So I have this MFP friend...

Options

Replies

• operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i like grilled cheese made with mozzarella, dipped in marinara sauce... yum!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    go choke on your uppity 5-star crap.

No.

I will choke...with style.

tumblr_mgieev793z1qicb4bo1_500.gif

BORK BORK BORK!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It's YUMMAAAAY. Unless they're squishy. >_<
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Cheese and bread cooked in butter on a flat skillet = grilled cheese.

Everything else = panini

I, too, was at that meeting. It was decreed.

Don't argue.

THANK you. See? It is settled.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Tomato on a grilled cheese is unacceptable. Add tomato and a fresh basil leaf to it. You'll thank me later but your welcome now.

That is NOT a grilled cheese.

They used to say the world wasn't round

They used to say the mechanical car would never replace the horse

They used to say Joanie loved Chachi

They were wrong.
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    78GxP.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1367350094718

you guys are hysterical!!!!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Not stupid. If I liked Tomatoes, I would try it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    More for you then, and you might as well put some devil weed on it too, because fruit does not need cheese funkin' up the place!

I will take my cheese and grape grilled cheese sandwich:

Grilled_Fontina_Cheese_Grapes_Ciabatta_blog.jpg

and wish you a good day, madam.

Good day I say!

I'm fascinated.

My son likes grapes on his pizza. But NO tomato sauce.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    lol @ all the people trying to fancy up a grilled cheese by using french words and silly breads.

this is 'murica.

white bread, american cheese, butter.

This mentality is and was the start of the obesity issues world wide with highly processes products such as white bread, processed cheese product used as staple(key) ingredients and soda with refined sugars and HFCS its cheaper replacement due to subsidizing of american corn.

America owes all of its foods to other cultures and is very bland in comparison to the orgins just look at real cheeses vs most non-artisan american made cheeses which are almost all processed cheese product vs real cheese. and the US milk vs EU milks or small artisan-milks and the flavor/aroma the grass is very important in the cheese process not so much in the US.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Everything else = panini

Don't argue.

:flowerforyou:
    Although I don't disagree that other things on the grilled cheese can be very tasty, I have to agree with this. It's a Panini.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

No.

I will choke...with style.

tumblr_mgieev793z1qicb4bo1_500.gif

731f76dd05eee09c04f5b8365f13770c-top-gun-high-five.gif
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    lol @ all the people trying to fancy up a grilled cheese by using french words and silly breads.

this is 'murica.

This mentality is and was the start of the obesity issues world wide with highly processes products such as white bread, processed cheese product used as staple(key) ingredients and soda with refined sugars and HFCS its cheaper replacement due to subsidizing of american corn.

America owes all of its foods to other cultures and is very bland in comparison to the orgins just look at real cheeses vs most non-artisan american made cheeses which are almost all processed cheese product vs real cheese. and the US milk vs EU milks or small artisan-milks and the flavor/aroma the grass is very important in the cheese process not so much in the US.

disgraced.gif
  • NovemberJune
    Options

this is 'murica.

disgraced.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

731f76dd05eee09c04f5b8365f13770c-top-gun-high-five.gif

airwolf-o.gif
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    But. . .but. . .

When you put tomato on your grilled cheese, you're practically making a pizza! And everyone knows it's physically impossible to eat more than a single bite of pizza as part of a healthy diet.

Oh, wait. None of the above is actually true.

Grilled cheese and tomato? Yes, please.
  • NovemberJune
    Options

Everything else = panini

Don't argue.

:flowerforyou:
    Although I don't disagree that other things on the grilled cheese can be very tasty, I have to agree with this. It's a Panini.

I can agree with beachginger on this one too.....
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    2012-01-11_PearPanini.jpg

That looks heavenly!
  • Contrarian
    Options

this is 'murica.

bert-o.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

this is 'murica.

tumblr_mi15lbF5Ia1qgcra2o1_500.gif
  • Lutah7
    Lutah7 Posts: 45
    Options
    Sure, just call it a grilled cheese, why not just throw all the rules out the window.

friendlys-Grilled-Cheese-BurgerMelt.jpg

Cheese bread, side bowl of tomato soup. Just end it there.

You are evil