WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Meg so sorry about Benny

Pip those curtains will look great in your airstream.
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Meg - so sorry for your loss.
    Mia - I've wanted to take a glass class for years. There's a studio nearby offering classes. Think I'll plan it fir the fall.
    Sue - sounds like a nice trip. Can wait to see pics.
    Pip - the Airstream looks nice! And roomy too. I love the fabric you chose for curtains. It'll sure brighten up your space.
    Beth - I can empathize with the knee problem. I've had my right knee scoped after torn meniscus. But I've been on NSAIDs for years for arthritis in it. And if I move it a certain way - ugh! My sister had her's replaced. No more problem for her.
    Sarah - sorry about the flooded basement. That sucks. Flood cleaning should burn eleventy million calories.
    Janet - beautiful granddaughter. Love her dress.
    Lisa - love the work-in-progress. Hope you'll share the finished product.
    Joyce - love the grands art work. Such creativity with the puzzle and MOTHER. And I recognize the influence of Van Gogh's The Starry Night. One of my favorite artists.
    Welcome FourLynne62 and Carmen!!

Thank you for the nice words about my arty stuff. I enjoy it. I need to make time for more.

Lanette and Karen - thanks for your comments. It's so helpful to get support here. It was just one day. I'm moving on from it. Hoping it doesn't screw me out if the 270s... but if it does.... it will only be temporary.

--Ginger in Texas

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That's accurate for all of you, actually. This thread is a continual wellspring of hope, support and examples of who I want to be when I grow up. Since I'm 57, I should probably start looking into doing that soon. :wink:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas

Nooooooo! Never grow up, Lisa! I, myself, am a Toys R Us kid!

Oooooh Gorgeous painting!

xo

Re in TX (not quite yet a blast furnace, but soon...)
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Good morning! I have been trying to find a 50s group and this shows up! I not only want, but need to get healthy and lose weight. I work hard, have wonderful children and grandchildren, a husband and a crazy dog that keeps my life full. Now to incorporate time to take care of my health. Not always easy....hoping to find support and encouragement to keep me going in the right direction.

Lynne, Honey...

you are over 50 years old. Time to learn to be a little selfish. Getting healthier only makes you better able to take care of all the wonderful loves in your life... You won't regret it!

Welcome!

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Knees ... it must be the season of knee problems.

Sigh. I was in the ER last night unable to put weight on my knee.

Beth in a chair near Buffalo

Oh, Beth! I am so sorry. The knee club isn't one that I like to welcome anyone into.

But, on the bright side, Physical Therapy is a GREAT lower body workout.

Hugs!!!

Re in TX

• IremiaRe
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Lanette - there's no place around here where you can take a dead or even older TV. Everyone wants only flatscreens

It's supposed to be nice weather next week so Vince actually suggested that we'll start opening the pool. YYYYEEEAAAAA

Michele in NC

Michele;

Once a year, the City of Allen has a day where you can bring your old TV's, computer monitors, other largish dead appliances and they will dispose of them. This year - those trucks were stuffed FULL of old tube televisions.

Gratz on opening the pool!!

Hugs!

Re in TX
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Off to bed - busy day tomorrow.

Hugs to everyone.

Paula Y
  • IremiaRe
    edited April 2017
    Options
    la8ydi wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!! I'm Diane - not quite 50 yet, but will be in August. I'm from Howell, Michigan. Long story short, I had been on a great run - lost 36 pounds...4 away from my goal. I had a bad break-up then a job loss. Right before Christmas, I started spiraling out of control. I've gained about 20 pounds back and I'm SO ANGRY with myself. I need to stop beating myself up and move forward. I need motivation and support. I just feel so BLAH about everything. My daughters (23 & 20) and I are going on a cruise the end of June for my birthday...that is my biggest motivation. I went swimsuit shopping last weekend and just about cried. ANYWAY...thanks for any support!!!! Oh...my goals for the rest of April: get off of the couch! Take my dog for a walk daily. Stop eating so much junk. Lose 3 pounds. :-)

There's an OLD saying... "There's no sense in crying over spilt milk." It's done, you can't undo it, except by moving on. You know what you need to do... and you know you CAN do it - because you did it before... You got this, as one of our fabulous ladies is wont to say.
    Welcome to a great group. Put your readers on and dive in...

Hugs!!

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Benny Beagle passed over the Rainbow Bridge at 2:50 today. Meg from Omaha

Oh, Meg... I am sorry.

Hugs!!!

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    pyanko7 wrote: »
    Off to bed - busy day tomorrow.

Hugs to everyone.

Paula Y

Hugs back at ya, Paula!

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Well, Girls;

Not much going on. My friend yanked on somebody's chain in HR and I finally got word back to do the pre-interview tests required - so I am working on that.

Hopefully, I pass... LOL.

Did the pool thing this weekend. I always feel so great when I am done. I am looking forward to my vacation, in May - when I will go hang out at my Moms and swim in her pool every day. My whole focus will be - pool in the morning, cook the main meal of the day (they eat at lunch) and then gym at night.

Last time I went there, I lost four pounds. Not sure how much of that is exercise and how much is just that I get enough SLEEP when I am on vacation.... I just wish I had more time for that, round here.

So... I am off to see what I can do about getting a little rest.

Goodnight, my Friends.

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Meg - Sorry about Benny Beagle. I know it is heartbreaking to lose a 'fur-baby'.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heather - Thanks for your kind words. You are always an inspiration to me. I love to walk in nature, so good for the soul.

