WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all... Thank you for the comments on the painting - it's as finished as it's going to get. Contemplating my next one, and hope to take pics in Arkansas that I can turn into landscapes when I get home. Got more to learn, though. Me and Bob Ross, we're going to be tight. :wink:

Also want to learn to create my own picture frames. Corey bought me a table saw for Christmas, so I can rip lumber to whatever size/thickness/length I choose. And we have a bunch of reclaimed wood available to us.

Have been diminishing the sweetener I use in my coffee week by week, and I'm down from seven Splenda per 12-oz cup to just two. (I like (OK, liked!) my coffee very sweet). Taking the leap to none at all is in the offing. Maybe by the end of this week. Everything I read says those who use ANY artificial sweetener, gain weight. Period.

Physical therapy once more today - might let Corey go on his own so I can accomplish a few things around this joint. Three weeks from today I'll start the new job, and will be gone at least one week of that, so it's finally lit a fire under my butt. :) Well, today anyway, Slept every time I sat down yesterday--literally never got out of my pajamas. Just changed into another pair of PJs after I took a shower after dinner. And I slept for seven hours last night! Haven't had a day of accomplishing nothing (except finishing that painting) in, well, apparently my entire adulthood. Was lovely and restful. And a little weird.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in West Texas
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Penny Enjoy your time with your grandchildren
    Lisa I quite enjoy your creative descriptions of the crapweasel. Enjoy your trip. The stained glass painting is gorgeous.
    Fourlynne, Carmen, Diane Welcome
    Barbie Sounds like a most beautiful day in Seattle
    Lanette Hope your tomatoes have a warmer day and love the message
    Beth So sorry to hear everything you and your DH are going through <<<hugs>>>
    Becca I often braid my hair into several broads, put them all in a pony, sleep on it and get the best compliments at work
    Ginger I have those same eating patterns from time to time. For me it is something that feels off or missing so I keep eating to fill it but nothing sufficed hence the overeating. I think a lot more about what someone here said about is it worth it for 5 minutes of pleasure. So yes forgive yourself and move on. Love your journal and nearly died laughing at the "eleventy million calories" I am still laughing :D
    Joyce Thanks for sharing your story. I think when we share these types of stories and tell the secrets so much good can happen. Other people come forward. We share our pain together and the world heals a small bit. I am so sorry that happened to you. NO child should ever be treated that way. You are an amazing woman now and by sharing your story; I am sure you have helped many <3
    Katia That is so funny that the company basically told you they are sending short people. Hope it goes well.
    Meg So sorry to hear about Benny <<<hugs>>>
    Karen Love the Olivia video!
    Sue wow what an exciting trip, can't wait to see pics!
    Sharon Are you originally from Grassy Lake?
    NYKaren Beautiful pics

Well thank you all for your support and kinds words. We were extremely lucky that we flooded on the day the the water was at its worst. So the water levels are receding now and I feel safe to leave my house. It was a lot of wet vac work yesterday but from having two major floods in the past, this wasn't too bad. We didn't have to call anyone in, we handled it ourselves so that tells you something. All your prayers helped because it could have been so much worse. As long as it doesn't rain and the river keeps moving swiftly we should be out of danger.

Needless to say I am exhausted but love seeing the dry floor!

Take care everyone!

Sarah, Ontario
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    wow yesterday was just gorgeous and we made the most of it, Tom did the lawn and he washed all 3 cars,, I helped dry, swept and washed floors, and made bar cookies for Tom and did Laundry...I did sit out on the deck and took a quick nap in the chair with sun on my face.. and then went to sleep at 5 last night and slept until 5:45 this morning wow does fresh air do you good.
    Meg~ so sorry to hear about Benny Beagle.. you took such great care of him and always hard losing a fur baby.. just cherish the prescious memories..
    working 9-5 today..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mondays are busy this semester.

Work for half the day.
    Walk to the university.
    Attend classes all afternoon.
    Walk to catch the bus home.
    Walk with my husband to the beach.
    Then ... homework till late.

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Naomi glorious!

Heather you are such a wonderful hostess I know everyone will have a great time.

Ginger love the index card art.

Karen thanks for sharing pictures of former students.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    heather I seem to remember a past party event you hosted-you had that same anticipatory anxiety and the party was a roaring success. With your beautiful grandkids how could it be anything but! DH does sound like a kid whisperer to me, I love being around folks like that! Can't wait to see pics.

NYKAREN
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Dance lessons Saturday, the studio has social dancing on Saturday and I meant to go, but hit a wall of exhaustion and didn't. I may need to have a nap Sat pm to manage it. Quiet Sunday. Found a recipe for lime coconut muffins which turned out well, work today with gym after, 17000 steps today
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 15X 95/105/115/120

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 18X7X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs 30 Day Challenge
    4x10 Squats
    10 push-ups
    4x10 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to take 2-2 mile walks today.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    NY Karen ~ Lovely daughter. :)

ARTISTs ~ You are all so very talented. We have three paint by number pictures that my MnL did many, many years ago that are beautifully framed. They depict New Orleans where my FnL went to school at Tulane back in the 30's. Other than that, our art work is mostly Oriental related framed tapestries and wood block prints.

Pip ~ Your Air Stream looks great. I actually liked the upholstery but guess you want brighter colors.

Meg ~ So sorry for the loss of your beloved Benny.

Joyce ~ Sounds like you had a fun party for your 40 yr old daughter.

Penny ~ I agree with you on the fact that most American children have to have every waking moment filled with activities and electronics. Whenever I look after my two grands, I have to listen to "I'm bored" over and over.

Carol in Ga who wants to scrub her kitchen cabinets and bath tubs but dreads getting down on her knees!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Another great Monday, another flat
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Have you checked your rim tape?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    436227peh2tec0ns.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Just had delivery of my new glossy black electric kettle and the switch has difficulty staying down. I can get it to work, but it doesn't want to stay down. Grrrrrrrrrr! Hate having to go to the bother of returning things via the post office. DH is out doing a big shop. Have to see what he thinks when he gets back. Botheration! :sad:
    Having a delivery of a new garden parasol tomorrow. The old one broke.
    Just made Spinach and Feta Pie. It's in the oven. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS - I've ordered Pokemon decorations for Max's birthday cake. DH is shopping for supplies to make the chocolate fudge cake. It's the same one as I made for all their christenings. Wonderful recipe.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Have you checked your rim tape?

My husband fixes them, I'm sure he has. He's going to get my summer bike out for the season. Get this one maintained and put it away for the year
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Naiomi: The photo is beautiful. What a lovely retreat. :smiley:

Penny: I think you have an excellent insight about kids being happier with device free unscheduled time. The TV always seems to be on at my grandchildren's house. :grumble:

Lisa: I use liquid stevia as sweetener in my coffee. It has not caused any negative outcomes. It also doesn't make coffee very sweet. It is less bitter. I've gotten used to it and like it just fine. Stevia doesn't have any of the negative impacts that artficial sweeteners can cause. :smiley:

Sarah, ON: The pest control company told us they're sending a crew of men from a tribe whose members are small in stature. I can't wait to see them--and get our mess fixed. :smiley:

Pip: Getting your summer bike out is so optimistic, especially after the winter we've had. WTG!!!

Yoga this morning and I hope it is not cancelled. I rely on it! Friday's yoga was cancelled because the gym had no electricity. I was so disappointed. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."