Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
12346»

Replies

• BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Funny I saw this topic today when yesterday I bought apple cider vinegar! :) Not for weight loss, though, but because I saw a sweet & sour chicken recipe that used it. Sounds similar to the recipe people are talking about here. Can't wait to try it!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Lol... the comment above about waking up your organs reminded me of my mom so much..

I remember one time i was eating something before going to bed and she told me how bad it was and i said "I have the calories for it's not going to do anything" and she said "Well at least if you are awake after eating your brain is still active"... and the blankest stare just went across my face as i just turned and walked away lol (My apartment building burned down, i was living with her until i moved LOL) -- i guess she actually believes that your brain just shuts right off when you sleep.

Of course this is the same woman mind you that i was on the phone with one time and while i forget what the beginning conversation was, she also said that it's a complete mystery why we need to poop, no one knows why, it just happens.. After i explained how digestion worked, she was in disbelief, asked me if i was reading that on the internet, i told her no, they teach this on the magic school bus to small kids lol

Always something new to learn they say :)

Reminding me of a certain aunt i have ;D
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,962 Member
    Options
    Funny I saw this topic today when yesterday I bought apple cider vinegar! :) Not for weight loss, though, but because I saw a sweet & sour chicken recipe that used it. Sounds similar to the recipe people are talking about here. Can't wait to try it!

The Sweet & Sour Pork recipe in my Joy of Cooking calls for 1/2 C of ACV and tastes just like what I've eaten in restaurants. (It has a lot of sugar to balance all that vinegar.)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Lol... the comment above about waking up your organs reminded me of my mom so much..

I remember one time i was eating something before going to bed and she told me how bad it was and i said "I have the calories for it's not going to do anything" and she said "Well at least if you are awake after eating your brain is still active"... and the blankest stare just went across my face as i just turned and walked away lol (My apartment building burned down, i was living with her until i moved LOL) -- i guess she actually believes that your brain just shuts right off when you sleep.

Of course this is the same woman mind you that i was on the phone with one time and while i forget what the beginning conversation was, she also said that it's a complete mystery why we need to poop, no one knows why, it just happens.. After i explained how digestion worked, she was in disbelief, asked me if i was reading that on the internet, i told her no, they teach this on the magic school bus to small kids lol

Always something new to learn they say :)

Reminding me of a certain aunt i have ;D

Ahahahaha... Yup, pretty much that... its just stuff that comes out of the mouth almost like word vomit in an attempt to prove a point or give advice to something you really don't know much about. Thats basically my mother to a T. The sad part about it all is, you can't correct my mother for the most part, she gets very offended and accuses you of trying to make her look stupid. In fact that was basically how our last conversation went, She said she hated talking to me.. so i removed the issue and that wassss... 3? 4 years ago? I wonder how shes feeling about that these days lol

you're aunt is very lucky to have you, i am not enough of a people person LOL

No shes lucky i need her rides to see grampa or id of snapped ages ago :D
  • MrRex_91
    MrRex_91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    justkc wrote: »
    You don't lose weight with it. There are some claims of other health benefits, but it's hard to know what's real and what's placebo. Any weight loss effect is definitely placebo, though.

Oh ok. Glad I don't need to drink it. I was wondering how people down it.

We use it in place of other vinegars while cooking and to make our own salad dressing. It doesn't assist in weight loss but a doctor did suggest it to me as a means to cut back on sugar cravings and acid reflux.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I do indeed.

However the image above is the lazy way, i just make the sauce and cook chicken in it, however the recipe has some more steps you can do before the sauce, both ways are great, my way is less calories since i don't batter the chicken and fry it in a pan first but i have tried it both ways :)

http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/23/firecracker-chicken/

@Look_Its_Kriss - for "buffalo sauce" do you just use something like Frank's Red Hot Original, or start with Frank's and add butter like here: https://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-wings-RE1303-1
    Hmm, that may have answered my question - looks like FRANK'S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wings Sauce has the butter in it already.

Yep- I was laughing when I saw that in the store.. they must have come out with it recently.