Fellow shorties needed for support and motivation 5'5 and under :)

Options

Replies

• lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 39 and 5'4"...or almost at least, and I'm at my heaviest ever. I went to the doctor on the 15th and found I was up to 265! That's not good, so I started here on the 16th. Down 11lbs so far. It's my new beginning! My end goal is around 150 right now.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm 4'11" and 38 years old. Started at 178 and I'm down to about 155. I've made the commitment to getting down into the 130s. That's my first big goal. I want to feel and look healthier. My motivation is my two kids. My son is almost 5 and my daughter is almost 2. I am always looking for new friends to motivate. Please add me!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    I honestly need to be at a place other than home to focus on the workout. Otherwise I get lazy

I hear you @tasha12004. I also go to the gym, walk in the park and have a trainer. I have to be able to mix it up, otherwise I lose the motivation.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    5'4" here! I started losing weight last year and I weighed around 175lbs and I now weight about 143lbs and would like to get down to at least 112lbs - 126lbs. Weight has always been huge problem with me, during high school I would lose a few pounds but then gain it all back and some more on top. Been determined to hit my goal weight now after having a personal trainer for 6 months last year!
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Do you guys ever try the fads that are out there? Like detox waters and such ?
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    Do you guys ever try the fads that are out there? Like detox waters and such ?

I tried a couple of fads years before I found MFP. None of them ever worked. I don't believe in them, maybe some of them work but I think most of them are a waste of time tbh.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    Me too. I feel like if people just did it the safe way they would get more results.
  • tasha12004
    Options
    LOL, the hunger of a grown man? :D and great job for loosing all that baby weight so quickly! Must feel like weight off your shoulders.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm 5'4", 32 y/o married mom of 3. I started logging on MFP January 12 and was 218.4. Currently I'm at 204.2, down 14.2. Trying not to be frustrated that I've been bouncing around 14-16 lbs lost but I always gain before that time of the month. My first goal is seeing Onederland again (so close!). My next goal is 168.4 which would be a 50 pound loss, with an ultimate goal of 138.4(my college weight), which would be 80 lost. I'm in need of friends to keep me motivated and on track. Some of the things I've been doing to have success so far is:
    -logging accurately, weighing as much as possible to be as accurate as I can be
    -taking a break from my desk and walking at work
    -cardio and weights at home
    -no mindless snacking at work
    -Eating around 1200 daily (though at a recent doctor's visit the nutritionist bumped my MFP calories to 1300 and lowered my carb settings a bit)
    -Planning my meals the day before in MFP so I know what I can eat and be ok for calories
    -Getting better sleep
    My goal is to lose slow and steady and keep it off and don't let the normal weight fluctuations get to me. Get on track and remember the big picture. Feel free to add me. I'm looking for support, encouragement and advice. Thanks! :)
  • tasha12004
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I usually eat about 1000-1200 as well. I never usually make it to 1200 though. And if I need to because of a hard core excersise, I eat an avacado, or yogurt to make it to my colories.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    amf0324 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you think that being short makes things more difficult. BMI tables are far kinder to short people than they are to the tall. Every pound that you lose makes more of an impact.

To lose a pound a week, we need to eat less than what MyFitnessPal even recommends. I'm on a 1,000 calorie a day diet -- come talk to me about what's kinder to who.

ah, you're doing it wrong. :neutral:
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    165cm or 5ft 5in
    Start weight: 184lbs
    Current weight: 177lbs
    Goal weight: 126lbs

Anyone can add me.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    amf0324 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you think that being short makes things more difficult. BMI tables are far kinder to short people than they are to the tall. Every pound that you lose makes more of an impact.

To lose a pound a week, we need to eat less than what MyFitnessPal even recommends. I'm on a 1,000 calorie a day diet -- come talk to me about what's kinder to who.

Im 5ft 2, i certainly eat more than 1000 cals a day
  • MrsChapmanTwo
    MrsChapmanTwo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

5' 1/2" (sometimes I round up and say 5'1"). Currently at 188.8 (or 189 if you wish). My ultimate goal is to get down around 125-130 - I probably felt the best when I weighed that, but it was a really long time ago (more than 10+ years) so I'm not sure how realistic that is. Right now I'm just focusing on 10 lbs at a time. I would like to be 10 lbs slimmer by end of May. My issue is the calorie counter set for me has my calories so low that I am constantly hungry. We're talking stomach-growling hunger about two-three hours after my most recent meal. I know there will be some adjustment, but I really need some tips to deal with the hunger until my stomach shrinks some - it's driving me crazy!
  • tasha12004
    Options
    You should eat healthy, but filling things so your not hungry. Avacados, nuts, full fat yogurt, eggs. All good fats that keep you full.