Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    Remoth wrote: »
    Theo166 wrote: »
    fried slugs, blended with slimfast, that's what I I'll tell them.
    It'll make CICO look more interesting.

Yeah, but how much oil do you use to fry the slugs? Wouldn't baking them be lower calorie?

Doesn't work. You need to fry them quickly while still alive(kinda like boiling a lobster). Otherwise they just crawl around all over the oven. ;)

I use a beer trap to catch my slugs, that way they are premarinated for when I fry them. I found a nice dark stout tastes best. ;)

Instead maybe I'll say I eat one like a raw oyster, which causes a nice purge and kills my hunger during the subsequent 3 day fast. Repeat every Sunday.

Sadly, I'm down over 40 lbs but nobody has yet asked for my secret.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me that once when I turned down a piece of cheese. Lol then they sought validation from others about how if I couldn't eat that cheese I wasn't living.

Lol.. really? I have cheese every day almost. I just don't want YOUR cheese.
    OMG the cheese! Maybe I just prefer it on a pizza!
  • pinklife1117
    pinklife1117 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually say the secret is COMMITMENT! When you commit to your goal their is no question about who is accountable for attaining the action(s) necessary to achieve that goal! Not what people want to hear though.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'd say lots of protein, cardio, and CICO. People ask how I can eat whatever I want and stay thin and the answer basically boils down to hard work. I 'earn' it in a sense. It makes me upset when people assume it's just 'metabolism'.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    I'm in the don't discuss your program with outsiders camp. When people asked me what I was doing my answer was "old fashioned diet and exercise" and then I ran away. Less said the better.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    leialeia79 wrote: »
    I like to have a little fun with this. I've genuinely said to several people 'Kanye's Workout Plan' and walked out of the room.

I mostly just say "I've been working out a lot" or "you know, move more, eat less," but this one guy wouldn't leave me alone about it and kept saying weird things, so I said "kickboxing!"

I really like your idea, though.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    old_me wrote: »
    I bet people will listen if we just refer to it as the CICO Diet and tell them to google it. Once it has a "diet" name attached to it, people think it's the new magic weight loss kick of the year.

I like this. I really like this. It goes against absolutely everything that is proper and good, so I think it would work very well.

We need to come up with the CICO plan
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've had a few people assume that I was starving myself then started telling me that I had lost a lot of weight in a short period of time and they were concerned. It took me two years to lose 2 stone.

Some people expect there to be some magical pill that'll make the weight go away or for it to drop off by itself but they don't want to listen when you tell them about commitment and exercise.
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Along with the eat less exercise more, people hate to hear that I tell myself I'm GOING to do something and then I do it. Someone tells me, " I have no willpower" I say, "You have no willpower because you tell yourself you have no willpower." There goes the eye glaze...
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    People always seem disappointed when I tell them that I just "eat less and move more". Not gonna lie, I enjoy their sad response because they are hoping I'm going to say some miracle diet/pill/procedure/workout. Nope.... just eating less.

In reality it's a lot more. I count macros/calories. I exercise hard. But they don't need to know that bit.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I've been that other person, glazing over and preferring to hear about an easy fix that involved following a 'plan' that would get the weight off sooner than was healthy and would mean that I could eat as much as I want. I was told about MFP and looked at it but just couldn't bring myself to bother with counting calories. It was too much effort and I am a busy person. I don't know why one day I decided that I'd give it a go....It took a few days to get into the counting but it worked and still is working. Now I glaze over when a person who clearly is not having long term success with their chosen 'quick fix' tries to sell it to me