Very frustrated!

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    no, if u eat less calories with dirty food, you only get a smaller fat version of the bigger size of yourself....

The calories don't matter to what your body composition is. If you want a more fit version, you need to exercise. But the "dirty" food (whatever the hell dirty means) is irrelevant.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ma'am u should've not cut all ur calories from the beginning , that is why u hit ur weight loss plateau very quickly, u need to bring ur calories back up and then cut down slowly slowly and then later on introduce cardio also when u hit like 1500 calories. I don't think u should go 1200 on ur calories cuz that's too low, just add cardio and burn 300 calories per session.

Hope this helped
  • skinnyfatty1983
    skinnyfatty1983 Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    ur food is sabotaging your progress... vanilla, chickensoup , cheese and oil... your body is burning these things instead of burning your fat.. you need to eat clean, when i start eating clean, when my weight stopped moving, and i added workout and it dropped again...eating clean and lower calories will give u magic results

No.

yes, i tried before .., even 1 cup of soda drink will stop ur body from losing weight for at least 1 day....
    ur food is sabotaging your progress... vanilla, chickensoup , cheese and oil... your body is burning these things instead of burning your fat.. you need to eat clean, when i start eating clean, when my weight stopped moving, and i added workout and it dropped again...eating clean and lower calories will give u magic results

No.

yes, i tried before .., even 1 cup of soda drink will stop ur body from losing weight for at least 1 day....

Nope. Dropped 45 lbs in 150 days eating mostly healthy but not clean by any stretch. Plenty of Gardein, veggie dogs, Greek yogurt, once a week fried food and a cookie... and more than a litre of Diet pop every day.

different bodies react different to unhealthy food... i eat clean 90% and eat cheat meal to speed up metabolism.. but the key to result is still to eat clean consistently

Nope. You're not actually speeding up your metabolism. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works. But bless your heart for having and sharing your success.

cheat meal helped me dropped a few more pounds... it really works

Sooo, which is it? Eat clean or else you're doomed, or eat dirty to speed up your metabolism? I'm confused. Guess I'll just keep eating whatever fits my goals and losing my 1 lb per week and be happy not hangry.
    eat clean 90% of the time and for example 2 weeks of clean eating and 1 cheat meal... both will help to lose weight

No. All you need to do is eat less calories than your body expends. CICO. That's all. Nothing more.

no, if u eat less calories with dirty food, you only get a smaller fat version of the bigger size of yourself....

No. One of the biggest problems is LABELING food as good/clean or bad/dirty. There is no such thing or, I should say, a decent definition of those labels. I have lost 60 pounds eating what I wanted, just not as MUCH as I wanted.

I am not a special snowflake.

well, it depend on what ur goals are... i guess mine is different than yours... i would be amazed if u can transform with lower calories and dirty food...
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sd4Texas wrote: »
    Why is it when I have 58 pounds to loose, and I've stayed under my 1200 calorie requirement for over two weeks now and have only lost one pound? I've not had any bread, fake sugar (only berries or strawberries) very low carbs, etc....al the things I'm suppose to be doing. Speed walking four times a week each time losing 300 calories per walk. I'm 58 year old woman that's extremely frustrated! Please help! I so my other friends using programs like a plan from Thyroid Connection and they are able to drop 10 pounds a month easily. But not me. I'm eating all non processed foods, too!

One pound in two weeks? You don't have near enough data to have any idea if your plan is giving you results or not, but based on what I've read so far, you have no reason to think it's not.

First, you have one data point. One. Second, there are several factors that go into what you see on the scale: fat loss - what you want, and fluid loss (or gain, or really...change) - what you should not care about because it will always vary. Fat loss and fluid retention change at different rates and at different magnitudes. Generally when you are talking about losing 2 pounds per week, your really talking about losing 2 pounds of fat (what you care about). The fact is that fluid retention can vary by 2 or 3 times that much in a single day. I've weighed up to 4 pounds less in the afternoon than I have in the same morning - after eating 75% of my calories for the day. Why? I may have been holding fluid in the morning, and may be dehydrated (somewhat) after exercise in the afternoon.

If you lost 2 pounds of fat for the week and you weighed yourself once, how would you know?

