WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Will do 1 hr on the rebounder to a DVD by Gay Gasper. Not sure what the plan will be for tomorrow but I'll do something at the hotel. Going to try using my tablet to listen to an audiobook.

Becky - good for you not having those pies! Hard mints are good, huh? So sorry about your niece

janetr - good luck to your daughter!

Becca - could you please repost your last name? I meant to send you a friend request, but completely forgot it and now I can't find your post with your name. I remember that in your photo you had an elk. Lately, I get on facebook less and less

Joyce - what a wonderful thing for your daughter to do for her grandmother

Kim - sorry about the raised rates. Can't get over it. Well, you're in CA. Here our detached garage would be the perfect place for solar panels, but our electric rates are so cheap that it isn't worth it to buy solar. At least not yet. So sorry about your brother and your insurance woes

Sharon - I did find a few dresses that I took pictures of. I'm thinking that something in silver would be a nice compliment to the guy's black tuxes. There are a few questions I need to ask this one place about a dress I saw there. I liked it, but it was only in a size 2. Too small for me. Does it come in any other colors? Can they get a larger size? I'm going to write down the name of the manufacturer and if they can't get it in another size, maybe I can get it off the internet.

Almost forgot the take my food with me while we're traveling, so I preportioned out things like carrots, dried fruit, etc.

Michele in NC who is going to VA

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,796 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept like a rock last night thank goodness.
    Kim ~ so glad to see you posting and hope that your situation resolves itself, I will keep you in my prayers..
    I was supposed to do to a himalyan salt cave tomorrow afternoon with my DSIL and some of her nieces ..but trying to save cash wherever I can. who knows what the future holds..
    I feel empowered that I threw this all in his lap.. it is his decision ..
    we have discussed finances, and I think he knows he has to make a decision on either getting rid of me and knowing that he will lose alot financially.. Or try and work through our problems and make our marriage work..
    he asked me yesterday if there was a time frame? and I said I am not gonna stick this out and be ignored and no plans for the future...
    He did help me figure out finances in quicken.. since I control my paycheck now and I am helping with bills. I am trying to take a page from his financial prowess and keep receipts and when I spend money come home and make sure things balance.. there was a discrepancy between bank and quicken and he helped me figure out where that came from.. the 2 checks that I wrote haven't been cashed yet..
    I have a silk scarf with shamrocks on it from Ireland that was my moms, as she was full Irish and I am 1/2 will be wearing it in memory of mom and for St Pattys day. Today is my DGD 9th birthday.. will be bringing her presents today as the party will be sunday and dont want her to just throw stuff to the side.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning, just marking my spot. Have a great day everyone!
    <3 Sarah
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morn.Got up at 4:30...not sure why.Was listening to see if DH was resting easy.....he was,so decided to let him rest.Made my huge mug of tea,
    checked weather & now reading news.

Thanks to all.I wasn't clear about a
    recumbent bike.Mine will be an indoor bike for exercising only.We live in a city suburb & to ride outside would mean loading,
    driving to a park unloading,
    then reversing.I agree the Terra bikes would be great for outside biking.Prefer buying local..but even so.....love the Amazon reviews & always check them out.

JANETR..such great news about your DD.

KIM.....our gas & elec also went up.Time Warner tv is no more & new owner said the fee wouldn't go up.That was true until their 1st bill came.This was "sock it to them" month! So sorry to hear about the insure problems! Have heard from ppl who have $2-5000 deductibles.WOW
    You have a full plate of family hurt....So sad for you.

BARBARA,I can eat the same thing till it's gone....Hub will eat left overs....once.So the freezer gets a work out.Soup & chili is frozen flat in portions to suit.
    We had a small chest freezer I hated.Now have a 25 cubic ft up right & it's getting full.I keep a lot of frozen veggies,
    certain meat & fruit used in our smoothies.Does my heart good to say hub finally took to the smoothies.His are loaded with good things,including spinach.
    Time to get dressed,check on DH & get my work done.If the house isn't spruced up in the morn,won't happen. Have a nice,thin day.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-20X 10 X 35

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Shopping today! I am going to walk the mall!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Penny - sounds lovely. Have a good time with the hubby, y'all have such interesting lives.

Allie - sounds like you're in a good place, mentally. Proud of you, hang on to that sense of accomplishment!

Kim - my dear woman, wish I could whisk you out of Cali. Once I went to part-time, I no longer could get insurance for work, and Corey's employers don't supply health insurance. We went to what's called short term insurance. Costs us about $600 for six months (he's 47--definitely changes with age), just for him. They will take monthly payments. For both of us it would have been $2,500 every six months, so once again, thank goodness for the VA. It doesn't satisfy the requirements of the Affordable Care Act, but you have the option to check that you can't afford other insurance on your tax forms, and the penalties are quite minimal when you file taxes. According to your income, the penalty can even be zero. Is it the best insurance? Absolutely not. But it's at least insurance. Look up short-term health insurance on the web if you want to look into it. He's with HCA.

