When someone asks for your 'secret'

Options

Replies

• Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just limit my calorie intake and exercise more, and then I get the glazed looks
    Yupp,
    that about covers my experience.
    Thing seems to be that the people asking already knew what the answer would be but somehow hoped that there was a less obvious but almost impossible to achieve one.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! So I've lost close to 12 kg around 26 lbs, and at a point where everyone is noticing! I've had a few people ask me what my 'secret' is and I don't know why but it makes me a little uncomfortable? One girl asked if I am on a very strict diet and I told her that I don't find it strict I just limit my calorie intake and exercise more, and then I get the glazed looks lol I dunno anyone else feels the same way?

People don't really get that it's all about CICO and changing their habits, they want a magic pill. Think of it as your chance to do your civic duty and educate others.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I always tell people who seem interested about MFP. They rarely listen :tongue:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I never get asked this lol. WHY!? I wanna be asked. It seems fun.
    I think I'd go with the "portion control and some exercise" answer.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have listened either. It was ingrained in my head that losing weight HAD to be restrictive in some way. I had to "go on a diet".

Here was my thought process...

Counting calories isn't a diet/plan/program so there's no way it could work, I must stop eating x,y & z.
    It has to be a lifestyle change (which in my mind was a complete and total overhaul of everything I was eating).
    I have to work out 7 days a week and push myself.
    It won't be fun when I'm on the "diet" and everyone around me will need to be miserable because I am.

I had to be rock bottom so to speak. I knew I wanted to eat the foods I like to eat. My thought was I'd just eat 1200 calories for the rest of my life to maintain so I signed up for mfp. Whew what a relief to learn about so much stuff but especially about my TDEE:).
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Pine cones from my yard. They were a challenge to get used to them, but If I coat them in peanut butter they slide right down. Also, if you are going to tell people this, please make sure they know you are joking, because no doubt someone will try it.

What's the fibre content on those puppies?