Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Tasha I was jump started with a 3 week fast I did with my church and kept building on that. I got a personal trainer, I walk in the park with my dog. I'm going to start hitting the gym. I also try to not eat heavy at night, especially since I work overnight. Downloading this app has helped a lot too!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of this year after going to my doctor for my annual in Dec and finding out I weighed 280, my highest adult weight. Always said I did not want to get to 300, but I was well on my way. I got the trainer because i needed the help and that would also serve as a form of accountability for me.
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    When did you start your journey?

I started for real on January 1st. I had been recording my calories for a while before that without doing much to change my regular habits.
  • Pale_Green
    Pale_Green Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    5'4 here....I am currently 169. as well have a muscular 'compact' build...I think that often comes with the height lol I am working towards being 145. And once I get there will see if I should go further. When I was younger I was 145 and very fit (figure skated most my life) and was a size 6 then.
    But since have had 2 kids...hormone issues (dang pill) and years have piled on so I have no idea what I will look like back at 145 lol
  • Pale_Green
    Options
    I'm not sure why you think that being short makes things more difficult. BMI tables are far kinder to short people than they are to the tall. Every pound that you lose makes more of an impact.

Like you said every pound lost makes a difference. Also, every pound gained makes a "huge" difference. 5 pounds on a shorter person is more noticable than someone on a taller framed body.

SO extremely true I have taller friends and they always look lean and the weight is placed so much better...shorter frame it tends to really show where the weight goes. ugh...its not harder or easier but for sure more noticable!
  • Pale_Green
    Options
    Love all the others who can relate to #shortproblems. What are your guys struggles with loosing weight? Mine is water weight. It makes me gain 3-4 pounds every few days ad drives me nuts.

Same! I can easily hold 9 lbs water!!! Nitrates of any kind seem to be a big trigger...I stay away from all nitrates.
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    5'5 started at 164 a year and a half ago, got down to 132 but have gained some weight back throughout the last 6 months. Between grad school and work it seems I keep putting my health aside. I'm currently 140. My first goal is to get down to 132 lbs again, but ultimately goal is to weigh between 115 and 120.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nitrates? hmmm what goes along with nitrates? I haven't heard anyone use that term before when discussing weight loss? I'm interested/
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have 12lbs to lose.
    I'm new and need some new friends for motivation.
    Please add me.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    To all the people sending me FR from this thread, i am sorry i do not add people just because we are both short.

I sent you a friend request because I see you on a lot of posts as well.
  • Zara_Pi
    edited March 2017
    Options
    To all the people sending me FR from this thread, i am sorry i do not add people just because we are both short.

What's your qualifying criteria? :D
  • Zara_Pi
    Options
    It's true, but the reason i don't really take on friend requests unless i've had a lot of good interaction with people is because last time i had a lot of random friends from here and there.. and i spent way too much time trying to give advice to people who only ended up listening to other peoples advice and the advice wasn't even good advice they were getting and i just didn't wanna see all that nonsense in my news feed anymore.. i can leave the forums and ignore all the anti sugar apple cider boards, but i have to view my news feed in order to access other areas of the app.

I was just teasing you. It's great you helping others.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi shorty ^_^
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! you got this! I'm also short 5'2 I started a 188 pounds, and now I'm done to 155 pounds. I still have a little bit to go, but I'm sure we will make the goal we desire.

Best of luck!

-C
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    5"1 here. For years I thought I was 5"3 and the. When I started my journey a year ago I found out i was 5"1. Lol oh well I guess I shrunk a little. Anyway I was the biggest I have ever been when I started 2/16/16 at 304. Today I am at 248 and still going strong. My first goal is to get to 170. Then re-evaluate. According to health experts I should weigh, based on height, 98-105. To me that is too small. I'm thinking more like 130-140. Anyway, this has been a lifestyle change for me so I can make sure to never get as big as I was when starting. I wish all you fellow shorties good luck and anyone is welcome to add me.
  • shery0812
    shery0812 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    haydiz70 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 1 1/2" and currently 140. I was 180 but got down to 127 a year ago. That weight likes to creep back on. I've realized I have to log my meals - probably from here on out. Us shorties just don't have much wiggle room. Feel free to add me. I'm happy to provide some encouragement and I need support too!

Heh. Same height, only im at a whopping 173. :/ currently conquering a big food addiction due to meds im on....i refuse to be a victim to medicated drugs or food anymore.
    My goal weight is 128, though ideally i'd love it if i could get down to 115. Lol. I need to start taking MFP and weight loss journey seriously.
  • jenirvin9
    jenirvin9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'3
    SW: 227 Dec 20th
    CW: 208
    GW: 130
    I never thought I'd have a weight problem when I was in my teens. I was a very active soccer player. That all changed when I tore my ACL. I had no idea about diet and exercise to stay thin. I spent my 20's and now most of my 30's overweight. I've lost almost 20#'s and still feel like I look and weigh the same as when I started so I'm kinda down and frustrated at the moment.
  • whitt125
    whitt125 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5'2 and a half here also. Any of you are welcome to add me. I just started my journey on March 1st, and I'm pumped and focused. This is the first time my lifestyle change has felt comfortable and permanent. Always wonderful adding supportive friends!

Shorties unite!