Looking for friends...75lb+ to lose

Options

Replies

• hilhilbean
    hilhilbean Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    GLady1980 wrote: »
    Hello, Congrats on the great work so far!!! I am 4'11" and aprox 165lbs which is quite high for my size would like to lose 40-50lbs please feel free to add me :)

I'm 5'1"...I can definitely understand where you're coming from!

Adding you! :)
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    Add me! I've lost about 90lb in the last year. I'll help in anyway I can!!

That's awesome! Congrats on such a great loss!

• EllieBellie79
    EllieBellie79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Friends do make all of the difference, accountability does help. So far this year I have lost about 23 lbs and I have about 86 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. Always wanting to help others in any way that I can, because it helps me as well.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    PinUp2014 wrote: »
    I have *so many* pounds to lose. This isn't my first round on MFP, I've been lurking for 4 years and before that, I successfully lost 40-50 pounds. Which came back with interest. Lets do it!

Been there jeez. I had lost 20kg and was doing pretty well (a goal of 30kilograms or 66lbs total, heaviest 90kg) and then I stopped exercising and focused on getting my second novel done... Well over time 15 came back, 5 of which straight after gym which are dropping off because of retention/water weight. I don't like using that term because it can easily be an excuse where what you're really doing is eating candy or something.
    Anyway I'm up for being anyones friend! Message me, bug me, swap recipes, discuss anime, I'm up for whatever.
  • ChefAlexis
    ChefAlexis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you weight loss so far! I'm looking to drop between 70-85lbs and to keep it off!! That is my main struggle, I'm confident that we can all get through it. To be completely honest fitnesspal keeps me more realistic of every bite that I take.
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    Friends do make all of the difference, accountability does help. So far this year I have lost about 23 lbs and I have about 86 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. Always wanting to help others in any way that I can, because it helps me as well.

It does help! I feel like it keeps me more accountable.

• hilhilbean
    Options
    PinUp2014 wrote: »
    I have *so many* pounds to lose. This isn't my first round on MFP, I've been lurking for 4 years and before that, I successfully lost 40-50 pounds. Which came back with interest. Lets do it!

Been there jeez. I had lost 20kg and was doing pretty well (a goal of 30kilograms or 66lbs total, heaviest 90kg) and then I stopped exercising and focused on getting my second novel done... Well over time 15 came back, 5 of which straight after gym which are dropping off because of retention/water weight. I don't like using that term because it can easily be an excuse where what you're really doing is eating candy or something.
    Anyway I'm up for being anyones friend! Message me, bug me, swap recipes, discuss anime, I'm up for whatever.

I know very few people who have ridden on the weight loss merry-go-round just once. Or is a roller coaster? lol

• hilhilbean
    Options
    ChefAlexis wrote: »
    Congrats on you weight loss so far! I'm looking to drop between 70-85lbs and to keep it off!! That is my main struggle, I'm confident that we can all get through it. To be completely honest fitnesspal keeps me more realistic of every bite that I take.

Knowing when you eat something you have to then go and log it makes you a lot more aware of what you're putting in your mouth. It's helped me tons!!
  • jillcx3
    jillcx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hilhilbean wrote: »
    Hello!

I've been using MFP for years but have never done anything in the community area or tried to find friends here for more motivation. Maybe that's my missing key? =D

I'm working on losing 110 pounds (18 down so far!) so I'd love to find friends that also have a good bit to lose.

Add me! :)

-Hilary

Hi... I'm Jill. Im currently 230, I'd love to get to 160. Reality is... 200. I yearn to be healthy.... MFT has helped me A LOT.... Tracking my meals made me realise all the crap I eat!! Hoping this community will help me....
  • SaraCullen1983
    SaraCullen1983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I have just joined and have over 100lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me x
  • carolynk358
    carolynk358 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. Short term goal is to lose the extra I've gained since my last go around, which is about 40 lbs. Then my goal is to lose the 40 I had as short term goal then. How sad is that! Then I'll look to a healthy long term goal, but it's too overwhelming at this point. Please add me.
  • AurorabelI
    AurorabelI Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm new here too and looking to loose 152 pounds. You can add me if you like. I plan to be very active on this site
  • nurseangelamomof5boys
    Options
    Add me if u like down 15 lbs so far 50 to lose
    I log in daily ☺
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    jillcx3 wrote: »
    hilhilbean wrote: »
    Hello!

I've been using MFP for years but have never done anything in the community area or tried to find friends here for more motivation. Maybe that's my missing key? =D

I'm working on losing 110 pounds (18 down so far!) so I'd love to find friends that also have a good bit to lose.

Add me! :)

-Hilary

Hi... I'm Jill. Im currently 230, I'd love to get to 160. Reality is... 200. I yearn to be healthy.... MFT has helped me A LOT.... Tracking my meals made me realise all the crap I eat!! Hoping this community will help me....

Hello, Jill! I totally hear you - small goals are helping me a lot. I broke up what I needed to lose into ten pound goals and it's really helping my mindset. It's so much less overwhelming!!

• hilhilbean
    Options
    Hi :) I have just joined and have over 100lbs to lose. Please feel free to add me x
    Hi, I'm new here. Short term goal is to lose the extra I've gained since my last go around, which is about 40 lbs. Then my goal is to lose the 40 I had as short term goal then. How sad is that! Then I'll look to a healthy long term goal, but it's too overwhelming at this point. Please add me.

I'm losing weight I've already lost twice. I do NOT want to do this again, that's for sure!
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    Hi- I'm new here too and looking to loose 152 pounds. You can add me if you like. I plan to be very active on this site

Being active here has really helped to keep me motivated and accountable!
  • HavLuv
    HavLuv Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only been using MFP for a few months now and I love it. I also have not really explored the community. I lost 125 lbs on WW and was within 20 lbs of my goal. I joined in 2008 and lost quite a bit right away, had ups and downs because of my own doing (letting life be an excuse), but was doing OK until about a year and a half ago when I let myself think I could do it without going to meetings or logging my foods (wrong). I managed to put on about 70 lbs after quitting, so now I'm working to get those off plus my final 20 to reach my goal. I've already lost 27 with MFP. I needed something new and this was it! Feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • llamar69
    llamar69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have about another 100 to go but not sure if that's even possible! I'm down 40 so far.
  • hilhilbean
    Options
    HavLuv wrote: »
    Hi! I've only been using MFP for a few months now and I love it. I also have not really explored the community. I lost 125 lbs on WW and was within 20 lbs of my goal. I joined in 2008 and lost quite a bit right away, had ups and downs because of my own doing (letting life be an excuse), but was doing OK until about a year and a half ago when I let myself think I could do it without going to meetings or logging my foods (wrong). I managed to put on about 70 lbs after quitting, so now I'm working to get those off plus my final 20 to reach my goal. I've already lost 27 with MFP. I needed something new and this was it! Feel free to add me if you like. :smile:

You totally got this! :)

• hilhilbean
    Options
    llamar69 wrote: »
    I have about another 100 to go but not sure if that's even possible! I'm down 40 so far.

Of course it's possible - especially with a start like that! :)