What's the pettiest reason that would make you stop dating someone?

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Because she's a scrub! Always talkin' about what she wants and just sits on her broke *kitten*!
    No, I don't want no scrub!

Awesome, the TLC philosophy. :wink:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,254 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Because she's a scrub! Always talkin' about what she wants and just sits on her broke *kitten*!

They knew what they were talkin about. And it's been a good rule of thumb for me. That is when I was smart enough to heed their warning.

RIP Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes. We miss you.
  • 81Katz
    Options

They knew what they were talkin about. And it's been a good rule of thumb for me. That is when I was smart enough to heed their warning.

You're wise grasshopper. I learned how to not go chasing waterfalls. When I nearly drowned for the 6th time, the 7th time stuck. :wink:
  • DWBalboa
    Options

You're wise grasshopper. I learned how to not go chasing waterfalls. When I nearly drowned for the 6th time, the 7th time stuck. :wink:

It took me awhile as well to learn to stick to the rivers and the lakes that I was used to. It was difficult because I had a natural obsession for temptation. :wink:
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    If they’re rude to service people who are just trying to do their job. If they spend more time looking at their phone than me. If they don’t like animals. If they try to sabotage my fitness goals because they’re not interested in fitness.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    If they are on their cell phone during the date.
  • 81Katz
    Options

It took me awhile as well to learn to stick to the rivers and the lakes that I was used to. It was difficult because I had a natural obsession for temptation. :wink:

Had to head out quickly this morning but I just wanted to say you're hilarious! :smiley:
  • DWBalboa
    Options

Had to head out quickly this morning but I just wanted to say you're hilarious! :smiley:

Thank you, you're pretty funny too. And I don't mean funny like I'm a clown. :lol:
  • 81Katz
    Options

Thank you, you're pretty funny too. And I don't mean funny like I'm a clown. :lol:

TLC songs were playing in my head most of the morning. I was going stop, stop, stop! :lol:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Continually getting me with this...

ia5lzw1gcb73.jpg
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    I once ditched a guy in the middle of a blind date because he had tons of chest hair sticking out the top of his shirt.

I recently stopped talking to a guy because he sent me a snap without his shirt on and I couldnt tell that he wasnt a gorilla!
    Eww. I dont want to put my hands or mouth on an animal.

If she refuses to help me shave my back.

If she ghosts me after seeing my chest hair

It’s funny I never understood why women don’t like chest hair. It’s never bothered me.
    I once ditched a guy in the middle of a blind date because he had tons of chest hair sticking out the top of his shirt.

I recently stopped talking to a guy because he sent me a snap without his shirt on and I couldnt tell that he wasnt a gorilla!
    Eww. I dont want to put my hands or mouth on an animal.

Well that just hurts!

WkO67.gif

LOL
    For What its worth... I told him I wasn't into it and Id bring some clippers over.
    He said no... that it makes him manly.
    ..and um, that is why I haven't responded to your texts/calls/snaps LOL

The only reason I would be hesitant to let you cut my chest hair, is that it's where I get my super human strength from. Kinda like the whole Samson thing. :smiley:

I shave my husband’s back once a week. Lol I hope he never reads this. He would be so embarrassed but I can’t help but voice my opinion. I always hear women make comments like this and I don’t understand it. Sometimes it’s a chore but he does so much for his family, so ultimately that’s nothing in comparison. The funny part is I do it for him because ultimately it doesn’t make a difference to me.

If only there were more precious gems of a lady like you. There'd be no wars.

Haha thanks but it’s a pure example of a petty reason hence the reason of the thread. Hence my comment is truly irrelevant but ultimately I got defensive because I see how much it effects his self esteem. So I can’t help but feel for men in similar situations. If only I could be as coy and cold as others on here.

Wow, I haven't really been in here in since my original comment, for the record I was extremely young when that scenario took place. I have grown since then. I answered the original question. "Pettiest thing you have done". No, I do not think excess chest hair is something someone should be ashamed of nor does it have anything to do with how manly/unmanly they are and I would shave it if he ever asked me to.

Honestly shaving him would be nothing compared to the things I have had to do for my husband in the past few years. Once you have to clean and dress gaping holes from pins screwed into his hips, peel decaying black skin from his balls that are the size of grapefruits or wipe his *kitten* daily for him due to a horrific work accident in which his pelvis was crushed by an excavator, shaving a little chest/back hair is nothing. You get over being "cold and coy" once you see and do things for your spouse you never in a million years thought you would have to do. Also, for the record I would shave a woman's chest/back hair if she asked me to as well. ;)
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    relynne wrote: »
    His hands were too soft.

I am recently divorced and dating. I have lots of petty reasons not to date guys, but I ALWAYS check out the hands and decide if I want him to touch me based on how they look. Guys have to have man hands.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Because I'm on MFP at 10:21 pm EST on St. Valentine's Day....
  • FitLifeCrossroads
    FitLifeCrossroads Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Some of these are
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    relynne wrote: »
    His hands were too soft.

I am recently divorced and dating. I have lots of petty reasons not to date guys, but I ALWAYS check out the hands and decide if I want him to touch me based on how they look. Guys have to have man hands.

Right?!? It was creepy. My hands are manlier than his. :D
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    About the best answer I’ve seen is, “If she’s on her phone while on a date.” Now that answer makes sense.

All the rest are way too petty.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    If he showed up one day with a goattee.