5/4/17 walk 9 km
    4/4/17 Run 7 km
    3/4/17 Run 7 km walk 6 km
    2/4/17 walk 3 km
    1/4/17 walk 7 km
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I'm sorry to hear. I'll be praying for you and your family. I hope your Mother in law is comfortable.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've ended up with a numb right foot for hours now so apparently the stabbing pain in my right calf is my sciatica. I've never had it affect my calf before but with the foot numbness I'm gonna go with sciatica. Normally I have back pain, butt pain, foot numbness. But I suppose it can hurt anywhere.....
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I've ended up with a numb right foot for hours now so apparently the stabbing pain in my right calf is my sciatica. I've never had it affect my calf before but with the foot numbness I'm gonna go with sciatica. Normally I have back pain, butt pain, foot numbness. But I suppose it can hurt anywhere.....

I have foot pain constantly with nerve damage in my butt. I'm hoping eventually it'll heal, but I'm not optimistic that it ever will.

The doc always tests that by turning my ankle inwards while sitting with legs out straight. Always reproduces the pain I have. Of course, that's just where mine is impinged. It can be different depending on which sciatic brance is irritated.
  • greenolivetree
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I have foot pain constantly with nerve damage in my butt. I'm hoping eventually it'll heal, but I'm not optimistic that it ever will.

The doc always tests that by turning my ankle inwards while sitting with legs out straight. Always reproduces the pain I have. Of course, that's just where mine is impinged. It can be different depending on which sciatic brance is irritated.

If only I could sit with my legs out straight. LOL I'm so terrible..... Recently I have LEFT calf pain if I try to sit on the floor with my legs out straight. RI-DI-CU-LOUS. I was never flexible, even as a child. But man, lately.....I think I might snap!
  • Elise4270
    edited April 2017
    Options

If only I could sit with my legs out straight. LOL I'm so terrible..... Recently I have LEFT calf pain if I try to sit on the floor with my legs out straight. RI-DI-CU-LOUS. I was never flexible, even as a child. But man, lately.....I think I might snap!

Ya me neither. But I'm sure mine isnt flexibility- it's nerves that are tethered. Yours could be too. It explained a lot about my posture and how chairs were always uncomfortable, I could never do anything in gymnastics.

I know a good hip surgeon if you need him, I'd make the last leg of the drive with you even. Maybe he knows​ someone your way. He started out in Tulsa Oklahoma. Butt is in Dallas at Baylor now.

ETA you check out deep gluteal syndrome/piriformis syndrome symptoms?
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 - Good news on the heart / cardiovascular testing! Hopefully the lung is just a random "spot".

@7lenny7 - prayers for your family! Hopefully she is comfortable and everyone else is OK. Chronic / autoimmune illnesses just suck!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    4/1 8mi 1:14:29min
    4/2 rest
    4/3 4mi 34:55min
    4/4 4.55mi 43:06min
    4/5 rest
    4/6 5mi 46:47min
    4/7 3mi 25:53min
    4/8 9mi 1:24:34min
    4/9 rest
    4/10 5mi 45:44min
    4/11 7mi 1:03:31min
    4/12 rest
    4/13 4mi 35:51min
    4/14 3mi 26:07min
    4/15 10mi 1:35:12min
    4/16 rest
    4/17 5mi 46:22min
    4/18 4.3mi 38:55min
    4/19 5mi 43:06min <- my fastest 5 miler in a long time!
    4/20 rest
    4/21 4mi 35:46min
    4/22 9mi 1:28:18min
    4/23 rest
    4/24 7mi 62:58min
    4/25 5mi 46:54min

Slogged through 5 miles on the treadmill today because it was too windy and raining this morning.

Ugh it felt terrible- I almost had to quit around mile 4, my legs felt like they might give out. I just kept lowering the speed until I finished. I'm hoping it was because I did 7 miles yesterday. I'm trusting the training that it's going to make me stronger?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Having one of those midweek/mid training mild panics once again, debating the hilly versus flatter route for Saturday.... for some reason 19 miles has me more anxious than 17 did.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Thoughts and prayers go out to your family and your MIL.

