WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• SugarDarlin1959
    SugarDarlin1959 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cheryl: the star at the top beside the bell is Bookmark :)
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am very happy to say that the water has receded significantly from yesterday. It was unusually hot and sunny today and if this continues, the water just may stay in the river where it belongs! Basement is dry so I think we survived!

I took off from work early as my daughters are coming home just for dinner tonight. They go to University about one hour from where I live so it will be great to see them.

Some of my little seedlings are growing so that makes me quite happy indeed.

Take care.

Sarah
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Nice day outside. 69 degrees with a breeze to keep things cool. I decided to do my 1.5 miles around my neighborhood. No treadmill to make me keep a certain pace. Probably good to practice that every few days so I don't go too slowly on "race" day. I need to complete my 5K (3.1 miles) in 60 minutes or I don't get my medal.

ANYWAY...

Today's walk completed in 29 min. and 31 sec. Not good enough to complete my 5K , but definitely good enough that I have a good chance of improving my time by the time walk day arrives.

Feeling Great!

Mia in MI
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Heather - Would it help you to focus on the guest of honor at this birthday party? My attitude is that as long as the guest of honor has a good time the party is a success. Doesn't mean I don't try to make it pleasant for the other attendees. I just focus on making the one person happy and pampered.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Thank you for your good wishes. It was much harder than I anticipated since he had been sick for so long.

Cheryl: I remember you but I forgot the name I used to call you! Welcome back.

Gloomy grey day here, we haven't had much sun at all for the last 3 weeks.

DH has a court appearance Thursday, so please pray for the best outcome possible.

Sorry this is so short; I am on a break from teaching and must get back.

Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Penny - a chocolate chip pizza is just a large 8" round cookie cut like a pizza. It's really good with coffee - and something I have trouble resisting. I should've frozen it.

--Ginger in Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Cheryl - I remember you. <3 Sorry about the ribs! Ouch!

Mia - The guest of honour will be 6 and I guess will be very happy when he sees his Pokemon cake. :D I just wanted to help them out as they've just had Bea's party and they are sooooooooooooo busy. My main worry is the cousin, 5, who is inclined to be hyperactive. Plus my garden is not looking it's best. Never mind. I've ordered bright party plates, cups etc. Just got to get organised. I'm going to make the cake this Wednesday. Hoping for good weather.
    I will get the evening meal prepared in advance as well as DS and family will be staying over.

Did some memoir today, so all is well. Yoga tomorrow.

Calories going well. I'm hungry, but it's time for bed.

Ordered another kettle. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Waving as I run through. Love to all. DJ. Myrtle Beach, SC
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit weekly progress report. Something to build on.

--Ginger in Texas

7lb6gkxy9t6k.png
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Meg, you always and consistently called me Carol. But I always knew if you were saying nice things, then it was about me :)
  • Hydrogurl
    Hydrogurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ginger - I feel your pain - Four days ago I had pizza and it took me until now to get back to where I was - How can one meal put 1.5 pounds on? - likely all the salt I guess but ugh. I feel really aweful as I have not had bread in like a month...well now I have not had bread in 4 days...set me back it did but I am moving forward again all is fine. I will recover - cookies are also difficult for me and freezing is not help as I like em frozen just fine. Just reside myself to never buying. Fortunately DH never shops (the good) so I can only blame myself (the bad)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    evening Ladies~
    wow a stunner of a day, had to work until 5 but have the windows open whooo hooo, the birds are singing..
    worked hard today.. will check in in the am
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Had a humongous salad for lunch salad that had bacon, turkey, hard boiled eggs, cheese , tomatoes, and a sprinkling of fried onion bits. That with some salad greens. The only saving grace was that it was fairly low carb. I never realized tomatoes had so many carbs. The dressing was a lite ranch. So, I suffered most of the afternoon but feel better now. Tomorrow is another day! :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: We just had hail here this afternoon. The sun was shining earlier. Glad I had finished feeding horses for the afternoon. Hail on the metal roof of the barn is not nice. Will have to go out and check our new blueberries and tomatoes to see how they did in the hail. I was the only one at yoga this morning so they did not have class and I just did my own thing. Eating is going well today.

Sarah - I am glad your basement cleanup is going well.

Barbi - Sounds like you had a wonderful day in Seattle.

Beth - Hope things go well at the orthopedist and other problems work out.

Meg - So sorry you lost Benny. He hung in there for a long time. Prayers for you and your DH.

Pip - Twinkie is looking good.

Cheryl - I remember you. Your current horse looks a lot like mine except that mine is still very fuzzy and shedding like crazy. If I remember right you have a standard poodle too. Welcome back!!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Hydrogurl
    Hydrogurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Karen, I read what you said to Ginger and I think you are spot on - I had the pizza at a time when I was really hungry (was out and about) and thus it looked exceptionally good (where I would have looked at the dripping grease and ran normally) I think being hungry and not having something available (my case) is key (hmmm I should have learned this already) - thanks for that !
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    grogers511 wrote: »
    I got my Fitbit weekly progress report. Something to build on.

--Ginger in Texas

7lb6gkxy9t6k.png

I love getting my weekly Fitbit readout too!

Cheri
    in sunny College Station, TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Cheryl, I remember you. I'm sorry to hear about your fall and your broken ribs. My best friend in line dance fell from her horse in December, broke several ribs and a bone in her spine, and after surgery, is still walking with a cane and has no idea when she'll be riding or dancing again. I'm glad to see you back and hope to see you regularly.

:)Sue in WA we had sun followed by hail here, too. The hail started a few minutes after I took the dogs on their afternoon walk.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheryl: I remember you well. I wrote a post in response to yours and can't find it. I must have done something wrong when I posted and it went into outer space. Your current photos show you on a horse that reminds me of the last one I saw of you on horseback back when. I remember thinking it was an Arab. Is it the same horse? I think you look like you're happy and enjoying life in the photo.

At the top of the thread is a white star. If you click on it, it turns yellow. That shows you have created a bookmark. After that click on the gray star at the top of the Community page and you should find yourself returned to your own last post. :bigsmile:

Raccoon mess, droppings, vapor barrier and insulation are all gone. YAY!!!!! Tomorrow they'll install new insulation, new vapor barrier, and hook our furnace ducts back up. I can hardly wait to feel heat in our upstairs bedrooms. It has been a cold, cold winter inside our house. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart: