Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• chiantiOwl
    chiantiOwl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    slomeli001 wrote: »
    As far as making you lose weight, I think it helps the process a little. I found that for me it helps me metabolize better, I feel like I'm actually getting energy from the food I eat. I have lost 8 lbs since I started it in late December, but I also work out 5-6 days a week. I still eat processed food from time to time, but I mostly stick to whole foods that aren't too overly processed. It's all about what you put in your body, there's not miracle cure. I also found that if I want to eat junk food, I just work out harder and there's no set backs. :) My secret is mostly clean food, interval training, and not starving or stuffing myself.

Now what AVC can do is help facilitate a thermogenic body. If you put a fat (like coconut butter) in a glass with warm vinegar you'll see it emulsify (break it down) Oh and obviously human fat isn't as easy to break down as coconut fat so don't get too confident that it's all you need. As far as getting rid of FAT it, your body has to do that effort.

I drink my AVC with hot tea in the morning
    I sprinkle some fresh cinnamon and squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice. Little bit of raw honey too.
    This drink replaced my coffee/energy drinks.

Also! Make sure the AVC has "THE MOTHER" the good raw stuff :).

Again, your diet and exercise is really the deal breaker, not this drink. It just helps a bit.

What the actual. How do you suppose the ACV gets through your (acidic) digestive system to the fat cells in order to actual melt stored human body fat. It isn't sloshing around in your throat like coconut oil in a glass. A little logic and critical thinking!

That said, this does display that vinegar can be a darned good cheap cleaner for the kitchen.

My mistake I failed to mention that vinegar in your body changes to more basic than acidic. Anyway, it doesn't break down fat, but it aids in digestion somewhat by providing probiotics. Adding a bit of vinegar in your food can aid in absorption of nutrients and when you have good absorption your body can metabolize energy that much better. Placebo or not, got me off my dangerous energy drink habit. :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...Placebo or not, got me off my dangerous energy drink habit. :)

At least there's that.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is the most disgusting stuff ever, I tried it and almost vomited. That acid will tear the enamel up on your teeth, the lining of your throat and stomach. There is no magic remedy.....exercise, calorie deficit and monitor what you eat! That's it and trust the process! Slow and steady wins the race! Don't make this harder than it has to be!
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I drink it before I go to sleep and it worked for me in a way to "stop being hungry"
    Maybe it's all in my head but I kinda like it. Also I pour a shitton of it in noodle soups cuz it makes it taste more "salty" for me anyway. Other than that I dunno.
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I don't claim it helps with weightloss (but I believed it way before when I was younger) but it supstitutes salt for me which is awesome.( I have tendency to crave salty foods more than sweet stuff)
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I do indeed.

However the image above is the lazy way, i just make the sauce and cook chicken in it, however the recipe has some more steps you can do before the sauce, both ways are great, my way is less calories since i don't batter the chicken and fry it in a pan first but i have tried it both ways :)

http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/23/firecracker-chicken/

I'm not much into fried foods so I would bake it in the sauce alone But I have a question. I've never heard of "buffalo" sauce. What is that and where does one find it?

Thanks for the link, BTW.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Franks Red Hot, or Baby Ray makes a version for buffalo sauce. You can google recipes for making your own buffalo sauce! It's a vingegar and cayenne sauce commonly used on wings, but other stuff as you can see. :smiley:
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    As far as making you lose weight, I think it helps the process a little. I found that for me it helps me metabolize better, I feel like I'm actually getting energy from the food I eat. I have lost 8 lbs since I started it in late December, but I also work out 5-6 days a week. I still eat processed food from time to time, but I mostly stick to whole foods that aren't too overly processed. It's all about what you put in your body, there's not miracle cure. I also found that if I want to eat junk food, I just work out harder and there's no set backs. :) My secret is mostly clean food, interval training, and not starving or stuffing myself.

Now what AVC can do is help facilitate a thermogenic body. If you put a fat (like coconut butter) in a glass with warm vinegar you'll see it emulsify (break it down) Oh and obviously human fat isn't as easy to break down as coconut fat so don't get too confident that it's all you need. As far as getting rid of FAT it, your body has to do that effort.