I am racing this weekend. Leaving Friday morning to head up to Louisville. I already got approval to take the day off from work.

Due to a busy Friday and weekend, I am hoping to post the May challenge on Thursday.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 lots of prayers coming your family's way.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law, and my thoughts go out to your family.

@Stoshew71 good luck with your race this weekend! Can't believe it's time to set May goals!
  • greenolivetree
    Options

Ya me neither. But I'm sure mine isnt flexibility- it's nerves that are tethered. Yours could be too. It explained a lot about my posture and how chairs were always uncomfortable, I could never do anything in gymnastics.

I know a good hip surgeon if you need him, I'd make the last leg of the drive with you even. Maybe he knows​ someone your way. He started out in Tulsa Oklahoma. Butt is in Dallas at Baylor now.

ETA you check out deep gluteal syndrome/piriformis syndrome symptoms?

Oh yes, checked it all out. In 2015 I had lots of deep glute pain. Lots of muscle relaxers and digging in there with a tennis ball. This sciatica just flares up about every 2-3 months ever since then. It switches which leg it affects too. Car trips are misery. But I get through it. I figure down the road one day I won't be able to just get through it anymore.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @7lenny7 Thoughts and prayers go out to your family and your MIL.

I am racing this weekend. Leaving Friday morning to head up to Louisville. I already got approval to take the day off from work.

Due to a busy Friday and weekend, I am hoping to post the May challenge on Thursday.

I'll say it again, but I'll say it now too. Good luck this weekend. Oh, and the bolded made me smile....I was actually wondering about that, with your race this weekend.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    hesfeld wrote: »
    @BeeerRunner I'm about to sign up for the Trinity River run in Dallas in November. I'm planning on making a vacation out of the trip!

@hesfeld I just looked up that race. Are you doing the Half Marathon? It looks fun!! I run on the Trinity River a lot but over on the Fort Worth side. I'm in Dallas almost every weekend for my son's soccer games, but other than that I hardly go to Dallas; otherwise, I'd give you tips of things to do. The 6th Floor Museum is one thing I know of that's really cool and doesn't take much time.
  • BeeerRunner
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty This is the jacket I have. I had a coupon, so I got it for $30. Also, I would buy it 1 size up so you can layer it. I've used it in the rain, and it kept me dry. I also use it on really cold days as my outer layer. When I was up in Chicago last December, I had an 8 mile run to do with a windchill of 6 degrees. I wore 2 tech shirts, a hoody, and this windbreaker/rain jacket and stayed nice and toasty warm on my run.

Link? :smile:

@RespectTheKitty Lol...whoops!!

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/columbia-womens-switchback-rain-jacket-15cmbwwswtchbckrnapo/15cmbwwswtchbckrnapo?color=Spring+Yellow

I'd shop around, but that's the one I have. If you shop around, just make sure you get one thats's vented in the back or you'll get too hot. Also, there us a hood that zips into the collar.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    1---4.48
    3---3.05
    5---2.85 walk
    9---3.30 walk
    11---4.77
    14---6.07
    16---4.36
    18---3.88
    19---2.8 Barefoot Walk
    20----4.83
    22---6.35 beast!
    23---2.50 walk
    25---5.09

54.33/60

RACES!!!

May 27- XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run. 5k.
    July 8- XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run, 5K.  Glen Rose,TX
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @greenolivetree ugh, sounds so familiar. Car trips are horrible. Good luck with it. I know it's just miserable pain.
  • BeeerRunner
    Options
    What is a good brand of running shoe? Looking in to it, they can be really expensive.

@Brumley2005 I would go to a running store to get fitted. They will be able to determine what shoes will be good for you based on foot shape, arch, etc... A lot of brand new models are coming out so they might have last year's shoes on clearance. Just let them know you are new to running and don't want to spend too much. The shoes I bought last year were $120, and now are $70 because the new version was released.