I'll wait....

Yes, it's a trick question. You can't know. That's why you need more data and more time. You could step on the scale at the next weigh-in a week later and be 6 pounds lighter. Would that be cause for celebration? Do you think you lost 6 pounds of fat? Probably not even possible, but you can be 6 pounds lighter at that time. You can get fooled in both directions by the scale.

The tools here aren't perfect because they are estimates, but if you are weighing and measuring carefully, you can get pretty close. Time is your friend. You need that time to create the healthy process anyway. The results will be in your trend, not likely week to week.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options
    lol @skinnyfatty1983, hit the success stories board and you'll see lots of people who do just that!

they should write a book to transform with dirty foods...amazing wow
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

NO. Stop it.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

well, it depend on what ur goals are... i guess mine is different than yours... i would be amazed if u can transform with lower calories and dirty food...

Still early on my own journey, but here's a question for you.

If I expend 3100 calories today, and I've eaten 2100 in "clean" foods, I'm on track right?

If I expend 3100 calories tomorrow, and I've eaten 1900 in "clean" foods and have a Coke at the end of the of day, am I somehow off track?

If so, how would I know? If not, why not? It's admittedly early for me, but my 2 pounds/week is running along just fine at my 1000 calorie or so deficit, my measurements are changing, my exercise is improving, and every once in a while I'll have one can of Coca Cola (my longtime nemesis). I put sugar on strawberries that I mix into my plain yogurt (because I need the sweet bump). I cook my egg whites in butter. I put mayonnaise on my sandwiches when I eat cheap wheat bread.

I'm losing weight, I'm stronger...am I off track?

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

No.

Stop. Weight loss isn't about what you eat/don't eat. Weight loss is all about calories. Science. I've eaten chocolate, chips, take out, and have lost weight and continue to lose weight.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options

If I expend 3100 calories today, and I've eaten 2100 in "clean" foods, I'm on track right?

If I expend 3100 calories tomorrow, and I've eaten 1900 in "clean" foods and have a Coke at the end of the of day, am I somehow off track?

If so, how would I know? If not, why not? It's admittedly early for me, but my 2 pounds/week is running along just fine at my 1000 calorie or so deficit, my measurements are changing, my exercise is improving, and every once in a while I'll have one can of Coca Cola (my longtime nemesis). I put sugar on strawberries that I mix into my plain yogurt (because I need the sweet bump). I cook my egg whites in butter. I put mayonnaise on my sandwiches when I eat cheap wheat bread.

the coke can cause a delay in transformation but you are not off track since you still eat healthy clean food most of the time
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

the coke can cause a delay in transformation but you are not off track since you still eat healthy clean food most of the time

Can you explain by what mechanism a soda can cause a weight stall if one is eating in a deficit? Is it just soda, or does that go for all fizzy drinks?
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options

No.

Stop. Weight loss isn't about what you eat/don't eat. Weight loss is all about calories. Science. I've eaten chocolate, chips, take out, and have lost weight and continue to lose weight.

ok sorry i wont stop you from eating your chocolate cookies. It is quite amazing. were u able to build muscle from all the junk foods??
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Please do not give erroneous advice. As long as a person is in a deficit, weight will be lost.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

No.

ok sorry i wont stop you from eating your chocolate cookies. It is quite amazing. were u able to build muscle from all the junk foods??

I guess you didn't see my post with this link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    lol @skinnyfatty1983, hit the success stories board and you'll see lots of people who do just that!

they should write a book to transform with dirty foods...amazing wow

You mean like this guy?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1

You really are misinformed. It doesn't matter how 'clean' you eat. If you eat over your maintenance calories, you will gain fat.

Clean eating is not important ... ok understood. I just dont understand how junk food can build muscles and is better than clean food??? sorry
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i know it sucks to hear, but KEEP at it. two weeks is NOTHING in terms of plateau world. Plus, you did lose weight! I hear you're only at a plateau if you lose NOTHING for 3 months! So, keep it the good work OP! :smile:
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

No.

I guess you didn't see my post with this link:

Sorry i did see the post but I did not have to jog this much and i can lose weight with clean food just by walking...