Has anyone become attractive after losing weight? If so then tell me..

Options

Replies

• CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband recently said, "I never was into skinny girls." Lol, good thing I am into being thinner. :smiley: It all depends on who is judging what is attractive.
  • akshaygunjal96
    akshaygunjal96 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I was busy this week so I couldn't reply to most of you. After reading the replies I have realized that many are not happy with my thread. I just wanted to motivate others to exercise. We all want to be attractive even if you say no. I don't judge someone on the basis of their looks. For me their character and inner beauty matters.
    And yeah someone correctly pointed that OP is from India! Hell yes I am Indian. If that same person has problem with my 'nationality' or my 'culture' then you really down to earth person.
  • akshaygunjal96
    Options
    lokihen wrote: »
    My impression was the OP is hoping for reassurance that he will become more attractive after losing weight.

LOL
  • akshaygunjal96
    Options
    RedBull46 wrote: »
    Motivating someone to exercise to lose weight in hopes of finally becoming attractive is absolutely heart breaking to me. Any person Before, during and after is attractive because of the reasons outside of their weight, because they are good, honest, loving human being who would give the shirt of their back for someone they care about. They are a person who can give love and accept someone else for who they are regardless of their size. They have a great personality and can make someones day simply by existing and the people who have had the pleasure of meeting these people are incredibly thankful to have them in their lives.
    I spent 29 years of my life being told i was a waste of life because i was fat.. i was not a waste of life, i was not ugly and i didn't become attractive after i lost weight, i was always attractive..

This thread really breaks my heart.
    Maybe i am over reacting, but i feel like there are betters ways to motivate.
    I really don't think he meant it that way.

Thnx. I really didn't mean that way
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yes, the honest truth is that not only do people look better within a healthy weight range, they feel better too, which is way more important. Losing the weight, sticking to a plan, giving this gift to yourself builds confidence and confidence is attractive on anyone.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    if what you mean is "wow there was a hottie under there" then yes lol
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Confidence!!!

The person probably feels better about themselves and accomplished after losing the weight, therefore having more confidence!

Also, what I think is attractive in men most women don't - so like others have said subjective, everyone have different opinions. *I think love handles on men are cute, someone who can make me laugh, someone who has a positive outlook......... and the most attractive thing about anyone to me is -- you are who you say you are (not just broken promises) :smiley:
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've always been attractive to MYSELF but now that I'm 90lbs lighter I get 90% more "attention" so I guess in other people's eyes I'm more attractive....soooo yeah?
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I was never terribly large, just a little on the hefty side but, when I was larger, I was often mistaken for a boy. My hair is as short as ever and I still don't wear make-up but I can't remember the last time someone thought I was a fella. I really haven't changed the way I dress either, still wear the manly shoes, same skinny jeans and same heavy metal t-shirts I have for years, so not sure what's up with that. Used to happen all the time, like weekly if not daily, but it's been months.

I think it's the PC culture. They might still think you're a "him" but it's extra-impolite nowadays to "assume someone's gender."

I got a boy's haircut in 5th grade. I guess the teasing could have been devastating, if I'd cared what other people think.
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    People were nicer to me after I lost the weight, like I was more approachable or something. I don't know. Some people said I just seemed happier and more happy, so who knows. I guess it's not just the physical change, it's the whole package that makes you more attractive.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was never terribly large, just a little on the hefty side but, when I was larger, I was often mistaken for a boy. My hair is as short as ever and I still don't wear make-up but I can't remember the last time someone thought I was a fella. I really haven't changed the way I dress either, still wear the manly shoes, same skinny jeans and same heavy metal t-shirts I have for years, so not sure what's up with that. Used to happen all the time, like weekly if not daily, but it's been months.

I think it's the PC culture. They might still think you're a "him" but it's extra-impolite nowadays to "assume someone's gender."

I got a boy's haircut in 5th grade. I guess the teasing could have been devastating, if I'd cared what other people think.

I think @born_of_fire74 had a similar experience to me. I assume I faced less sexism when I was obese because I was viewed as more butch. I agree people are more sensitive now to assuming gender (I lost the bulk of my weight in 2006), however, I still get called a "him". I got called a him on mfp today, in fact!

As an aside, I went bungee jumping in New Zealand when I weighed 220 pounds. Because weight is important in bungee jumping, our weights were written in black pen on our arms and we were put in a line by weight for jumping order. I was heavier than the dozens of men jumping that day. I'm still kinda proud of that experience, in the sense that I think a lot of women wouldn't have tolerated that.
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm actually much more heinous looking but at least I don't fart anymore.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Attraction is so subjective. There are people who like people who are big. So if those people lost weight, they would be unattractive to those people.
    Attraction isn't just about how you look. There's a lot more involved. Lol, people with money get a lot of attraction regardless of how they look. So do famous people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Even though this is the case, there's certain things that are considered attractive almost universally because of biological conditioning to find a healthy child bearing mate. for example:

teeth: are they yellow? rotting? missing?
    skin: pallor or sickly complexion? acne? rashes or injuries?
    eyes: red? pink? half lidded? dull?
    Indicators of illness: coughing? wheezing? Immobility? Fatigue and weakness? Poor posture? Poor mental clarity?

Essentially, most people have a general idea of what we consider "healthy" outwardly and judge this in the first 1/2 second of laying eyes upon someone REGARDLESS of our preferred "traits" and what consider attractive. Bright eyes, skin, healthy hair, energy, sharp mental clarity, etc. go a LONG way!
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    jodi2672 wrote: »
    r5wr wrote: »
    Attraction is subjective. I personally feel a little more attractive but I have low self esteeme. Here's my before a during face comparison though.

bh434l3m93o4.jpg

SW: 245
    CW: 165
    GW: 120
    Height: 5'5

You were cute before you even lost weight

Thank you!
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    You are absolutely adorable in all the pics!
    r5wr wrote: »
    bh434l3m93o4.jpg

Awe thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!