When someone asks for your 'secret'

Options

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Pine cones from my yard. They were a challenge to get used to them, but If I coat them in peanut butter they slide right down. Also, if you are going to tell people this, please make sure they know you are joking, because no doubt someone will try it.

What's the fibre content on those puppies?

I heard a hear say rumor that kraft Parmesan cheese, the stuff that comes in a shaker bottle uses wood shavings to save money on the costs so a certain percentage of their product isn't even cheese.. If the fiber content is higher in pinecones, maybe we could email kraft and ask them to make the switch. :lol:

It's actually true...well, true-ish. It's just cellulose, which is in all plants including trees and pinecones, and is used to prevent clumping in different kinds of shredded bagged cheeses. I am eyeing my quest bar which lists "soluble corn fiber" and am wondering if that means ground up cornstalks or what. Regardless, anything that has added fiber likely has some kind of ground up plant material or another (Fiber One lists chicory root and sugar cane fiber).
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I got asked quite a bit when I first lost the weight, but trying to explain IF to people is 'interesting' to say the least :p I tried a few times to simplify things by saying I just track my calorie intake but that didn't go over much better lol.

Now I've been in maintenance long enough that everyone is just used to how I am, and I don't think a lot of people even remember that I used to be overweight.