WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Whirlwind of a day---my eating was out of control!!!. I am heading to bed before more food makes its' way into my mouth :(

NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Well, went to the bank for Newcomers, returned the CD's I borrowed from the library, chatted with Lynette, volunteered at the Green Room, then went to Charlotte to look at dresses. I found about 3 that I took a picture of. Then I'll ask Denise which she feels I should have.

Supposed to leave tomorrow to go to VA to help Jess move. I just downloaded an audiobook so I might listen to it while I'm exercising at the hotel's gym. We'll see how it goes.

Made "chicken nuggets" to take to Jess. Her birthday is next Wed so I had to get her a card. We'll take it up this weekend.

Karen in VA - the Dove with caramel is to die for. But it has to be the Dove from Canada or the UK. Not what's sold in the US. One time Vince got them for me, I hid them in the freezer downstairs. Only my daughter found them....lol So much for my hiding spot. So when my girlfriend sent me some Swiss chocolates, you can bet they were eaten REAL fast

I agree that the babies are adorable

Michele in cold NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Shari, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. My main goals are to stay within my calorie goals and log my food every day. I do try to exercise but don’t set a specific goal for myself. We each do this journey in our own way.

Paula, I do hope you aren’t getting sick. Congrats on your DD picking a guy you like.

Ginger, that is scary about your eye problems. I do hope you can get some relief. (((Hugs)))

Janet#1, after I posted that about your great grands I realized I could have some too. Since my 45 year old DD has no children she just still seems young to me. What fun to have all the grands.

Penny, I know I’d have started to worry if that had been my DH. Glad it all worked out and they all made it back safely.

Leigh, a huge Congratulations on your continued loss. Keep up the great work!!!

Cpopa, you are so right that we can do this if we just set our minds to it. Keep it up.

NYKaren, you go girl!!!

Lisa, I only have one thing to say. “Log your food” no matter what. (((Hugs)))

Karen, Olivia is just a doll. I just want to reach through my screen and hug her to pieces!!!

Heather, bummer about your water leak. I do hope it can be repaired quickly and at little expense. (later) Glad that’s all it was.

Allie, I do hope "he" decides what it is that he wants. All we want is for you to be happy. (((Hugs)))

Joyce, I had to laugh picturing your dog with all those “hidden” treats. Glad that wasn’t his demise.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I have one page to catch up but won’t make it tonight. The bed is calling my name and not quietly. Congrats to all with victories and keep up the good work. (((Hugs))) to everyone and especially those that are having any kind of problems.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cpopal6
    cpopal6 Posts: 10 Member
    FYI please call me Paula O. From IA. Everyone have a good nights sleep for tomorrow is a new day to achieve our goals!!!! Gggggggooo team!!!!
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    Hello everyone. Just getting on quickly to log my lunch & dinner. Ate too much & feel uncomfortably stuffed. Ugh. Overall for the day, wasn't really too bad, but over the total calories I want to stick to. Plus didn't exercise today, so should've kept it lower. Stayed at work about an hour late to do some stuff & then stopped to get a few groceries & pick up something for dinner. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

On a positive note: we had tons of fattening goodies brought in by the Math & Science depts in honor of Pi day (missed it due to snow day) & I chose to not indulge at all- not even one cookie. o:) I just went in while getting stuff set up to put the pie & napkins I brought in, grabbed a mint hard candy & went right back to my classroom. Later, when another teacher passed me in the hall during my lunch period & she was carrying a loaded plate & commented about how we went all out, I still avoided the temptation to go & get any. Instead, went back to my classroom & ate the healthy salad & yogurt I'd brought for lunch while worked on some lesson plans.

Back to school today after 2 snow days. The city where I teach really got hammered with snow. I think they set a record there. Where I live, we're more used to a lot of snow & the roads were plowed really well, but they were barely plowed as I got to the city. Only 1/2 of the lanes were plowed & still lots of snow in the roads, so tough maneuvering. At least not still snowing today. Understandably, they don't have anywhere to push the snow in the city. Plus, they had problems with cars parked on the street, which got buried & plows have to try to get around - they towed lots of them. About 1/2 of my students were absent, so pretty quiet day. Gave them their 30-wk test to start & planned to do it over 2 days, but will need to plan an extra day next wk for catch-ups since so many were out. Haven't gotten much sleep past couple days, so glad to have a relatively easy day at work. Tomorrow they have a 1/2 day, so should get out on time & then plan to go to YMCA to swim or wt machines.

Found out this afternoon that we're losing one of our vacation days in April due to going over the allotted snow days, though. That stinks. Oh well. Sure hope we don't need to use another one.

Thank you for all the kind sentiments about the passing of our niece.

Gotta go try to get some sleep. Will try to catch up with the posts again over the wkend. Forecast is for more lake effect snow on Sat. Noooooooo!

-- Becky (Upstate NY)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Janetr I wonder how little Mia is doing adjusting to being home? She is such a cutie pie.

