Does cardio eat away muscle? Is it diet? Is it cardio? Is it GENES?

Options

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    My good man, I am 7 inches shorter than you, female, weigh 136lbs and do a mere 4-6 hours of cardiovascular stuff a week plus half- Kitten press-ups and such each day. Unless the kitten stands on me, in which case they're full press-ups. I think we can assume you're a lot more muscular than me, yeah?

And I am continuing to lose weight when I stay between 1500 and 2000 calories!

Then your genetics are totally different than Mine, we don't digest food and absorb nutrients the same way, if I stepped it up to 2000 kcal daily I will look like a marshmallow, soft and that's uncomfortable for me. My metabolism is really slow trust me.
    Bro, it's not her genetics. At your height and weight you're likely not more than 135lbs of lean mass. And that's not a lot. So her lean mass for her height versus your lean mass versus height is likely more per sq. inch.
    Also there is a thing called adaptive thermogenisis. Look it up and maybe you'll understand.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Oooo wow very interesting for an ACE certified trainer comparing and average Joe training and nutrition to a Olympic athelete.....
    (FACEPALM)
    Wait wait the what? Who's the Olympic athlete?

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I honestly can't tell if this is real.

Yeah, there have been so many posts this weekend that are on that concerning/troll borderline where the OP seems completely unreachable. Maybe the bb. com forums are down this weekend?
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Yeah, there have been so many posts this weekend that are on that concerning/troll borderline where the OP seems completely unreachable. Maybe the bb. com forums are down this weekend?
    I'm almost convinced that this is a wind-up, but I just have a niggling bit of worry that this is a human being posting from the heart about his misapprehensions.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Or they're bored with their life. The need to feel "special" is strong this week. :D

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Plenty. They make it fit their macros.

I'm sorry but if you are trying to get a ripped shredded look you won't be able to do that by fitting in a 400-600 calorie slice of pizza

Currently doing it. Couple of weeks ago I ate a whole pizza to myself. Followed by dessert. Tonight was hamburger and chips. With dessert.

Prepped in to bodybuilding shows using IIFYM, including "treats" in my diet. I'm definitely not special, or unusual.

When I see it I'll believe it[/quote]

I see it and i do believe it, with my son. He's 6" around 176lbs and the amount of food he puts away makes me all warm and fuzzy. There is not an ounce of pinchable fat on that boy, he is a solid wall of muscle. He eats a lot because he trains a lot, he needs that fuel (food) to sustain his training and physique.

I'm 5'8, female age 45 and wont go below 1600 calories to lose weight.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    how many ripped people have you seen that eat pizza and still look lean AF?

Umm LOTS. Like, most of them.

To answer your original question, to me it seems quite obvious that you are eating too little. Why are you eating so little???

It's March right now, coming into spring I will be cutting my cal to 1200-1000kcal daily I eat little because I weight 153lbs at 5'9 32yrsold belive me I ate 2500 -3000kcal daily exercising in my younger years I looked like a water buffalo. I eat clean foods no more powdered supps none of that crap

Just for a comparison. I am 4'11, weight 105 pounds and am a female. My TDEE for an inactive lifestyle is around 1400. You are male and considerably larger. There is no way you should be eating that little a day.
  • alexrosader
    alexrosader Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My good man, I am 7 inches shorter than you, female, weigh 136lbs and do a mere 4-6 hours of cardiovascular stuff a week plus half- Kitten press-ups and such each day. Unless the kitten stands on me, in which case they're full press-ups. I think we can assume you're a lot more muscular than me, yeah?

Then your genetics are totally different than Mine, we don't digest food and absorb nutrients the same way, if I stepped it up to 2000 kcal daily I will look like a marshmallow, soft and that's uncomfortable for me. My metabolism is really slow trust me.
    Bro, it's not her genetics. At your height and weight you're likely not more than 135lbs of lean mass. And that's not a lot. So her lean mass for her height versus your lean mass versus height is likely more per sq. inch.
    Also there is a thing called adaptive thermogenisis. Look it up and maybe you'll understand.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Oooo wow very interesting for an ACE certified trainer comparing and average Joe training and nutrition to a Olympic athelete.....
    (FACEPALM)
    Lol, skill sets are different from people to people. Losing weight and CICO, not so much. Physiology 101. You're not "special". I've heard this same sad *kitten* story from people just like you lots of times and the conclusion is usually the same....................a lack of understanding of how metabolism actually works.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

How did I say I was special if I referred to myself as an average or below average Joe with average or below average body type with average or below average fitness...where does the special part come in? I think that 150$ you payed for that cert that you slap on to your every response is making YOU FEEL SPECIAL

; )
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

(FACEPALM)
    Lol, skill sets are different from people to people. Losing weight and CICO, not so much. Physiology 101. You're not "special". I've heard this same sad *kitten* story from people just like you lots of times and the conclusion is usually the same....................a lack of understanding of how metabolism actually works.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

How did I say I was special if I referred to myself as an average or below average Joe with average or below average body type with average or below average fitness...where does the special part come in? I think that 150$ you payed for that cert that you slap on to your every response is making YOU FEEL SPECIAL

; )

You are "special" if you really put on weight/fat by eating a normal amount of calories.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread on the board! :smiley:
  • alexrosader
    alexrosader Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    This is the best thread on the board! :smiley:

You bet it is lolololol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member