So I have this MFP friend...

Options

Replies

• sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Clearly MFP is divided into two camps. The Right Side, and the Wrong side.

All you Wrongers are heathens.
    Well, some people like cilantro too. They're wrong, of course, but I don't rub it in their faces or try to convert them.

Now just wait a *&%$ minute! Who said you could bring cilantro into this? Cilantro isn't even here to defend itself! This is about grilled cheese. If you want to start making hateful statements about other DELICIOUS food items you can take your hate elsewhere, friend.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

ETA - My avatar makes this threat less intimidating. UNTIL YOU REALISE THAT IT IS A TIGER!!!

Yes, a rather sophisticated tiger who wears a wristwatch it would seem.

I am literally shaking...in...my...boots....

Mock not the tiger named Daniel. Heathen! He is an ally of King Friday!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

ETA - My avatar makes this threat less intimidating. UNTIL YOU REALISE THAT IT IS A TIGER!!!

He likes to know the correct time. The fact that he is punctual shouldn't make him any less frightening.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I put sweet pickles on my grilled cheese and have for ever. I see no issue with tomato on a grilled cheese.

Edit: I do take issue with my spelling. Errors fixed.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    My "grilled cheese"
    2 pieces sourdough
    some turkey
    some proscuittio
    1.5 pieces Muenster
    1.5 pieces smoked gouda
    2 pieces sharp cheddar
    half an avocado

It's hefty and fancy but it's better than anything you've put in your mouth.

That is just a grilled turkey sandwich with avocado and cheese.
    I'm inclined to agree with OP on this one. If you promised me a turkey sandwich and offered me this instead, I would kick you in the... well, no, I love smoked gouda, so I would be ok, but it still wouldn't be a turkey sandwich just because it has a little bit of turkey, any more than it's an avocado sandwich because it's got half an avocado (which is far from a little bit!).
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I put sweet pickles on my grilled cheese and have for ever. I see no issue with tomatoe on a grilled cheese.

UGH. Sweet pickles are an abomination in the eyes of the food gods. Of pickles, you shall only consume dill is the 13th commandment.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I only do raw tomato. It heats up nicely during the grilling process, just slice them thin. :)

For sure, that would definitely work.

Lots of fruit, like pear for example, goes well with cheese so I don't know why tomatoes seem so strange...
    No.

Looooool - you're missing out. Pear and gouda go well together and the cooking causes the sugars in the pear to caramelise a little...

2012-01-11_PearPanini.jpg
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

He likes to know the correct time. The fact that he is punctual shouldn't make him any less frightening.
    Yes, he will mess you up. Right on time.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I see a trend of hate in the world of food with this processed cheese product and processed boxed frozen toasts! and no other mentions of wine reductions! blasphemy!

where is the love?

Part of the beauty of a grilled cheese is its simplicity. Doing a wine reduction is overkill.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

I only do raw tomato. It heats up nicely during the grilling process, just slice them thin. :)

For sure, that would definitely work.

Lots of fruit, like pear for example, goes well with cheese so I don't know why tomatoes seem so strange...
    No.

Looooool - you're missing out. Pear and gouda go well together and the cooking causes the sugars in the pear to caramelise a little...

2012-01-11_PearPanini.jpg
    More for you then, and you might as well put some devil weed on it too, because fruit does not need cheese funkin' up the place!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I ain't skeered of no Wall Street Tiger...he'd be punctual for an *kitten* whooping.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I put sweet pickles on my grilled cheese and have for ever. I see no issue with tomatoe on a grilled cheese.

UGH. Sweet pickles are an abomination in the eyes of the food gods. Of pickles, you shall only consume dill is the 13th commandment.

Agreed.
  • Contrarian
    Options

Yes, he will mess you up. Right on time.

Maybe even EARLY. It's up to him.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    See, the trouble with tomato on a grilled sandwich is that it stays hot longer than the cheese, so you ALWAYS end up with a burnt tongue! :grumble:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

Excellent. More for me. I don't want one pickle! I want ALL pickles!

Yes, I see what I did there. I stand by my statement.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    We gotta WHOLLLLLE restaurant here dedicated to the art of the grilled cheese sandwich.

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I see a trend of hate in the world of food with this processed cheese product and processed boxed frozen toasts! and no other mentions of wine reductions! blasphemy!

where is the love?

Part of the beauty of a grilled cheese is its simplicity. Doing a wine reduction is overkill.

there is no such thing as overkill! there is normal bland food... and there is food worth eating! :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know about putting tomatoes ON the grilled cheese, but a side of tomato-basil soup is EXCELLENT!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Well, I don't know about putting tomatoes ON the grilled cheese, but a side of tomato-basil soup is EXCELLENT!
    You mean tomato-cat pee soup?
  • Contrarian
    Options

where is the love?

In for backpedalling. It seems the Icarus of grilled cheese has flown a little too close to the sun, and his cheese wings are melting. Now do you understand why we wanted a line drawn?