WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane! A cruise is a great motivation, lol! I'm new to this thread too, but want to welcome you and encourage you. I remember a quote that might help you, "Don't look back, you're not going that way anymore." You got this!
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane! A cruise is a great motivation, lol! I'm new to this thread too, but want to welcome you and encourage you. I remember a quote that might help you, "Don't look back, you're not going that way anymore." You got this!

Love, love, LOVE that!!! Thanks!!!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Benny Beagle passed over the Rainbow Bridge at 2:50 today. Meg from Omaha
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your beloved pet. So sad.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    la8dl: Welcome to a great group, you sweet young thing. Best advice: 1. Stop in here often for support 2: Log every bite and swallow 3. Move more. It is best if exercise is fun because you'll want to do it because you enjoy it, not just because you should. :flowerforyou:

Meg: (((HUGS))) I'm so sorry about the loss of Benny Beagle. Our fur children are such a blessing in our lives. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

We not only got the access area for going under the house cleared for the raccoon abatement crew that is coming tomorrow, we also got our Christmas Decorations moved back up into the garage attic. It has been a quietly productive day. :bigsmile: I need to admit a little embarrassment that it took so long to get our Christmas boxes put away. :embarassed:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Penny Enjoy the grandkids! We'll be here when you get back! t6220.gif

Sarah Flood cleaning = LOTS of calories. Ugh.

Lisa Enjoy your Gramily time! Can't wait to see your paintings... Ooooh! I love that stained glass peacock painting! and Crapweasel - LOL!!!

Barbie That sounds like a perfect day. A lovely ballet of a day...

Carol/Peach I love Pomeranians. I used to have a Pomchi named Dusty who was the SMARTEST dog I have ever had. Well except maybe my Coton, Bailey. He's pretty smart.

Lanette The little shoes are made of felted wool. This is the first time she has made shoes. I love them. Now she is making a pair of Olivia shoes with the national flower of Corsica on them, to honor Olivia's father's heritage. I will post them once they are done.

Beth Sending healing thoughts for your knee. So sorry you are derailed by your knee.

Ginger First, it's really hard when there are lots of goodies around that aren't on your food plan. Second, you probably did set yourself up by not eating enough. Third, there are probably not too many of us here who haven't messed up. I know I have. Yesterday, as a matter of fact. Peppermint Patties at work. Ugh. and Fourth, maybe next time you could get up, brush your teeth again, and pop some sugarless gum in your mouth and then read a book for 15 minutes to give yourself some time to decide if you really want that pizza or whatever. Buy yourself a little time. Several people here have mentioned similar strategies that seem to work for them. My strategy is to freeze the leftover pizza right away. For some reason I am not tempted to get food out of the freezer. I know that is quirky. (((Hugs))) You've got this.

Katla So glad you are going to get the rest of the raccoon damage repaired. I know you will be glad to have that behind you.

Pip Love the Airstream. So nifty.

Diane, Carmen, Lynne Welcome! As Rori says, together we can do this!

Lynne I love that quote, "Don't look back, you're not going that way anymore."

Meg Oh, Meg, so sorry about sweet Benny. Breaks my heart. Sweet Doggy...

Here is a link to a nestcam of Olivia to cheer everyone's day. For the newbies, Olivia was born in early February and was very ill shortly after birth. She had cardiopulmonary arrest and multi-organ failure but through excellent medical care and her own indomitable spirit plus the love of her mom & dad, she is now thriving:

https://video.nest.com/clip/e748c2a03d714eec9db876e198f5a76d

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Options
    :heart:

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-
    Ski Machine- 25min, 5incl, 25resist, 140mhr, 1.25mi = 188c
    Apple Watch- 174c
    Other- skip, sidestep, etc- 22min, 162mhr = 214c
    Apple Watch- 179c

Total cal - 373
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh Meg, I am so sorry. I don't know why when I post something from my iPad, it is from another name. Those pictures above from poster knjuiv or something like that is me. Any clues from anyone?

Joyce, Indiana
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    meg so sorry for your loss , Benny beagle <3 such a good dog.

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Joyce Do you have 2 different MFP accounts? An old one and a current one? If so, would you have signed up for the old MFP account on the iPad? Just a thought. Although it doesn't seem logical that your bookmark would be on both accounts...so never mind...I dunno. LOL! Anyway, I like the artwork. Talented kiddos.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA that is just the sweetest video. Loved it.

Also, Mia was taken off the oxygen Friday and is doing great. :)

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    <3:'(Meg, I am so sorry about Benny. He brought so much joy to your life and you were such a great mom to him.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Meg - So sad to see Benny has passed over the Rainbow Bridge.He was well loved and will stay in your heart forever.

Lovely afternoon in the glass studio today. I've decided it is time to try making goblets. The first attempt blew up in the glory hole. Gotta work on maintaining the right heat. This is going to be fun!

Mia in MI
  • KetoneKaren
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Janetr Mia is off oxygen! Yippee!!

Ginger Love the journal...thank you so much for posting this, it is wonderful...the part about finishing each day reminds me of one of my Mom-isms...she used to say "Do everything in your power to get the outcome you want, and then let go of the outcome." I loved my mom.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Janet OKC: I'm so happy to hear that Mia is off of oxygen and doing great. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

katla