March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    nice 9 miles run this morning, was lost in my crappy thoughts and didn't even noticed I run. but it's really hot and i'm not used to run in this temperature, i feel like a turkey being roasted in an oven.

tomorrow hilly ride, thanks amazon to have lost my cycling summer jersey...
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @7lenny7 Trail Ragnar is 8 person team running a course of three loops (short, medium, long labeled respectively as vreen, yellow, red), in order until each person has completed one of each loop. I absolutely recommend a traditional Ragnar before a Trail one. The experiences are completely different.

As far as the accident goes, Any chance on catching that driver? On the face she'd be guilty of at least two to four violations (leaving the scene with property damage is a Class A Misdemeanor, and if your son was injured in any way, it's a possible felony). That just really sucks.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7- Some people are just unbelievable. So glad to hear your son is okay. And I love the photo...that's a soccer game??? Looks more like an NHL Winter Classic!

I am doing a Ragnar road event this fall. It's the Kentucky Bourbon Chase. 200 miles from Louisville to Lexington through the beautiful bourbon country, ending with a big party in Lexington. I am super excited, especially for the solo night runs on back country roads. I heard it is isolated, but no so much that it's creepy or scary. We will sleep in public parks and fields along the way. What could be more fun than spending 2 days cooped up in a van with a bunch of sweaty runners? I think I will welcome sleeping under the stars, as long as it doesn't rain! My husband is also part of our team. He currently doesn't really run more than 5Ks, so he was promised an easy leg, but I am still trying to make him understand that he needs to take training seriously.

https://www.bourbonchase.com/
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @7lenny7 Aargh! Terrible! Get that kid a GoPro so it's all filmed next time :-D

I've gone completely off track. Got overwhelmed and exhausted with my husband traveling and this funeral. I was on my feet a lot. So I got home from the funeral yesterday and forced myself out into horrible dreary weather, only to have BOTH my knees aching. That was the longest mile loop of my life to get back home and out of my misery. Then I was mad because it was snow flurrying and would've been fun to run in the flurries :(

Miraculously my knee felt fine later and I did a 40 min HIIT/Strength Fitness Blender workout with no knee pain whatsoever????
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/3: 30 mins strength training + 30 mins yoga
    2/3: 34 mins C25K (Wk6 D2) 4.48 kms + 30 mins yoga
    3/3: Walked 14K+ steps
    4/3: Walked 5K+ steps
    5/3: Walked 4K+ steps
    6/3: Walked 2K+ steps
    7/3: Walked 7K+ steps
    8/3: 31 mins Interval running 3.86 kms + 30 mins yoga
    9/3: 30 mins strength training + 30 mins yoga
    10/3: 30 mins Interval running 3.79 kms + 30 mins yoga
    11/3: Walked +7K steps
    12/3: Walked +2K steps
    13/3: Walked +12K steps
    14/3: 33 mins strength training + 30 mins yoga
    15/3: 31 mins Interval running 3.95 kms + 30 mins yoga
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That must have been so scary, glad he is ok.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 A couple of years ago I stopped in traffic and a kid on a motorbike hit the ground behind me. I was convinced I’d somehow stopped too suddenly and he’d gone into the back of me, although he assured me he just slid on the white line paintwork and didn’t even make contact with my vehicle.

But I pulled over, helped him get his bike to the side of the road, he was shocked and mostly devastated as he’d spent a couple of years putting the bike together and was on his first day in a new job. I got heaps of abuse from passing traffic assuming I’d hit him, but I would never have considered leaving the poor kid alone. I wanted to wait with him whilst his dad came to pick him up, but someone who worked nearby persuaded him to go to their works for a cup of tea and to wait. The point being I don’t understand how any human being could walk/drive away from someone who’d had an incident, no matter HOW minor and uninjured they were. Especially a kid. You wait for the parents to turn up, or you damn well drive them and their mangled bike back to their home, and sit their whilst the parents yell at you.

I’ve had people lately drive through red lights at pedestrians crossings, and I’m damn sure I look both ways repeatedly as I don’t trust them. One guy even looked me straight in the eye before he went. I don’t understand people who can’t comprehend how much their heap of metal is going to hurt, and can’t wait just a few seconds.

glad your son was okay, but sorry this happened to him.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    3/1 - Hate starting a month on a rest day.
    3/2 - 5.0 miles.
    3/3 - Grrr...overslept this morning and have commitments after work. No run. Unwanted rest day!
    3/4 - 6.0 miles.
    3/5 - 3.1 'mill miles, then upper body weights.
    3/6 - Life got in the way. Had to get kids up and going early.
    3/7 - WINDY 4.38 miles.
    3/8 - 3.45 'mill miles, then upper body weights.
    3/9 - 4.8 treadmill miles at Trek class.
    3/10 - Unplanned rest day.
    3/11 - 4 'mill miles.
    3/12 - 7 windy miles. Longest run in 5 months. Plus, negative splits...woot!
    3/13 - Another rest day. I am totally slacking.
    3/14 - 5.1 treadmill miles at Trek class. Lots of speed/"hill" combo today.
    3/15 - Beware the Ides of March! 3.42 treadmill miles, then upper body weights.

