Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options
Hello,

I'm 5'2(and a half) it counts!! Anyways I'm 22 years old and a mom to a beautiful little 2 years old and trying to become more healthy. I have never been "skinny" . I have always since i remember been "curvy" . Everyone always says "oh your so big boned" or "your so thick" "you'll never be skinny". I want to prove everyone wrong and become "fit" not "skinny" . my starting weight was 181. I finally am now down to 166. I gained 6 pounds in water weight yesterday, and lost 2 so im at 170 until this excess water weight will go down. Us short girls have so much of a harder time loosing weight than taller girls do.

If any of you fellow shorties would like to add me for motivation and support that would be great. I'm at day#50 and i would never want to go back.

:)<3 #shortgirlsdoitbetter

Replies

• melendy
    melendy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 5' on the dot and hit 140. I started my "diet" 10 days ago and go between 131 and 135. I'm not too far from where I want to be but we all have a place where we feel comfortable. I had a tummy tuck in November of 2015 (so just over a year now) and my weight was great and my stomach looked great and then I got married and BAM lol I cook all the time and if finally started catching up with me this last summer. I would love to lose 20-30 pounds. Any encouragement is welcome :) Good luck and positive energy to you all :smiley:
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    5'0 here. My starting weight was 130 and it's been a long and slow journey to get down to my goal weight of 105. Slowly but surely!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    melendy wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm 5' on the dot and hit 140. I started my "diet" 10 days ago and go between 131 and 135. I'm not too far from where I want to be but we all have a place where we feel comfortable. I had a tummy tuck in November of 2015 (so just over a year now) and my weight was great and my stomach looked great and then I got married and BAM lol I cook all the time and if finally started catching up with me this last summer. I would love to lose 20-30 pounds. Any encouragement is welcome :) Good luck and positive energy to you all :smiley:

I've heard that when you get married or are in a happy relationship you start to gain weight. Not simply because that reason btu you know that you have someone who loves you and so you don't work as hard to look "perfect" . It happens to everyone, myself included. I had a baby and lost 30 pounds, then I moved in with my boyfriend (who never gains a pound) and started cooking for him and started eating the food he eats. And he eats soul food since his family is from the south. So i was eating fried chicken, mac and cheese , collard greens , all the yummy stuff. I have never ate any of that kind of food before and it sure started showing. Went from 150 to my highest 181. When I saw that number on the scale , i freaked out! And then I became a vegetarian and then healthy "clean" eating. I eat mostly all non packaged items now.

• tasha12004
    Options
    Jeniccm wrote: »
    5'0 here. My starting weight was 130 and it's been a long and slow journey to get down to my goal weight of 105. Slowly but surely!

What have you done to loose the weight? And how long ago did you start your journey?
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Sent you a Friend Request / Feel free to add me :)

I'm 5'2" and started my journey about a year ago now. I was focused on a high-stress career for many years and that really affected my overall health. I made the hard choice to resign two years ago. First year was just recovery...my body was so out of whack! Then not too long into 2016 I started feeling better and really got focused. I was 180lbs at my heaviest... I dropped down to 145lbs just before winter 2016. Gained 7lbs back from holiday eating and winter weight, #noregrets ;) And now I'm back at it and picking up where I left off. My main goal is 135lbs.

What have you done in your journey to loose the weight? Please share :)
  • tasha12004
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »

What have you done to loose the weight? And how long ago did you start your journey?

I started February of last year. Got down to 112 last summer mostly by watching my calories - netting between 1000-1200 seems to be my sweet spot for losing.

Then I trained for a half marathon in October and my appetite increased massively, I got in the habit of eating more at night and "treating myself" so during that time (August-October) I just maintained. I struggled after my half marathon to get back on track but lost another 2lbs between November to January of this year

I then went to Cuba and spent a week literally eating all I could eat and continued that for a couple of weeks after I got back. It's hard to get back to proper portion sizes after weeks of overdoing it! My weight went from 110 to 115 in February and like all shorties it's a huge difference in my body.

I've been back on track since the start of the month and am back down to about 111lbs so a bit more to go. I have lower calorie days and higher ones but tend to net around 1100- 1200 for the week which is what I focus on.

Gaining that weight back (not water - including water my weight jumped to 117) was eye opening and is really helping me get back on track. It's only a few lbs but was really noticeable!

wow.. Yes a long journey but it looks like you have a good self control as well :)
  • tasha12004
    Options
    sbx2307 wrote: »
    Not sure if guys are welcome but I am short as well. Standing at 5'3 196. Now I am a stocky 196 but I just need help watching my eating at night.
    :(. I struggle with stress eating and looking for accountability folks to help me along. Any tips or if any would like to add me please do. I'm just so tired of losing this battle.

Of course guys are welcome. And feeling stocky for me is when i have to much hanging in my belly. LOL. what's your goals in your journey your pursuiing?