Ask a vegan

Options
1234568»

Replies

• UltraVegRunnerBabe
    UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have you tried these yet? I've even seen some meat eaters vouch for them.

23-beyond-burger.w710.h473.2x.jpg

No! I really want to!
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    edited February 2017
    Options
    [quoted content removed by mods]

Can you please not comment if you're going to be disrespectful. Thank you.
  • AcrylicSugar
    AcrylicSugar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I'm not a vegan but I do enjoy eating vegan foods. Do you have any recipes or go to blogs for recipes? I'm all about trying new things.
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Hi OP, I'm not a vegan but I do enjoy eating vegan foods. Do you have any recipes or go to blogs for recipes? I'm all about trying new things.

http://runningonrealfood.com/20-of-the-best-vegan-blogs-to-follow/

Check out this link and see what you like:) I find that blogs glorifying in recipes are always different. Some might avoid certain things, or specialize in low/high-fat/carb/sodium/etc., or have sponsor a certain brand. It all depends on what you're looking for.

I, myself, come up with weird Food combinations and recipes all the time, but I never write them down. There's this one recipe I really like with garbanzo beans I call "Eggless Deviled Eggs", and all you need to do is blend 1 cup cooked chickpeas, 1-2 tbsp mustard, 2 tsp curry powder, and an optional would be 1/2-1 tsp chili powder in a food processor until smooth and voilà! You can spread it on bread, dip carrots it in, mix it in with noodles, or just eat it with a spoon.

Then, if you want dessert, you can take 2-3 frozen bananas, 1-2 tbsp cocoa, 2 cups spinach, and 2-4 pitted medjool dates...blend the spinach in a blender with just a tiny amount of water to make it smooth and liquidy, then add the rest of the ingredients in the blender to make banana nice-cream! Yay
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Does a vegan diet increase your vibrational frequency and elevate your consciousness?

Do you feel stuff that others do not?

Empathy and compassion.

Oh, and the feeling you get after taking a huge poop because of all that fiber.

Are you saying non-vegans have no empathy or compassion?

I get plenty of fiber as a non-vegan (so much that I have to be mindful of cutting down) and poo just fine!
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Does a vegan diet increase your vibrational frequency and elevate your consciousness?

Do you feel stuff that others do not?

Empathy and compassion.

Oh, and the feeling you get after taking a huge poop because of all that fiber.

Are you saying non-vegans have no empathy or compassion?

I get plenty of fiber as a non-vegan (so much that I have to be mindful of cutting down) and poo just fine!

Oh, non-vegans have plenty of empathy and compassion! I'm saying I feel more intune with my personal experience of empathy and compassion, especially towards animals. Yeah, sorry if that sounded like I was saying non-vegans don't have those two things, because they do:)

Also, it's great to hear you poop so much! Lol again, I'm saying that I poop more as a vegan than when I was non-vegan, as well as most of my friends. Everybody is different though, right<3
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I've started my vegan journey....

Today I had three boxes of Girl Scout cookies, a liter of Dr. Pepper and a Costco size bag of potato chips.

I feel healthy!
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I've started my vegan journey....

Today I had three boxes of Girl Scout cookies, a liter of Dr. Pepper and a Costco size bag of potato chips.

I feel healthy!

You have your grains, your potatoes, your sugar, and your fats for the day. Maybe try homemade cookies, water, and some homemade potato chips tomorrow? And get some more greens in, and I don't mean greens as in Green Tea Frappaccino with coconut milk, but veggies.
    At least no animals were harmed in the making of your comment!