I drink my AVC with hot tea in the morning
    I sprinkle some fresh cinnamon and squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice. Little bit of raw honey too.
    This drink replaced my coffee/energy drinks.

Also! Make sure the AVC has "THE MOTHER" the good raw stuff :).

Again, your diet and exercise is really the deal breaker, not this drink. It just helps a bit.

How, what, I mean....

Fat in a jar. Metabolise better.

We're doomed. Doomed.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Franks Red Hot, or Baby Ray makes a version for buffalo sauce. You can google recipes for making your own buffalo sauce! It's a vingegar and cayenne sauce commonly used on wings, but other stuff as you can see. :smiley:

Thanks! I'm not into spicey but I love vinegar so I'll check out a recipe online and adjust it for us. I'm always excited to try new stuff. I get bored with the same 'ol, same 'ol.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears he dropped his cholesterol with 2 teaspoons vinegar a day in a glass of water. I tried it and it made me cough. I like lemon water.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf900470c
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19661687
    http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/30/11/2814.full

A quick search yielded these potential benefits of ACV: Suppression of fat accumulation; lowering of weight, visceral fat, and triglycerides; moderation of serum glucose levels. I'm not saying it 100% does anything since these are all 2007-2009, but I'd be curious to see more recent research.
  • tiamariakc
    tiamariakc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1 T. ACV, juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, just enough natural sweetener to make it palatable, ground or freshly juiced ginger - depends on your tolerance for ginger, 6-8 oz. warm water.

Only Braggs or similar truly raw organic "wtih the mother" ACV. Down it firs thing in the AM gives you a water jump start to wake up your organs. Follow with some plain water to avoid the enamel effect.

Scientific review:

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/apple-cider-vinegar-help-weight-loss/
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    tiamariakc wrote: »
    1 T. ACV, juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, just enough natural sweetener to make it palatable, ground or freshly juiced ginger - depends on your tolerance for ginger, 6-8 oz. warm water.

Only Braggs or similar truly raw organic "wtih the mother" ACV. Down it firs thing in the AM gives you a water jump start to wake up your organs. Follow with some plain water to avoid the enamel effect.

Scientific review:

Oh boy. Your organs don't need waking up, they're like New York, awake 24/7.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    tiamariakc wrote: »

Scientific review:

Huh. Didn't know mine ever slept.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,962 Member
    Options
    I drink it before I go to sleep and it worked for me in a way to "stop being hungry"
    Maybe it's all in my head but I kinda like it. Also I pour a shitton of it in noodle soups cuz it makes it taste more "salty" for me anyway. Other than that I dunno.

I think I get the same pre-bed effect from using mouthwash.
  • kshama2001
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I do indeed.

However the image above is the lazy way, i just make the sauce and cook chicken in it, however the recipe has some more steps you can do before the sauce, both ways are great, my way is less calories since i don't batter the chicken and fry it in a pan first but i have tried it both ways :)

http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/23/firecracker-chicken/

@Look_Its_Kriss - for "buffalo sauce" do you just use something like Frank's Red Hot Original, or start with Frank's and add butter like here: https://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-wings-RE1303-1
    Hmm, that may have answered my question - looks like FRANK'S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wings Sauce has the butter in it already.

When you don't fry the chicken first, how long do you cook it for and at what temperature?
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I just use their already made buffalo wing sauce :)

And i just cut the chicken into cubes and make enough sauce that its like a hot tub and cook it at 350 until its tender, the sauce is usually bubbly and the sugar will have melted making the sauce taste tons better hot then it would if you tried it cold... (yes, i tried it cold LOL)

I have also been known to just buy rotisserie chickens and use shredded chicken and then just put it in the sauce and only cook it long enough to get the sauce bubbly.

Buffalo wing sauce hot tub, LMAO!

Thanks for the tip about it being much better hot than cold :smile: