What's the pettiest reason that would make you stop dating someone?

Options

Replies

• relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    relynne wrote: »
    His hands were too soft.

I am recently divorced and dating. I have lots of petty reasons not to date guys, but I ALWAYS check out the hands and decide if I want him to touch me based on how they look. Guys have to have man hands.

Right?!? It was creepy. My hands are manlier than his. :D

Valid reason indeed. But my question for you both is this: Would you TELL the guy that's why you didn't want to see him anymore? "Sorry dude. Your hands are not manly enough."

I didn't tell him that was why. Would you want to know if it was you?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Is it petty to stop dating someone because you want to be in control of the "stopping", like I'm gonna dump you before you dump me
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    His hands were too soft.

I am recently divorced and dating. I have lots of petty reasons not to date guys, but I ALWAYS check out the hands and decide if I want him to touch me based on how they look. Guys have to have man hands.

Valid reason indeed. But my question for you both is this: Would you TELL the guy that's why you didn't want to see him anymore? "Sorry dude. Your hands are not manly enough."

I would. I always want to know why. Not knowing drives me nuts.

I gave him a reason, it just wasn't the real one. I think the hands reason makes me sound a little crazy. :'(
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Rough, dirty looking elbows...gross, take a *kitten* loofah or a chore boy to those *kitten*
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    His mom is too involved
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    His daughter is my age
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Making hot chocolate in a pot, and she was moving it from the pot to her mug with a small spoon. One spoonful at a time.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It's no longer Valentine's Day.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,254 Member
    Options
    If she can't kiss. A good kiss is a must! Nay! A great kisser is a must.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,254 Member
    Options
    If she's grammar sensitive.
  • francisolorunfunmi
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Rough, dirty looking elbows...gross, take a *kitten* loofah or a chore boy to those *kitten*

My elbows are always moisturiser
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

His hands were too soft.

I would. I always want to know why. Not knowing drives me nuts.

Why give the reason if it’s 1. Something he can’t change (size of hands). 2. Someone will love you just because your hands are small :-).

• bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    He couldn’t spell my name after three months dating :-(. I still think he’s cute though.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I once dated a girl, first generation Italian, gorgeous, but she didn’t like mushrooms, white wine or Parmesan. I couldn’t live with that......