What's the pettiest reason that would make you stop dating someone?

Options

Replies

• bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    dnm1207 wrote: »
    bluets2011 wrote: »
    relynne wrote: »
    His hands were too soft.

I am recently divorced and dating. I have lots of petty reasons not to date guys, but I ALWAYS check out the hands and decide if I want him to touch me based on how they look. Guys have to have man hands.

Right?!? It was creepy. My hands are manlier than his. :D

Valid reason indeed. But my question for you both is this: Would you TELL the guy that's why you didn't want to see him anymore? "Sorry dude. Your hands are not manly enough."

I didn't tell him that was why. Would you want to know if it was you?

I would. I always want to know why. Not knowing drives me nuts.

Why give the reason if it’s 1. Something he can’t change (size of hands). 2. Someone will love you just because your hands are small :-).

Actually I'd always prefer to know if the reason was something out of my control. If I was wondering if someone dumped me because of something I COULD change, and it turns out it was something like "your hands / feet / ears / nose / whatever is the wrong size for me and I can't get past it" then I could move on and not wonder if I needed to try to improve something about myself.

I ALWAYS prefer honesty even if it's brutal. Knowing where I stand with someone is very important to me.

Very good point. Never thought of it to be honest. I’d always go with “one man’s meat, is the other man’s poison”. But I do get what you’re saying
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    If they did not like animals, particularly cats, but dogs too. Animals are my passion (and obsession.) :blush:
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, cats are questionable, dogs are much better. There would have to be other benefits to not end the relationship
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    most of these arent petty at all, you guys fail....
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I once discontinued dating a guy by date 3 because of his use of the words "the cat's pajamas" and "the bees kneed" to describe certain acts of an intimate nature. Also, he laughed weird.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    If he has a name for his penis.
    If he refers to his balls as "the boys".
    and
    If he refers to his car as "she".
  • bluets2011
    Options
    I once discontinued dating a guy by date 3 because of his use of the words "the cat's pajamas" and "the bees kneed" to describe certain acts of an intimate nature. Also, he laughed weird.

You got me curious now!!! What acts was he actually describing???

• Crafty_camper123
    Options

I'll try to describe without getting too graphic and getting myself moderated. He said that "bum" is the bees knees, and then started yuk yuk yukking instead of ha ha ha-ing. He told me he likes to use words like the cat's pajamas, and bees knees to describe things.. I was thinking, welp, this one's not for me!!
  • resale3108
    Options
    Shaving his legs and getting a manicure?
  • bluets2011
    Options
    I’m still not much the wiser but having fun trying to imagine the scene! I’d sure burst lauhhing!!
  • bluets2011
    Options

I'll try to describe without getting too graphic and getting myself moderated. He said that "bum" is the bees knees, and then started yuk yuk yukking instead of ha ha ha-ing. He told me he likes to use words like the cat's pajamas, and bees knees to describe things.. I was thinking, welp, this one's not for me!!

Was he 18???
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options

Was he 18???

We were 18/19 at the time, I think! Now I've been happily married with the perfect match for 8.5 years. I Still giggle about this from time to time though!
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Being a loud chewer, consistently leaving the toilet seat up, not liking outdoor activities
  • resale3108
    Options
    She didn’t walk, she sort of bounced up on her toes.
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    He was mean to my dog when he thought I was not looking
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

Oooh, that's not petty! That's a legitimate reason. Some people are pathetic.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    She had a Sam's Club membership. Oh no, honey.
  • resale3108
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Oooh, that's not petty! That's a legitimate reason. Some people are pathetic.

Agreed. Dogs are great judges of character. Your dog wAs sacrificing his immediate welfare for your long term happiness.