Kate - Watching horses run is one of my favourite things.

Karen in Virginia - Not sure that I can become an officiant as there has to be a need in the community. Lethbridge is not listed as having an opening.
    I'm trying to get more photos posted but life keeps getting in the way.
    Olivia's new booties are so cute.

NY Karen - Have you started any new medication? Last time I had hives it was because of a drug interaction.

Chris in MA - Ooh, a date. Give us the scoop.

Sarah - So sorry that your basement flooded.

Penny - Enjoy those grandchildren.

Lisa - The vacation sounds like a good plan. Enjoy the family

Barbie - Sounds like a near perfect day with the exception of Jake not being able to share in it.

Beth - I wish things were better for you. Sending prayers and knowing that you will work it out.

Meg - It's hard to lose our fur babies. I hope you can take comfort in the thought that Benny Beagle will be happily chasing rabbits on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Sue - It sounds as if you are on an interesting cruise. Enjoy!!!

It was my fault that we were late for the gift opening. I was convinced it was at 1 p.m. and I was wrong. 11 a.m. We got out there, gave the gift, had some snacks and visited. Larry just wanted me to let everyone know I was wrong. I finally told him to just put it on the radio.

Larry was a little cranky, sore and very tired this morning. Hmmmm......could it be a hang over? No, he's just tired , has a headache and feels nauseous.

I took the DGDs to "Ballerina" with Jheri. I really enjoyed it and the girls stared intently at the screen. Keira was going home to work on her plie and her pirouette. It's not very interactive but I think it is good once in a while.
    Now to see "Beauty and the Beast". Larry slept while I was at the movie. We took Chico for a walk but my ankle was giving me grief before we finished.

It was a friend's birthday today. I was going to call but felt too fuzzy to focus. Putting in on my list for tomorrow.

Need to be diligent about food intake , sleep and physical activity. I'm ready to walk, ride my bike, etc.

Looking forward to going to Grassy Lake for Easter supper. I will be able to go see my Mom and Dad at the cemetery.

-Sharon in Lethbridge (the weekend has been good)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Gloria - Um, I live in Norway, not the Netherlands. You're not far off on happiness, though. Norway was recently declared the happiest country in the world, though not specifically for kids. I suspect two of the main obstacles to kids' happiness in the western world today are that they lack unscheduled time, and device-free time. As I see it, kids need opportunities to be bored, so they use their imaginations.

Pip - That's neat compact living!

Ginger - What is a chocolate chip cookie pizza? It sounds foul and totally resistable to me, so I must be missing something about what it's made of. :wink:

Ooops! I'd only just cranked up my computer and started reading posts and taking notes when the grandchildren descended on me. I'll have to stop before they've finished inhaling breakfast.

Progress on goals for April:

500 g veggies on 15 days (ø ø ø ø o o o o o o o o o o o)
    Jog a total of 100 km - hampered by backache :cry: (3.7/100: o o o o o o o o o o)
    Be lighter at the end of the month (down 0.3 kg first week)

/Penny, busy-busy at the North Pole
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options

Machka9 – Don’t have to ‘close out’ of a program/app, such as MFP to get information from another search engine. It pops up and I can see things like, ‘what word describes sitting in yoga positions’ and it will throw up several pages I can check out; and click on it and it will take me to several locations, like opening up Google; but, still keeping my other apps/programs running. Yeah, ‘close out’ like “X-ing” out of a program to go look something up. I’m sure you can do that with Google; I have just not had too good of a time getting back to the program I am using. Use it a lot when I am working in Excel and/or Word.

You don't have to close out of a program to look something up. :)

I often have Word, Excel, a pdf, a photography processing program, multiple tabs open in Chrome including MFP, Google, and several other things open all at once. I just go from one to another as desired.

Sometimes I'll even have two instances of one program open ... like MFP for example. If I want to copy something from one place to another within MFP, I'll open MFP twice and do it that way.

The only time I close out of a program is when I'm done with it or if I'm restarting my computer.

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies it was not a good weekend eating wise, you know me, I'm fine until I get the wine induced munchies. Thank goodness it's only once or twice a week. Anyway will do exercise and go for a walk this afternoon and make healthy choices for meals.
    Have caught up on all the posts, we really are a chatty group, welcome to all our newbies

LANETTE - I had one eye done and it's fine haven't needed to wear my glasses

BARBIE - sounds like you had a great day out with your friend

LISA - you are so talented the peacock painting is gorgeous

HEATHER - Bea is wonderful as always

BETH - sorry to hear about your knee hope it improves soon

KAREN - loved the nestcam vid Olivia is so cute and looks so well

JANET - glad to hear Mia is doing so well

Kate UK
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning, from Maryland! I am getting an early start thanks to my crazy dog, lol. It is going to be a tough work week for me because we have a few out due to their children being on spring break. I'm covering for them. Plans for the week: I started Hello Fresh to bring some consistency with meal planning for at least my dinner meals.
    With our schedules, we tend to eat on the run or fast food which is not healthy. Eventually, I will move away from Hello Fresh and plan/cook meals on my own, but right now this helps. I'm planning to take a 30 minute walk today or break it up today into ten minute breaks. Its supposed to be nice weather, so I hope to take advantage of it! I'm just starting out, so little changes in the right direction! Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone and I hope each of you have a blessed day!