Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• lucilleballs42
    lucilleballs42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm at the beginning of my journey. I'm 5"3 and 210lbs I lost 30lbs last year but gained 11lbs over Christmas and have completely gone off the rails since
  • crowed1993
    crowed1993 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me!!
  • meganmdewar
    meganmdewar Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I just stumbled across this thread and soooo glad I did. I am a 34yo Mom, 5' 2", 144lbs. My goal is 135 and it has been SO discouraging getting there. Dr says i should be between 116-123, ugh. I try to eat 1200-1400 cals a day, but mostly hover around 1200. I cannot seem to get these last 10lbs off! Through my 20s I was 120-125, fast forward marriage, career, family, I put on 25lbs.

I have a hard time hitting my macros, always have higher carbs. I have hypothyroid issues and have to watch my sugars as well, get dizzy if I don't eat every few hours.

Glad I found you guys, short people unite!!!!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5' 3 1/2" I've never been tiny though. Just the short fat friend. I am a homeschooling mom of 3 sons. My highest weight was 219# at the end of my last pregnancy 5 years ago. My recent highest weight was 172-176. Now bouncing between 163-166.

I've recently went from 2400 calories a day to 1400 (from November to now) and am only down 10 ish pounds. It's so frustrating! I usually only lose with 1200 or less but then I have no energy. I'm trying to exercise and lift weights this time around. Not sure what to do. I've spent 5 years spinning my wheels like this.

My lowest adult weight was 145 (for a brief amount of time) so my main goal right now is 140# and then reassess since I will be in uncharted territory then!

I'm looking for friends so anybody please add. I'd like to have a positive, encouraging environment on my feed.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    3lb off today

Should have only been 2lb but i was too sick to eat one day and could probably have eaten a few extra exercise calories
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    klaak wrote: »
    I'm exactly 5'0 and 43 years old. I've been trying to lose weight literally, for YEARS (at least 8) but just kept gaining no matter what. I got up to 134 lbs, and as we all know, on a small frame that is a LOT. I really should be about 110-115. For me, it wasn't really a lack of trying or motivation. I exercised (running, HIIT, weightlifting) and kept my diet to about 900-1000 calories net. And all I did was gain. I was very much into extreme 'clean eating', no processed foods, no gluten, lower carb. I experimented with removing rice, soy and dairy too, eating mostly protein and vegetables, limiting fruit to lower sugar types like apples and berries. I even did a green smoothie cleanse for 5 days and gained a lb. Tried paleo, paleo AIP etc etc. Frustrating right??

Well this year, I experimented with ketogenic dieting. I didn't think it would work, since I try SO HARD and nothing seemed to help. But my neighbor had the lbs just melting off her and that's what she was doing. She wasn't even exercising and just half-heartedly doing the diet and had incredible success. At first I lost a few lbs, but then I gained. I was still eating 'real' food, not processed junk but I was eating a LOT of dairy. I lowered my calorie intake to a goal of 850 per day, and I didn't force myself to eat if I really wasn't hungry. Also, knowing that I historically have had sensitivities to certain foods, I decided to do an elimination diet and see what might be triggering inflammation and water retention and potentially blocking weight loss. Now was the time to bite the bullet and restrict any potential food sensitivity triggers so I removed eggs, nuts, dairy, and then followed the ketogenic diet of no grains and gluten (rice, wheat, corn), starches (carrots, potatoes), no sugar (no honey, fruit or refined sugar). I still didn't see a huge difference. I also suspected candida overgrowth might be a problem based on some symptoms I was experiencing. So then I took it a step further and devised a sort of hybrid 'food sensitivity/anti-candida/ketogenic' diet and also added some candida cleanse supplements. If you're interested, you can google about these things, but basically I also removed things that fed candida like vinegar (anything with vinegar as an ingredient I do not touch), yeast, alcohol, mustard, mushrooms etc. And you wouldn't believe it but I have dropped 12 lbs in about 2-3 months, without exercise. I will be incorporating exercise back into my routine because I know it is important, but just being able to lose this weight at all has been AMAZING. TRULY AMAZING. I weigh less now than I have in 13 years, and I can fit into clothes I thought I never would again. And I feel so much better! I don't have the lethargy and brain fog and 'water balloony' feeling or restriction of movement, abdominal pain I suffered from previously. I'm sure with including exercise I will lose even more lbs and firm up even more. And I'm focusing on healing my gut lining so that I can hopefully heal some (all?) of these food sensitivities!