Sorry I've been so self-involved of late. Massive changes at work, with the newspaper ownership about to fracture on March 31, so everything's up in the air there. Long, long story underlying it, but it's a family-owned group, and the father is firing the daughter who actually owns the paper, taking us and four other papers she owns out of the publishing group, as well as the central office that deals with all our ad creation, reporting and bookkeeping.

Not sure how all that's going to work out. Who fires somebody six weeks prior to the fact? Believe it or not, it all started because the father doesn't like the daughter's boyfriend. Whom she hired as her second-in-command. I'm simply trying not to think about it, because I can't affect it one way or the other. Not easy.

Hope all hubbies, children, grandchildren and family members get good news from all kinds of directions.

Love y'all...
    Lisa in West Texas
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Have finally caught up.

Beth: Like the idea of food confusion; it makes sense. Hope your husband's operation went well.

Ginger: My husband also had the habit of bringing home special little desserts, but since I joined MFP he only brings home one for himself and waits until after I have left the table to indulge.

Chris: If you have an iphone or an ipad, there is a great app called Happy Scales. You enter your weight daily or weekly and it shows your weight trends, evening out the little ups and downs.

Sarah: Hope your doctor visit goes well. I had a tumor ten years ago. There were three months between the diagnosis and the post-op biopsy results. Not knowing in the interim was really scary.

Karen: Really glad that Olivia got to go home.

Kelly and Janettr: Joaquin and Mia are beautiful!

Lanette: Your breakfast dish looks tasty! Re exercise calories, I eat back less than 25% of them. I mainly use them to give myself a little cushion.

Re: Your loss is inspiring.

Penny: Glad your husband's outing had a happy outcome. Your photograph is stunning.

Paula and Denise: Hope the scales start down again for you both soon!

-Leigh in France

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrrrrr! Lost my post!
    I shouted out to Lisa and Penny. <3

Croissants are a two man job. Going to make the initial mix this pm.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,345 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Patceo - It is best to buy the best exercise bike you can afford. We have a Life Fitness recumbent one. Amazon sell reconditioned ones. We have had it several years now from new and never had a problem with it. When we bought a cheap elliptical we had endless problems and repairs. Now we have another Life Fitness we have never had a problem. We have a cheap rower, which is still fine.

Heather UK

PS - Just looked at my croissant recipe while I was making the mix. It makes 30 :noway:

Kim - Welcome back. I have really missed you. <3 I can't imagine having to pay for medical care. We sometimes don't get routine treatment as fast as we would like, but at least it's free. Internet, phone/tv provision also seem cheaper over here. I suppose they think everyone in CA is rich! Your petrol (gas) is cheaper than ours, I believe, and clothes and food seem cheaper, judging by what people say. Our utilities are also going up, by not by the same percentage. Last year we got a refund on our direct debit payments. :D
    We are already eating massively into our savings and this move and renovation will deplete them even more. But I reckon I'm not going to live forever.

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Kim ... so sorry that life is complicated for you right now ... thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Life is never dull around here. Got a call from my mom last night that my dad had been taken by ambulance to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. Turned out to be a twist in the intestine. A colonoscopy has taken care of it for the moment. They're waiting and watching. But my mom's way of handling this kind of stuff frustrates me to no end. She calls frightened, has me call the family, then doesn't update any further. A friend took her home at 11:30 after my dad was feeling better. Did she call me? (No cell phone) No, she didn't want to wake me? Of course, I got to worry all night until I got ahold of her this morning. Parents and children just don't get it!

Today, my immune system has succumbed to the crud ... I have a lousy cold! Stress will do that to you...

"Irish you all a Happy St. Paddy's Day!"

Beth near Buffalo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    ((Kim))

My insurance is $640 a month right now with 7000 deductible. Part of why didn't go in for my knee. DH company he worked for is covering some of the cost right now. So it costs me about $200 a month. That money will run out some time next year. My plan is to continue in a high deductible plan. Unfortunately 60-65 has the highest insurance costs. Our costs for DH surgery are yet to be determined, too. I do not get health insurance with my job. I look at it as what I make helps with the cost of this insurance. I'll continue to work as long as I can. Fortunately I love what I do.

I said it when the affordable health care act started. If they do nothing to work at keeping drug and medical care costs down this will not last long. I wish I was not right.

Penny your photo was a day brightener.

:heart: Margaret
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    4442.gif
    Catch ya later, My Friends.
    DJ
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Kim)))
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I consider Jack and I very fortunate when it comes to health care costs. We both pay our $104 (or whatever it is) per month out of or SS benefits for Medicare Part B coverage. Then due to Jack having served in the Air Force for 20+ years, TriCare (government insurance) pays what ever Medicare does not, including prescriptions. We have not had to pay anything for any of the surgeries we have had, etc. And we go to the local doctors of our choice. It's definitely beneficial. Very thankful for this.

Janetr okc
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kate of but not in UK. No words suffice, but thank you for the pics!