Karen in VA

The only news I had today was they are doing well. My daughter is putting in a required 54 hours per week at the new CPA firm until tax season is over plus completing the last class for her master's which she will receive in May. Throw in here a ten day trip to Greece (she will spend the weekend before her trip here in OK with me). She will take the first of the four part CPA Certification exam in July. She's a busy bee for a few months.

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    19,000 steps
    218 minutes walking Sasha and Bess
    102 minutes riding the exercise bike
    line dance class

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.35min, 14amph, 138mhr, 2.9mi = 114c
    apple watch- 93c
    Ski Machine- 45min, 5incl, 25-35resist, 123ahr, 129mhr, 2.14mi = 305c
    apple watch- 283c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.07min, 143mhr, 11.9amph, 1.4mi = 78c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.36min, 11.02min mi, 150mhr, .5mi = 69c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.33min, 9.39min mi .4mi = 64c no wahoo
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21.17min, 7.3mi, 2.6mi =149c no wahoo.

total cal 779
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Finally caught up. Don't know how I get so far behind.
    I also have Macular Degeneration. Diagnosised 15 years ago. I was in a clinical study at UTSWMC in Dallas for 6 years testing the ingredients in Presservision vitamins. I take the vitamins everyday.
    The Babies are so cute. My youngest grandchild is now 10 and I miss having a little one.
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Mae in ME - We have laws here too that make it illegal to smoke anything in public areas. I guess some people just don't think the law applies to them. I'm an ex cigarette smoker, so tobacco doesn't bother me, but pot is another story. Can't stand the smell of it.

Congratulations Leigh on the continued weight loss. Way to go!

Stay strong Allie. Thinking about you and offering prayers and hugs.

Aw Lenora. Thank you for sharing your story about your youngest son and daughter n law. Brought tears to my eyes. It is so similar to my daughter and soon to be son in law. They both have children from previous relationships. They both love to fish and hunt. Instead of asking me for permission to marry my daughter, Travis took her children out one evening, and told them he wanted to marry their mom so they could all be one family. He discussed everything with them (they are 10 and 12) and they were so tickled about the whole idea. Made me feel pretty good that he cared enough to involve them. My daughter has been through some really rough times with her ex. Just warms my heart that Travis is so good to her and the kids. I can't help but love him too. He is also a "hopeless romantic" - he sent her 13 red roses to her work on Valentine's Day because a dozen wouldn't be special.

I've been logging my food every day (hit the big 50 days today) and have managed to keep calories at or under most days, but have only lost 1/2 lb in the last two weeks. I know I just have to keep at it and things will change, and I am feeling truly blessed that I have you ladies for the inspiration and motivation. Thank you all.

Hugs to everyone.
    Paula Y.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Becca, sent you a friend request. Your picture was the 1st one! You are number 1.

To all you grandmas of the new babies, I can imagine you can't stop smiling!!!!!

I think our cold streak is ending but we will have rain for awhile.

One of the chocolates our dog ate was the turtles. My Mom, like many older widows, was on a very limited budget but always enjoyed putting a special treat in everyone's Christmas stocking. We have a Libs candy factory here in town and for Mom the turtles were expensive. She didn't want to let anyone know she had them but she didn't drive so she asked my Michelle to go buy them for her. So Michelle did and hid them. well Buddy smelled chocolate and went snooping and found it, tore the package up and ate everyone of them, caramel, pecans and chocolate. Poor Michelle, she just couldn't tell Mom what happened so she bought a whole new box out of her meager salary and hid them up in her closet instead of a drawer. Yes, he got them out of a drawer. Those star bright mints or whatever they are called???? You know the mints that are white hard candy that have the mint wave through them. We had a sealed bag, he opened that and carefully opened up every single mint and ate them. Oh he had a sweet tooth. Needed to go to OA!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Karen: She's lovely. :heart:

Heather: Your garden is far ahead of mine. Sorry to hear about the plumbing issues but glad they could be fixed. :ohwell:

Yvonne: I hadn't thought of Flip Wilson in a long time. Thanks. :bigsmile:

Janet okc: I have a dear friend with macular degeneration. She first had symptoms in high school and had already worked with several guide dogs when I first met her. She is amazing and adventurous. You can tell I really admire her. I hope your situation remains stable & the vitamins are effective. :heart:

Joyce: As I understand it, some dogs are allergic to chocolate and others are not. Those that are allergic can have really terrible, life threatening consequences. We don't risk giving chocolate to our dog because we don't know whether he is allergic or not. :noway:

Karen: One scarf is deep read with white trim and the other is bright yellow with red trim. They're bright colors and I hope the grandkids like them. :smiley:

Patceoh: Nice to see you again! DH & I each have a recumbent trike. They're Terra Trikes and we love them. We've had ours for several years. We bought them when DH's MS made him unable to balance on a two-wheel bike. They are pricey but very good quality and we've had no problems with them at all. DH got a new one and I bought a demonstrator at the end of the season. :flowerforyou:

