Looking for friends...75lb+ to lose

Options

Replies

• Fletcher2505
    Fletcher2505 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I have 60 to loose and also a thyroid disease . I understand the struggle
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I started this weight loss journey I had 100 lbs that I wanted to lose. It has been 6 weeks and I have lost 24 pounds so far. Starting weight 256, current weight 232. I have a goal to be below 230 by the end of March and down to 175 by September of this year. Tracking my food intake has been a huge help in my success so far. Love the forums and reading everyone's journey.
  • goblue1980
    goblue1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Jamie. I quit running last May because of schedule changes and lack of motivation I suppose as well. I am now out of shape and looking at 50 pounds that I need to lose. I've used MFP off and on in the past but I never got involved in the community. I'm hoping that interacting with others will help motivate me. So I would love it if others would add me please
  • currybowl
    currybowl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 80... 21lbs down... add me too
  • hilhilbean
    hilhilbean Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    75 down in 10 months ...25 to go in the next two months.

Goodness! Grats on the loss so far!! You're practically there!
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    Like you, I've been a user for a while but I yo-yo when I stop paying attention.
    Feel free to add me. I've only got about 24lbs to lose but I just can't get it off.

I think that's something I'm dreading...when I get down to only needing 20 or so pounds and how much harder that last bit is going to be! This is definitely the easy part haha!

Adding you! :)
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    netwatcher wrote: »
    Keep pushing! I went from 320 to 270. Stayed there fer a year (lack of effort) then recently down to 250. With a goal of getting to 200. What i learned is when you need to stop losing fer a bit. Go on maintenance, dont gain it back. But give it a predetermined length if a break. And just maintain till yer ready to proceed.when losing a lot. The occasional break can make it easier.

I think a big thing for me is that I am not going to kick myself for enjoying a nice meal without worrying about calories and macros and blah blah blah every now and then. One meal is not going to make or break me (unless I let that one meal turn into three years lol).
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. If you have tips on stopping soda and sugary drinks, I welcome your input. I've stopped cold turkey for 3 months before, but started back up again last year. Had a hysterectomy last November and put on weight. I've always done the yo yo diet. I just need to realize I'm worth it to feel better about myself and I'll get there, just need support and encouragement. Thank you

I actually stopped drinking all soda for Lent one year. This year marks ten years since I've had any soda at all. I'd tried to quit a few other times and it never lasted. At this point, I'm pretty sure if I had a coke I'd get sick. ;)

I drink a LOT of water. I'll have a lemonade or a tea every now and then (maybe five times a year? lol). For me, it was just knowing how bad soda is for you and not wanting it anymore.

Water. Water is definitely the key! :)
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    rfrieman wrote: »
    When I started this weight loss journey I had 100 lbs that I wanted to lose. It has been 6 weeks and I have lost 24 pounds so far. Starting weight 256, current weight 232. I have a goal to be below 230 by the end of March and down to 175 by September of this year. Tracking my food intake has been a huge help in my success so far. Love the forums and reading everyone's journey.

You are definitely going to make that March goal!! You're so close!
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    goblue1980 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. My name is Jamie. I quit running last May because of schedule changes and lack of motivation I suppose as well. I am now out of shape and looking at 50 pounds that I need to lose. I've used MFP off and on in the past but I never got involved in the community. I'm hoping that interacting with others will help motivate me. So I would love it if others would add me please

Just the friends I've added in the past few days has helped with motivation - it's just a nice reminder that you're not alone! :)
  • Patsfan802
    Patsfan802 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends. I'm down forty pounds got 50-60 to go. Let's do it together.
  • spookamuffin
    spookamuffin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ohla!

I'm working on losing 100 + pounds so I'd love to find friends that also have a good bit to lose.

Add me! =]
  • Naboo325
    Naboo325 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey there, feel free to add me, i'm on everyday and love having a community of friends to see their posts and I can vent too when need be. My goal is to lose 160 lb and I've lost 116 lbs so far, 44 more to go! Started Feb last year. We got this! :)
  • alygeo
    alygeo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This looks like the perfect group for me! Goal is 60 lbs for now...just started and lost 8 in 2 weeks but like all of you not my first rodeo so know the challenges ahead and would love a group for motivational support! Add me!
  • jrbeaner2421
    jrbeaner2421 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Prefect group for me, I need to lose at least 80lbs by tomorrow... Lol
    I have a long road ahead of me, so if you will be kind and add me.
  • shancnj
    shancnj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Hilary and all other posters! It's so helpful to know I'm not alone. Weight loss has definitely been a struggle for me too. Over the past 7 years I've lost 114 lbs total (no surgery just nutribullet juicing and counting calories). I went on a cruise late 2015, came back 10lbs heavier and have been gaining since. I'm so mad at myself that I was 25 lbs close to my goal weight and let it slip away! Now I have 50 lbs to lose and although it's a lot, I know it can be done with some of the methods I used before. Let's support each other!
  • llm161
    llm161 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe if we chat enough, we'll all be able lose our goals. I can't lose anything. I've been going grain-free for a month now with a maximum of 1200 calories. I'm keeping track on mfp because it's easy. It works everthing out for me. My problem is medication . ... and the fact that I have arthritis in both feet. Sure, add me as a friend, It would be great to have a buddy. . . . . . .
  • Stacey3479
    Stacey3479 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Relatively new to MFP. I've lost about 15 lbs since Christmas, hoping to lose around 70 more. PCOS and being in my 30's with a desk job aren't making it easy! Feel free to add me. :)
  • Avalon0014
    Avalon0014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 18 so far! I have 30 to lose and could definitely use some positive support and friends on the journey!