Foolish things you did, when you were young..

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I can neither confirm or deny the immoral, illegal, and fattening things I have done.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Way back in the day (like middle school), I'd blow off the carpool so I could skip school. At least a few times I did that, I wouldn't realize that one of my parents only had to work a half-day, so I basically had to hide in a closet instead of having a day off.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Got brought home by the cops on Christmas Eve with my sister for skating on the frozen canal behind our house. This is the same canal we used to send the big kid in the neighborhood on to make sure it was safe.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Got brought home by the cops on Christmas Eve with my sister for skating on the frozen canal behind our house. This is the same canal we used to send the big kid in the neighborhood on to make sure it was safe.

LOL :smiley:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Play knock door run in the night. I use to love that prank :smiley:
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In high school I had my first car, a 1968 Chevy Caprice. Once at a railroad crossing with a steep embankment on either side, I gave in to temptation and went all Dukes of Hazzard on it.

What I'd forgotten is that there was nothing holding down the battery in the car. When the car landed, it slid forward and the positive terminal contacted the frame, releasing a cloud of smoke. I grabbed the tire iron and pushed it back as fast as I could.

Fortunately, everything still worked after that. But it might have caused lingering damage to other parts of the car, which might have had something to do with a wheel falling off a few years later while was in college and my sister was driving it, and then the transmission falling out a year or so later.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Stuck a whole peanut right up each nostril when I was about six.
    Absolutely no idea why but they were a perfect fit - airtight in fact.

Oops!

• bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and drugs
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Paid a man with psychological issues to attend parents evening as my "Uncle John"..... We used to call him John Des because there was a radio show with a presenter of that name that did some night-time confessions type setup.... Anyway, he'd constantly sing that particular radio station theme song and it kind of stuck. Beats knowing his actual name given his perverse nature. Anyway - he did quite well and it kind of worked - apart from with one teacher asking far too many questions after the event.
    We were what... year 9 so about 15 at the time. He was obsessed with the girls from the girls version of our school (it was split into two locations of the same town) in our group even though this guy was nearly 40 at that time. Strange strange character.

Also got suspended for throwing paper aeroplanes from the library door down the stairs. They were on fire. I think that didn't help my case....

Found out the password to the admin in our IT department from a work experience IT teacher being complacent. Changed the policy editor settings on poledit.exe for their windows network and removed pretty much every selection from the start menu as well as deleting things on their network. Got away with that one. Err....

Can't think of much else. Oh my little cousin came over from Milan one summer and we ended up trying to make a treehouse but demolished a shed that wasn't being used for anything for 'parts' because we had no wood other than branches. Parents went nuts when they found out. I was mean to her and wouldn't play afterwards because she told on me that it was my idea... which it was. I to this day resent her for it. Left me to deal with months of aggro...
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When my parents left town we would have parties. They didn't know of course. They weren't too bad bc they left my older brother (by 10 yrs) with us. Problem was we always broke something and no one ever told. My mom's favorite whatnots, ceiling fan in the living room, tvs, etc etc etc.... in the end they always found out. They couldn't prove which one did it though. There were 7 of us, 8 all together.

Imagine everyone's surprise as we're watching TV in the living room one night and out of the blue the ceiling fan begins to smoke and catch fire. MONTHS after our last little get together. My dad snatched it down and loudly wondered (quite colorfully) what idiot wired the thing cause it's all wrong. HE was a career licensed electrician, the brother that put it backup after we knocked it down the night of our party was NOT. My dad knew immediately of course bc he was the person who installed the thing to begin with.

The whatnots - There was not a single one that survived unscathed. All were broken throughout the years, meticulously super glued (our fix), and carefully returned to their proper place. They may have been tilited or turned a little differently so the crack wouldn't show. Perfect crime and cover-up. We did the house chores so she didn't find out...until we were packing to move. Yep that was not good at all.

TV. Long story but involved ceiling fan brother, Western, gun, and me sitting by said TV. By the time my parents got home, the development was me with TV glass in my eye, the TV drapped with a bed sheet bc of course that's normal for the middle of the living room filled with children, and brother walking in the pouring rain looking for a job to buy another TV. Man when he got home...my dad lined us up from oldest to youngest and whipped us. But....I was the youngest of 7 in line, so LAST. He was too tired to give me more than a lick or two.
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Got my tongue stuck to the
    Ice cube box :❄
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My mom bought her first brand new car and I stabbed holes in the leather seat with a pencil. For absolutely no reason. I wasn't having a tantrum or angry. Just because I felt like it.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

Those who have not done this have not lived a full life.
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »

Those who have not done this have not lived a full life.

I agree :smiley:
  • IVMay
    Options
    My mom bought her first brand new car and I stabbed holes in the leather seat with a pencil. For absolutely no reason. I wasn't having a tantrum or angry. Just because I felt like it.

LOL. I know the feeling. You even kind of know it's wrong at the time but half want to see the reaction and measure it's degree of ferocity as a future marker for 'crossing the line'.
  • IVMay
    Options
    Oh - my father had two identical laptops from his work which were technically company property; when they were still rare and weighed a stupid amount. I think it even had 4MB (not gb) of RAM. LMAO.

I had taken that to mean one of them was for me (spoilt little...) Anyway I used to get pissed off and impatient when it was slow - so I cracked the screen in a fit of anger - and you know what happens to a cracked screen and the lightning effect it has with the power on. I was such an idiot I tried to blame it on 'software' issues or a computer 'crash'.

He went absolutely nuts.

Then there was the time I threw a toy car at my window and broke the glass just because my mother told my friend I was at home when he knocked on the door and I didn't want to play that day.
  • IVMay
    Options
    You were a very naughty child, then.