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread/group. Is it too late for me to join as it is already half over. (almost exactly)

never too late. Welcome
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread/group. Is it too late for me to join as it is already half over. (almost exactly)

Just set your goal from now unless you know how many miles or Km you have covered this month :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Aargh! Terrible! Get that kid a GoPro so it's all filmed next time :-D

Or pull that cell phone out and record! Glad everyone is alright @7lenny7 !
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Still getting caught up on here, lol.

Very very glad I went to the ENT today though. I still have a sinus infection (3 1/2 weeks now). Got a 3rd, stronger course of antibiotics, and a round of steroids this time as well. I am ready to be DONE with this mofo!

Planning on getting in 7 miles on the dreadmill at the gym tonight. We had over a foot of snow yesterday and the roads are still not great (I wouldn't mind running on them, I just don't trust the drivers, lol). Looking forward to finally getting back on track with my mileage! Definitely not hitting my goal for the month though.
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just a test - I thought I replied with my monthly goal, but it isn't here....so, testing before I write another essay.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 3.5 mi.
    3/2 - 4.0 mi.
    3/3 - 4.2 mi.
    3/4 - 4.0 mi.
    3/5 - 3.5 mi.
    3/6 - 3.1 mi.
    3/7 - 3.5 mi.
    3/8 - 3.2 mi.
    3/9 - rest
    3/10 - 3.1 mi.
    3/11 - 3.0 mi.
    3/12 - 4.1 mi.
    3/13 - 4.0 mi.
    3/14 - 4.7 mi.
    3/15 - 4.1 mi.
    March total: 52.0/100
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Still getting caught up on here, lol.

Very very glad I went to the ENT today though. I still have a sinus infection (3 1/2 weeks now). Got a 3rd, stronger course of antibiotics, and a round of steroids this time as well. I am ready to be DONE with this mofo!

Planning on getting in 7 miles on the dreadmill at the gym tonight. We had over a foot of snow yesterday and the roads are still not great (I wouldn't mind running on them, I just don't trust the drivers, lol). Looking forward to finally getting back on track with my mileage! Definitely not hitting my goal for the month though.

@KatieJane83 - So sorry to hear you're still fighting infection. Hope you find relief soon!! You must live in the northeast, too. I live in Maine and we got @ 10-12 in. of snow f4om the storm. I'm soooooo ready for spring.
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Aim: 120k

3/2: 1.5k -warmup for strenght training-
    3/3: 11.6k -5.49 min/km-
    3/4: 4.4k -wu and cd for strength training-
    3/5: 10.7k -Perfect trail, a little bit tired at the end-
    3/8: 6.5k -easy incline-
    3/9: 8k -treadmill, intervals-
    3/11: 6k -last shake out before race-
    3/12: 13k -Trail Race-
    3/14: 5k -cool down from race and from strength training-
    3/15: 4k -cool down-

Everything is fine!!

SUM: 70.7/120k

Races:
    3/19: 10k Rapsani Trail
    4/2: Alexander the Great 10k
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Didn't meet goal in February. No good excuse. Picked up a couple of overtime shifts at work...so was unmotivated afterwards.

It was the first time I ran outside in cold (to me) weather. The temp was 31 degrees with "real feel" of 24 and snow flurries. I wore layers....leggings and a wool sweater. The first mile was rough.....but then started feeling much better after that. Still working at slowing my pace...really challenging when the weather is cold. At around mile 6, I had to cut off the trail to use the bathroom. Something about running slow really jostles my bladder. However I didn't quit. My goal was 8 miles and achieved it, albeit probably 14 minute miles. I noted that after mile 6, it was much easier to run slowly...I think that is probably the threshold of my fitness and conditioning. Always nice to know where my ceiling is.

I noticed that my lower back muscles tightened at the end of the run. Has that happened to any of you? It stayed tight for another day.

The good news is that I exceeded my December, January and February goal, but made my goal 40 miles this month.

3/13.....8 miles....plus whatever I ran to go to the bathroom...only counting the 8.
    3/11.....3.58 miles
    Completed....31.58 miles.
    Goal...40 miles

In the middle of my work week. Will catch up with posts this weekend.

Upcoming race.....the mini-marathon in Indianapolis 5/6.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: March MTD (goal = 95)
    03/01/17 :::: 2.3 :::: 2.3
    03/02/17 :::: 6.7 :::: 9.0
    03/03/17 :::: 5.1 :::: 14.1
    03/04/17 :::: 3.1 :::: 17.2
    03/05/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 19.9
    03/06/17 :::: 4.4 :::: 24.2
    03/07/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 24.2
    03/08/17 :::: 2.7 :::: 26.9
    03/09/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 29.5
    03/10/17 :::: 3.5 :::: 33.0
    03/11/17 :::: 2.7 :::: 35.7
    03/12/17 :::: 7.7 :::: 43.4
    03/13/17 :::: 2.6 :::: 46.0
    03/14/17 :::: 5.0 :::: 51.0
    03/15/17 :::: 3.5 :::: 54.4

About 2 ft of snow out there and still coming down, with the wind really picking up now too. I took Stella out for a walk this morning but am trying to convince her she doesn't need another one because the blowing snow is really awful. I did a treadmill run at the Y, which was closed from early last evening until noon today but reopened to limited activities. There were a fair number of cabin fever folks there getting some exercise in but not as many as I expected.

I'd really like to enjoy some of my spring break outside so I'm hoping things start improving tomorrow afternoon and Friday.

@7lenny7 so glad your son is OK! There's no excuse for the carelessness and irresponsible behavior of the driver. I can't believe she drove away!