When someone asks for your 'secret'

Options
Hi Guys! So I've lost close to 12 kg around 26 lbs, and at a point where everyone is noticing! I've had a few people ask me what my 'secret' is and I don't know why but it makes me a little uncomfortable? One girl asked if I am on a very strict diet and I told her that I don't find it strict I just limit my calorie intake and exercise more, and then I get the glazed looks lol I dunno anyone else feels the same way?

Replies

• sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Be persistent. Be honest. If you can't do those, you can't lose weight.

I like this
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me, I had had a magic pill of sorts. I went very low carb high fat for health reasons and the weight fell off pretty easily and quickly. Something I couldn't manage before.

When I get asked for my secret, I tell them about the low carb diet but usually ad the caveat that I have IR so I responded very well to it.
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have those same experiences and feelings. People asking and reacting the same way; and me feeling uncomfortable about it. I don't know why on either part! :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    People are expecting you to tell them something magical and when you don't they lose interest
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Most people expect me to tell them the name of the magic pill or something. I just simply say sensible meals and exercise. Than I suggest MFP, and explain lightly how it works and how it changed my life. I don't break it down into science anymore. I know they don't really care about it