pretty fast paced walked too) enabled me to not feel so bad about the pretty darn awful food I ate...it's all in my diary if you want to look...ah!:sick:

I had a prune juice and porridge for breakfast so no bacon in sight! :bigsmile:

Have a great hol Katherine :heart:

:love: Mimi xxxx
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

It's way too close to last Friday to be Monday, huh? :laugh:
    I had a good weekend, just needed to get out of London since I was so homesick, so went and stayed overnight in Shere in Surrey... where the cute little snow covered village scenes in 'The Holiday' were filmed. It was very nice and couldn't believe how much sleep we got. My fiance laughed at me when I set an alarm for 8am (just in case... I'm usually up byy about 5.30) and when it went off we both checked other clocks to make sure that was really the time! :laugh: It was just so lovely and quiet :happy:

Still not weighing but I feel like I am losing weight. Feeling like absolute rubbish though, have done pretty much since i got to the UK. I think I'm going to try an elimination diet but I really, really don't want to! I know it could help my symptoms but I'm not sure I want to live without any of the foods on the list so it's kind of a lose-lose situation. I think I'm going to try an altered elmination diet... maybe I will keep eggs, dairy and tap water since I dont think those are problematic and hope for the best :ohwell: I think I will do it when I leave for my new job so that it doesn't affect my fiance.

Hope everyone has a great week :flowerforyou:
  • xXmimiXx
    Options
    Hiya,

It's way too close to last Friday to be Monday, huh? :laugh:
    I had a good weekend, just needed to get out of London since I was so homesick, so went and stayed overnight in Shere in Surrey... where the cute little snow covered village scenes in 'The Holiday' were filmed. It was very nice and couldn't believe how much sleep we got. My fiance laughed at me when I set an alarm for 8am (just in case... I'm usually up byy about 5.30) and when it went off we both checked other clocks to make sure that was really the time! :laugh: It was just so lovely and quiet :happy:

Still not weighing but I feel like I am losing weight. Feeling like absolute rubbish though, have done pretty much since i got to the UK. I think I'm going to try an elimination diet but I really, really don't want to! I know it could help my symptoms but I'm not sure I want to live without any of the foods on the list so it's kind of a lose-lose situation. I think I'm going to try an altered elmination diet... maybe I will keep eggs, dairy and tap water since I dont think those are problematic and hope for the best :ohwell: I think I will do it when I leave for my new job so that it doesn't affect my fiance.

Hope everyone has a great week :flowerforyou:

Hey :smile:

I love Surrey my nan and grandad live there as well as my aunty and my cousins! But omg. Thank you for telling me where the holiday was filmed that's one of my favourite films and literally my goal in life is to be able to live there I think it's the most beautiful, idyllic village in the whole world! Omg!

What symptoms do you have to be on an elimination diet? Do you get bloating or IBS? I know you can go the DIY route but Lloyds Pharmacy do a £60-odd test for any food allergies, I'd rather do that because I'm lazy hehehe :flowerforyou:

I think it's a really good idea to not weigh yourself for a few weeks! It's so disheartening when you can fluctuate daily and even if I tell myself I'm only weighing once a week, when I get to the gym I always find myself popping on. It's not good! I think I'd feel a lot better if I knew I'd had a pretty good month and weighed once, I think I'd feel happier with that! Maybe I'll give it a go! Starting August because I definitely need to weigh myself next week before I start my mini detox!

It's miserable weather in Leeds...almost don't mind as I'd rather be stuck behind a desk looking at rain than sunshine :bigsmile:

Happy TUESDAY this time! :heart: Mimi
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

I'm from NI too :smile:

I had a bad weekend diet-wise, but I have a good excuse! My little sister was brought into hospital on Friday morning... and my little niece was born on Sunday evening :happy: I'M AN AUNTIE :happy: :happy:

With everyone out of the house pretty much the entire weekend I lived on scones, bread, goujons, happy meals, etc... just whatever was quick and available! Although I stayed away from the trusty chinese take-away :smile: