March 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Looks Like one of the Numbers in my End of month Posts must be in the Spam Filter as it is waiting for approval.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    @Orphia @JessicaMcB It was interesting! Haha. My depth perception was a little off with the big goggles on so I was clipping rocks alot. Thankfully only a couple scrapes. Still ended up with sand inside the goggles! The wind whistling on the cactus and rocks was awesome! But I blew over constantly. lol. Only saw 1 group of girls and they looked pretty mad and ready to get out of there. I said "hello!" No response. Eventually the sun got blocked and I thought I was on Mars. I had a great time!

And :) last night I was running/drafting behind this dude In a beach cruiser and he had no idea I was there. I eventually coughed and he shouted "whoa! man hey!" I kept pace as long as I could before him speeding up past 6:30/mi.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

juliet3455 wrote: »
    Looks Like one of the Numbers in my End of month Posts must be in the Spam Filter as it is waiting for approval.

@juliet3455 Ah, don't you hate that! Poor post is lost in wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey place between past and future. :(

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    In other news I scared the bejesus out of some poor guy when I tore down the hill near the airport tonight. When I come up on people I always shout "on your left/right" so they aren't startled when I pass them- apparently that too is startling lol
    @JessicaMcB "on your left" is a nice concept, but I have the impression most people don't know if it means "I'm passing on your left" or "move over to the left side". Or they just look to the left to see what's "on their left" and drift in your way...

Have you tried singing instead?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehh8ZdIMMj4

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    "JessicaMcB wrote: »
    In other news I scared the bejesus out of some poor guy when I tore down the hill near the airport tonight. When I come up on people I always shout "on your left/right" so they aren't startled when I pass them- apparently that too is startling lol"

ROFL - Sounds very similar to my cyclist experience. Just thinking about it still makes me smile ... although I envisage him toppling of his bike rather than almost - in my head
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Got my last run of March in this morning. 4.05 easy miles before work. I'm feeling pretty good, despite having my lowest running mileage since last February. Still, getting in 54 miles while recovering from in jury and illness isn't too bad.... Just annoyed that I started 2017 with 2/3 months below 100 miles. Oh well, here's to April being better!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Last run of March and boy am I glad! Caught my husband head cold and feel like *kitten*. Just did a flat slow 3.40 mile. Hopefully I'll feel better by Sunday to run.

01/03 3.86 miles
    02/03 Rest
    03/03 2.78
    04/03 Rest
    05/03 7.05
    06/03 Rest
    07/03 Rest
    08/03 3.80
    09/03 Rest
    10/03 2.89
    11/03 Rest
    12/03 8.10
    13/03 Rest
    14/03 Rest
    15/03 3.77
    16/03 Rest
    17/03 2.90
    18/03 Rest
    19/03 5.67
    20/03 Rest
    21/03 Rest
    22/03 4.71
    23/03 Rest
    24/03 2.89
    25/03 Rest
    26/03 10.30
    27/03 Rest
    28/03 Rest
    29/03 4.66
    30/03 Rest
    31/03 3.40

Total 66.78/60target

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner Nice pictures! I should probably try to run trails more...all I get to see are cars, driven by people who seem to do their damnedest not to see me, lol.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @garygse ...there is an app called alltrails that I use to help find trails in the area. Trail running is definitely fun and more interesting than the roads. ;)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @BEERRUNNER -Looks like an awesome run.

After my short, easy run this evening, I will finish up March with just over 100 miles. Considering this is supposed to be the peak training month for my race, that's pretty depressing. On the other hand, maybe I should be grateful for the 100 miles I was able to run in stead of the 100 miles I wasn't able to run. It could be worse.

On Wednesday I got my Remicade infusion. This is the medicine I get administered every 6 weeks for my Crohn's disease. Yesterday I had a post infusion allergic reaction which causes my throat and lips to swell. I am okay after taking some Benadryl, but that wipes me out. Therefore, I missed another workout yesterday. I had planned on going to cycling class, but that wasn't happening after Benadryl. These allergic reactions have happened a few times in the past, but not that often. It seems to happen when I am stressed and rundown. In addition to health and running woes this month, work has been a complete nightmare and I have been working most weekends. Along with doctor and orthodontist and PT appointments, I just feel pretty beat up. My focus for April is going to be getting adequate sleep! Oh yeah, and running that marathon...
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I love Orangetheory. It is a mix of rowing, treadmill, and weights. Every day is a different HIIT workout which I love because it keeps it interesting. The other day I rowed about 4,000m, but then on other days I will row only 500m, and do more treadmill work. Weight workouts vary too. Core, upper body, and lower body are usually worked on, sometimes not all three every day, but if you go throughout the week, you will hit those three areas. The coaches are really energetic and fun too, so that helps you to want to keep going back. I'm doing OTF Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I get my runs in usually on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It's a good balance. If you want to try it, the first session is free. They will give you a heart monitor and you can see your heart rate and calorie burn on the screen, along with everyone else's. They like you to stay in the Orange and Red Zone for about 12-20 minutes, and the rest of the time in the Green Zone. They say the Orange and Red zones give you the after burn effect.

Give it a try and see if you like it!