I went to the stable today and had an amazing time. I lunged Arrow. I also groomed, saddled & bridled him all on my own, and rode him in the arena for a good long while. It was just Arrow and me in the arena. Then I put the tack away and put him away in his stall. This was a big day for me. I feel like a real grown up. :star: I've mentioned that competence is important to me, and today I felt competent. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Hey cool with the DD that hasn't used shampoo for over 2 years! Oregon has really great water, not hard water, so I can rinse with just the water and it does the trick. It takes longer to dry my hair though, gotta plan better!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Woohoo I will accept it!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member

Hi Gals,

I’m back… thanks for the messages Carol-Peach and Heather… Life here is stressful, and full I have not been able to add in visiting but have logged, and thought of you all.

I read the last 3 pages.. so know I have missed a bunch, but did see a pic of Olivia that looked amazing!

A bit of what is going on – its depressing, and some may take it political – I am sorry, just skip it if I’m out of line….

Work: embroidery is slow so I have added some more gardening in, which is helping me pay the bills, but my body is really tired all the time – 3-4 hours 7 days a week…. The electric company raised the rates by 21% and the natural gas company (cooking, hot water, heat) by 11% last month… crappy timing.

Brother: he’s getting chemo – and has refused to share anything about status, so mom assumes the worst – I had her visit to give her a break from my brother and she is worried and scared and as a result is a horrible guest…Said some things that were pretty horrible

Insurance – I have loved having health insurance, and am sad that it looks like I’ll lose it but I live in one of the areas of the country that insurance is the highest cost due to consolidation of hospitals, and at the current time based on where things stand my insurance will go up $500 a month and have a high deductible. My brother will also lose his health insurance which will be a big family nightmare.

Garden club – my garden club asked me to help find folks to run for officers and I have call 24 people to ask them to run for president and all have said no… I am so tired of folks saying no.

Then the icing on the cake, was I took myself out for a fancy coffee today and have been barfing ever since.. don’t plan on counting those calories..

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Kim - I'm so glad to see you post again, though very sorry to hear of the turmoil you are going through at this time. Hang in there, take care of you and know we are hear to listen, if nothing else. Big (((hugs))).

Janetr OKC
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Penny- What a terrible fright for you! Glad that all turned out well.

Kate - Enjoy Spain

Leigh - Thanks for sharing your happy news

Allie - Tom seems to want to keep you dangling. Don't give him any more power. I do get it though because every relationship is complicated and different. Larry and I have certainly had our ups and downs.

Lenora - I didn't know all those facts about the Statue of Liberty. Very interesting.

Michele - Did you find the perfect dress for the wedding?

Pip - That is a great photo of Floyd and Rocky. Rocky looks so wise

Karen in Virginia - Suffering from cuteness overload over here. Awwww.......Olivia.

Patceoh - I have had my recumbent trike for a few years. I love it! It gave me some of the freedom back that I lost when I had my accident. I have terrible balance, a bad back, back ankle , etc. It helped me with all of these things. I can't remember what I paid but definitely worth every penny.

Kim - Chemo is so devastating. Stress for your Mom must be overwhelming. I'm sorry that she was less than kind.

DS was late bringing Harmony. She brought 2 of her "babies". Pumpkin stayed home to look after the rest. She is so serious about all of her babies. Her Daddy lost his patience with her this morning. ( this rarely happens)
    He yelled at her and she told him "When you yell at me, I don't feel like part of the family" He is still feeling guilty this evening. He was greeted with a lot of hugs and kisses when he came to pick her up.

I split my time between Harmony and slogging away at our papers. DD came over after her Dr. appointment. I am happy to report that everything came back normal. She says she is feeling better. I think she was stressed and not getting enough sun. She is also back to working out and has dropped over 10 pounds.

We took Harmony and Keira to the Y play centre. It makes my heart happy to see them together. While at the Y we discovered that the Y would be taking over Phase two of the new ATB centre on our side of town. They are trying to raise 6 million dollars. A gentleman from Picture Butte is donating 3.75 million dollars. A couple of years ago this same man donated to the college for their Trade section so that our young men did not have to leave Lethbridge to get the training they needed for trades. It is always nice to hear good news.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2017
    the test told me i am an artist - of what i don't know!

Night all!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kim ugh. If I could, I would throw a big bath towel in the dryer and then drape it over your shoulders, give you something for nausea, and then make you a nice cup of tea to slowly sip on. Also a box of tissues in case you needed to cry a little. We love you. We value you. We know who you are.

Katla Sounds as if you had an AWESOME, validating day! Celebrating with you! The colors of the scarves sound vibrant and lovely.

ISFP Gloworm - "selfless, with a rare depth of caring for those close to them". Yep, that's you!

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member

Becky your self control on Pi-day was amazing. Strategy of having food planned was soooo smart. I will follow your lead.

Happy Friday <3

NYKAREN