WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Generator has been on since 2 PM power outage, cable out an hour later which means no tv, wifi or house phones. Using my iPhone hotspot for internet but running slow. Wind dying down, 12" of heavy, wet snow. Haven't read 87 posts to catch up but will tomorrow hopefully. Need to be in Boston for noon appointment

Lois in a very dark town on the Morth Shore of snowy Ma.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    KJ- Many, many. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bet you are looking forward to seeing Joaquin very soon. <3
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Janetr - Hope your daughter 's little step GD gets to go home soon. <3

• pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers and hugs to those who need.
    Paula Y.
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    well I goofed and lost my post so be back tomorrow 1007848zil9et4kln.gif
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    DJ. - You look fantastic in that dress. As for that messed up post chalk it up to a little too much vanilla in my coffee? It would have been nice to have more hair by tonight though

Lisa - I hope that tape works some magic for Corey. Here's to less pain.

Karen- Good news on Olivia. You must be so excited and happy.

NY Karen - Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your friends' family.

Rita - It sounds like things are taking a turn for the better. RV looks nice. Have you named it?

Heather - As always Bea brings a smile to my face.

KJ - You must be over the moon excited. Being Grandma is the Best! Joaquin is so very cute.

annieoldie - Sending prayers for your DD and the twins.

Beth - Saying a prayer for your hubby's back surgery.

Janetr - Mia is beautiful. Hope she is able to come off the oxygen and go home soon.

Today was not the best for eating. I need to get back to eating breakfast I think. My ankle is feeling a bit better so if the weather holds I may try walking a little longer tomorrow.

HR Manager came down for meetings. The staff was very vocal and very complimentary about the assistant managers apparently. That was nice to hear. We had our own meeting with her. Overriding themes were communication and recognition. Same themes as every other year. I am not sure what we can do to recognize them more. We give out gift cards, thank you cards, acknowledge them in meetings, etc. We can't get them any more money or more hours. I had to leave the meeting as I was already late for my appointment for my nails. Our half hour meeting turned into almost 2 hours.

My nails are now a robin's egg blue in anticipation of Spring and Easter. Larry hates them but they will go well with the blue shirts I wear 5 days/week. My manicurist just got back from Nicaragua. Dreaming of travelling soon.

My DS asked me stop there for coffee and a visit. I feel like she could come to my house some time but I did it.
    My niece is now thinking of getting married on Oct 7th. This is the 4th date she has come up with. I was hoping she wouldn't pick that weekend as it is Larry's 65th birthday on Oct 5th and I was hoping some of his family could come celebrate with us. We'll see. The wind may change.

Took Keira to dance class so her parents could go to the information night about Greysyn's trip to Quebec. She was so excited to wear her "sports bra" for hip hop class. It's really just a short exercise top. Her brother is just disgusted that his Mother would let his sister wear such a thing. He is such a funny, conservative kid.

Trying to keep to the No Sugar as best I can.

-Sharon in Lethbridge ( water is running in the streets)
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Sharon, you can do recognition in emails :), there's a few articles on the web about recognition if you really want to look into it.
    Pam in Adelaide
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Joaquin is adorable, Mia and Olivia too.. so many adorable babies...
    Tom took my car ,I will take his as he has the longer commute...
    I am taking the senior driving course with my dad tomorrow and dropping Chester off at the groomers..
    Schools here in town have a 2 hr delay, and I hope my DD doesnt ask me to get Taliah to school I lost time yesterday from work. and I either have to use personal time, or vacation time... will see if I can skate by without using any..
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Morning all. Looking out my window at the huge wall of snow and can't even see the road. Kind of worried about the drive in. Did not sleep well, I wonder if it was the protein in my snack but that was at 6:30 and I went to bed around 10.

Sharon I understand about the challenge with recognition. It is very hard when you have no dollars in your budget that you can use . I agree with Pam, we have done some creative things using email. I honestly believe our reward for working is our pay check and my job as manager is to recognize the efforts of my staff and continue to maintain a productive, kind and happy work environment. We did a study years ago about recognition in the work place and found that the majority of employees did not want "stuff" rather, they preferred a kind word from their manager or senior admin. Sometimes, I will ask the CEO to come recognize my staff.

Have I said lately how much I love my wearever pan!! I keep trying to cook messy sticky things but they don't stick and the pan comes clean every time!

Going out now to brave the snow and icy roads ugh!

<3 Sarah in wintery Ontario
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back Penny~ I have Bing for a Home Screen and they post a new picture daily... last week it was the observatory up in your town .. was so impressed ...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Welcome back Penny

45 min Leslie Sansone vid with weights
    30 Squats with KB (will do more later)
    30 KB swings
    2 min plank (can't seem to get past 2 min)

Eating has been all over the place, think it's because I'm stressing about our trip tomorrow, don't know why as we've been so many times to Benidorm it seems like home from home

Kate UK <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Kelly- Joaquin is beautiful! Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us! Congratulations <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :)<3hooray for Olivia going home with her family.
    469367makfzcur9b.gif
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    So glad for Olivia's departure from the hospital... hope Mia is off the oxygen soon.

Press day.

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Karen What a great picture!

DH is off to get one of our feral garage cats neutered. Orion has been a regular this winter. DH was able to trap him Monday & got a spot on the list of the Spaymobile thus morning; which for feral cats is free.

As for me off to a meeting on Cape Cod for the morning. Meeting ends w/lunch out. I am committing to a healthy choice w/no desert. I actually got up in time to have a healthy breakfast & I'll take my coffee to go though. (We'll see if having breakfast really helps my choice at lunch, or just gives me less calories I can use at noontime.)

In Southeastern MA the snow amounted to about 3in. as it turned to rain by mid afternoon. Other friends reporting 18in some places.

Naiomi in Massachusetts 19 F clear and sunny.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Penny good to see you.

Kelly congratulations!

Celebrating good news about Olivia.

:heart: Margaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news that baby Olivia went home. That is absolutely the best news today. Hard to believe she is already five weeks. Let the fun begin!!!!!

Janetr okc