Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    sbx2307 wrote: »
    So my goal is to be 175-180lbs. I want to get back in soccer shape but my major goal is keep up with my two kids. I want to feel comfortable this summer :(. Sounds stupid I know. But I hate wearing a shirt to the pool. You know typical stuff. Is there anything you do at night if you have food cravings?

I usually grab some raw vegetables at night if I'm hungry. Hardly any calories, make you full fast and great fiber and viatamins :)
  • darklydisturbed
    darklydisturbed Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'5" here and been weight lifting for over year. back on MFP. Happy to friend for support.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    haydiz70 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 1 1/2" and currently 140. I was 180 but got down to 127 a year ago. That weight likes to creep back on. I've realized I have to log my meals - probably from here on out. Us shorties just don't have much wiggle room. Feel free to add me. I'm happy to provide some encouragement and I need support too!

How did you loose it , if you don't mind me asking?
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the shorty category at 5'2", my starting weight was 162 and I'm currently 136 pounds. My goal weight is 130 and then I'll start toning up! Feel free to add me, I sent you a request
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'. Started in the 230s (good God!) and now 120. My goal was 125, but am continuing to lose as I feel I should. I saw 118 a couple times but keep bouncing up. I think I should weigh 105ish. Will know when I get there.

How'd I do it? Like someone else said, I also net 1000-1200 calories. Any more than that and I stall. When you're little and close to goal, there is no wiggle room for error, so I am pretty strict now and weigh / measure everything so I am as accurate as I can be.

Don't listen to others when it comes to your weight. As others have said: 5 pounds on me is awful whereas it may be barely noticeable on someone several inches taller. I haven't looked at the BMI chart in a while, but the range seems bizarre to me. I think for my height it's 99-127 lbs is "normal." Nearly 30 lbs? Anyway, you have to stop losing when it's right to you.

I'm working on being stricter and not getting set back on weekends - do you mind me asking what your average loss is when you stay strict?
  • ImaginePeace81
    ImaginePeace81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'3 here! I am at 178 currently and my goal weight is 140.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Love all the others who can relate to #shortproblems. What are your guys struggles with loosing weight? Mine is water weight. It makes me gain 3-4 pounds every few days ad drives me nuts.
  • dayval12
    dayval12 Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey girl! Im 5'3
    My current weight is 152...just weighd my self this morning haha. I am 23 year old mama of two kiddos. Goal weight is 130 ish. I do weight training 5 days a week and cardio 2 to 3 days a week. Need to lose my belly pooch its been real hard after I had the kids. I have lost 23 pounds in all since last year. This year has been going so much better super motivated mfp app helps tremendously. Would love to follow all of the ladys to their journey. We got this
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    5'3" here. Started at 232 the end of December, and currently I am at 214. I would like to end up somewhere around 140. Right now I am focusing on portion control, making better choices, and trying to get some activity in every day! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • tasha12004
    Options
    5'3 here. I started at 234 and am currently at 208. I definitely try to ignore people that say I'm good. That was my issue before. i became comfortable due to the feedback I was getting, even though I was 189. This time I'm going to accept the compliments and keep working. I'm a pear and my stomach tends to be flatter, but even at 189 i was obese so...

People can add me! I'm semi new but have started inputting my foods.

I'm a pear as well so our bodies are more porportianate. So when we loose weight it is a little more dramatic because we tend to look thinner in our stomachs and upper bodies. It's frustrating because your weight never really reflects what it looks like on you and in the mirror.