Very frustrated!

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    sd4Texas wrote: »
    @ladyreva78 what does TDEE mean?

So, 3 abbreviations that get tossed around here.

BMR - Basic metabolic rate. This is the calories you burn existing. Basically to keep your current weight in a coma.

NEAT - Non-Exercise Activity thermogenesis. This is the calories you burn from normal daily activity. It varies by your normal activity level. It is calculated as your BMR times a factor (they vary by model). MFP uses 1.25 for sedentary. This number does not include exercise.

TDEE - total daily energy expenditure. This is the calories burned including all activity and exercise.

MFP (This place) uses NEAT. So it estimates your calorie burn on your size, age etc. and a factor for your activity level and then has you eat back your exercise calories. Some people like to estimate their calorie needs using TDEE and then not add back their calories from exercising.

If you are consistent in your activities and exercising, the TDEE method makes sense as you can figure it out and eat the same amount every day regardless of what you do. If you are inconsistent, than (my opinion) the NEAT method works better but does mean you are eating different amounts every day based on your activity and exercise. For example, I hurt my back last week and am doing less than normal right now so I'm eating less. But once I'm back to running daily, I'll go back to eating 2000 calories and just have a variance every day, with my weekly average being pretty close to that to lose 2 lbs.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    skinnyfatty1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ur food is sabotaging your progress... vanilla, chickensoup , cheese and oil... your body is burning these things instead of burning your fat.. you need to eat clean, when i start eating clean, when my weight stopped moving, and i added workout and it dropped again...eating clean and lower calories will give u magic results

No.

yes, i tried before .., even 1 cup of soda drink will stop ur body from losing weight for at least 1 day....

Nope. Dropped 45 lbs in 150 days eating mostly healthy but not clean by any stretch. Plenty of Gardein, veggie dogs, Greek yogurt, once a week fried food and a cookie... and more than a litre of Diet pop every day.

different bodies react different to unhealthy food... i eat clean 90% and eat cheat meal to speed up metabolism.. but the key to result is still to eat clean consistently
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    It's only been two weeks!
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options
    ur food is sabotaging your progress... vanilla, chickensoup , cheese and oil... your body is burning these things instead of burning your fat.. you need to eat clean, when i start eating clean, when my weight stopped moving, and i added workout and it dropped again...eating clean and lower calories will give u magic results

No.

yes, i tried before .., even 1 cup of soda drink will stop ur body from losing weight for at least 1 day....

Nope. Dropped 45 lbs in 150 days eating mostly healthy but not clean by any stretch. Plenty of Gardein, veggie dogs, Greek yogurt, once a week fried food and a cookie... and more than a litre of Diet pop every day.

different bodies react different to unhealthy food... i eat clean 90% and eat cheat meal to speed up metabolism.. but the key to result is still to eat clean consistently

Nope. You're not actually speeding up your metabolism. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works. But bless your heart for having and sharing your success.

cheat meal helped me dropped a few more pounds... it really works
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I don't have cheat meals either. So... mostly healthy foods with some indulgences, no attempt at clean eating, plenty of diet soda, and dropping 1-2 lbs a week. Doctor's pleased with my progress and my BP has dropped too.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    edited March 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

No.

No.

Nope. You're not actually speeding up your metabolism. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works. But bless your heart for having and sharing your success.

Sooo, which is it? Eat clean or else you're doomed, or eat dirty to speed up your metabolism? I'm confused. Guess I'll just keep eating whatever fits my goals and losing my 1 lb per week and be happy not hangry.
    eat clean 90% of the time and for example 2 weeks of clean eating and 1 cheat meal... both will help to lose weight
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

No.

I feel like eating what I want within my calorie goals is how it's worked for me. I don't have to cheat.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

No.

No.

Sooo, which is it? Eat clean or else you're doomed, or eat dirty to speed up your metabolism? I'm confused. Guess I'll just keep eating whatever fits my goals and losing my 1 lb per week and be happy not hangry.
    eat clean 90% of the time and for example 2 weeks of clean eating and 1 cheat meal... both will help to lose weight

Sorry, I must have forgotten this...
    ll5sotybz99e.jpg
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

No.

No.

No. All you need to do is eat less calories than your body expends. CICO. That's all. Nothing more.

• skinnyfatty1983
    Options

No.

No.

No. All you need to do is eat less calories than your body expends. CICO. That's all. Nothing more.

no, if u eat less calories with dirty food, you only get a smaller fat version of the bigger size of yourself....
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Actually, no. That's where exercise comes in.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

No.

No.

no, if u eat less calories with dirty food, you only get a smaller fat version of the bigger size of yourself....

No. One of the biggest problems is LABELING food as good/clean or bad/dirty. There is no such thing or, I should say, a decent definition of those labels. I have lost 60 pounds eating what I wanted, just not as MUCH as I wanted.

I am not a special snowflake.