Anyhow, I know this won't be everyone's story but maybe it's helpful for someone who feels like they are doing everything 'right' and following all the advice out there and still not seeing results. There might very well be something else going on that is hindering health and weight loss :dizzy: and you need to figure out what that is.

What cleanse did you use?

• alice_schmalice
    alice_schmalice Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 190. Want to get down to 145 but the lowest I've been at in the past 10 years is 160. I'll be happy to lose the first 10 lbs. I've done mfp in the past and it worked. I just don't like to feel deprived...

Feel free to friend me :-)
  • meganmdewar
    meganmdewar Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ONE of the areas (because there are many) I really struggle in, but notice HUGE results, when I pay attention to it, is my sugar intake.

A year ago I was OBSESSED with protein/fruit smoothies every morning. I'd use 1 cup of strawberries, a whole banana, a handful of blue berries with my scoop of protein powder in almond milk and whaallaaaaa, I had a ridiculous amount of sugar, just in my breakfast alone. NOT to mention the 4-6 tps of sugar I had with my morning coffee. I remember being so "proud" of myself for eating regular sugar, and not splenda/sweet n low. Well, my yearly blood work discovered my triglycerides quadrupled! Ha! And I couldn't figure out why I was gaining all this weight. :) I made the switch to Truvia for coffee, and watched how much fruit I consumed in one sitting and within 2 months, I'd lost about 5lbs. I was consuming around 70g of sugar a day. I try to keep around 30-35g now.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    4'8'' here... add me. :smile:
  • Fitnessfaith7465
    Fitnessfaith7465 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9 here and currently just trying to tone up. Feel free to add me.
  • ebarnh3
    ebarnh3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11, in my first year of college and at about 158. I'm trying to get down to 140 by mid-July when I go see my guy in Cali. My long term goal is to be back at and maintain what I was a year ago: 110-120.

I've had a lot of health/digestive problems and medication changes this past year that have caused some serious weight gain. The "freshman 15" definitely didn't help either. After finally figuring out a diet plan with my gastroenterologist, I now have the motivation to start losing the weight again.

I have been trying to stay within the 1000-1200 calories range and I'm constantly walking around downtown. I'm slowly working up courage to go to our school gym, but I'm not quite there yet.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5'2" newlywed/nerd, 26 years old! Hubby is doing it with me but doesn't use MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    5'2, 155 lbs. My heaviest was 180. I do not carry my weight well at all. I'm all gut, no butt. Looking to have other short friends on here to motivate me. Goal weight is 120, but short term goal is to just get to 140 this summer. MFP is trying to tell me to eat 1200 calories to lose weight. My stomach disagrees.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, I'm aiming to lose a stone. Feel free to add me fellow shorties! :)
  • crossfitandlipstick
    Options
    Hey everyone! Fellow shortie here at 5'1 (on a good day) Starting at 210 hoping to get down to 120-130. Feel free to add me as your friend! :)
  • kandieyoga
    kandieyoga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow powerhouse shorties! I'm 5'2" 144 currently trying to get to 130! A bit frustrated haven't been loosing despite a lot of effort - MFP had me at 1200 Cals but heard that was to low for my activity so I upped it to 1500 but that seems like to much! Any thoughts or suggestions? Would love to build community so let's friend up!
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5'3" and currently 135 (started at 154) my goal is 125, but it could change as I get closer.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

38 year old woman. 180 pounds at 5'4". Goal weight 130
  • circusmamasarah
    circusmamasarah Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All. 5'0" here, about 136. Would love to be between 120-125. I'm an aerialist and mom. I try to stay on the Paleo/sub 100g carbs side of things but we've had three sets of guests in the last month and it's taken its toll. I'd like to drop around 6 lbs this month, and then work through the summer on the next 5-10. Come be my friend!