WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I would say good Sunday afternoon but I hurt to much. My belly is still hurting some but I am wondering if it is because I am not eating enough. I'm a little afraid to eat because I never know what it is going to do to my bowels. I finally ate a very small bowl of 1% cottage cheese with some crushed pineapple and 2 crackers. That's all I have had today. And the bursitis in my legs is killing me. With the medicine I take at night, the legs don't hurt much. But I jsut didn't sleep well. Every time I turned over, it hurt my back and my belly was always hurting. Just a little bit but I knew it was there. Maybe I am feeling it because I know it 'might' be there and I am just paranoid. So no church this morning. I tried to take a nap this afternoon but the bursitis prevented that. I finally gave up this afternoon and took some Aleve. I'm glad tomorrow is my appointment with my doctor. I just wish I could have a colonoscopy. Sounds silly, a person wishing they could have one.

Well enough for Joyce, AKA Debbie downer in Indiana where the sky is a beautiful blue outside my new window
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Joyce - I hope you feel better! That is not a fun way to feel. Especially wanting to get the dreaded colonoscopy! (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

Plyometrics exercises- 13min, 3sets of 10each, single leg toe touches, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, 150mhr = 151c
    bosu ball- 40min 3sets of 16ea, 6 different exercises, 161mhr, = 337c

total cal 488
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Ginger: I hope the eye surgery works well and you don't have problems again. :heart:

Arlene Schrader1: Welcome to a great group of supportive women! We have several members from Washington, but most are on the west side of the Cascades as far as I know. Good luck finding a good walking partner. Some of us walk with our dogs. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I applaud your willingness to try something on your own and envy the confidence to do it. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Joyce: (((HUGS)))

I went out to the stable and watched the cutting horse training session for a while. Chasing the fake cow up and down the arena looked like a lot of fun. I enjoyed watching but got cold and came home before they were all done. There may be another set of days with this trainer again later this spring. I'll talk to Arrow's owner about it and see what she thinks about the possibility of me using him to take the class. She may want to do it herself, although she didn't seem that enthused. I also need to find out how much the class costs.

Has anyone used "duo" to chat with friends or family? I've only just heard about it from my daughter.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Katla- a fake cow! They only use real cows where my daughter rides. I can't even picture using a fake cow. Can you video that and post it?

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    So last nights meal was a small carton of instant hash browns that you just add water and wait. They're only $1 and I paired it with 4 ozs of beef kelbasa. Then I tossed 3 eggs (Easter sale and cartons were only 99 cents each! My husband said, "You mixed the scrambled eggs WITH the kelbasa?" I said, yep I sure did! They scarfed down every last bite! I had a bit of the hash browns with two eggs. No kelbasa.

I rec'd an Asian salad kit when I volunteered at the senior luncheon, so I had that for lunch today. Tonight will be cube steak again, except they shall only get one piece each. I rec'd some mini loaves of some such other bread, that you have to bake, so I will fix that, with some noodles. Maybe a salad for the teenager. We already had our salad, husband and I.

This upcoming Monday, my son shall be honored along with others by the local brothers of the Masonic Lodge. Our dinner is $10 for each of us, with son being free. (That is our weeks worth of food money right there), but we have to attend. The meal is prime rib, which neither of us is fond of, but we want to honor our amazing, smart son, so we attend! They had a salad, and rolls, and baked potato so we will pig on that.. lol Plus some sort of dessert. We have been attending since his Freshman year, and its nice to see his hard work recognized. My sons name is Owain and is pronounced like Owen. But every year the principal always pronounces it O-WAYNE, which if he does it this year I will have to bite my cheek and not embarrass my son... lol!!

Oye....my husband and I giggled until I almost pee'd my pants!! His "creative banking" skills are so crazy!!! I am trying to balance, and he took out an extra $10 in a grocery bill, for laundry. So he makes a little notation next to my mental withdraw in the checkbook of $24 for laundry for the month. So he puts the $24 back in, then takes out $10..... I am trying to wrap my brain around where this stupid $10 came from. He is trying to justify it, and we are giggling....!!!! Silly man!!! Its back in, and so we have $29. in the account now for this last week!

Husband hid my Amazon Fire Tablet...... Yesterday I was on it a bit... and he said I can always use his computer, which I am doing now. The tablet isn't really great for my eyes. I will be on it, playing my games and then when I try to look at the TV guide on the TV screen, its all fuzzy to me. Eye strain.....

Becca
    Oregon

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone new!

Ginger - thank you for that great explanation. I get my eyes checked every year

I have a recipe for the wafers at communion at church. I'll take some with me tomorrow when I go to count the collection and see what our pastor says. Then I'll send some to the pastor at the church where Denise is getting married to ask him if I can make them. I did find that I really do need a 1-1/2" cookie/biscuit cutter, tho. I used one of those melon baller-type things, and you just get the impression from the part that pushes the melon/cookie dough out. But that really only affects the appearance. If and when I get biscuit/cookie cutters, it'll be a much sharper cut.

I've been asking Vince to go thru this filing cabinet that we had since we moved here. I've only been asking him for 10 years now. Well, today I pulled it out, the drawers opened. It looks like there are old tax papers in there. So now he has to go thru them to see if there's anything that we need to keep. The rest we'll have to have shredded. I have it out right by his Genesis so we'll see if he moves it or just goes thru it like I'd like him to. Maybe what I'll need to do is bring those papers into the house and just throw out that filing cabinet (it got badly dented in the move down here)

We also went to pick up the Hallmark Dreambook. I've been looking for different ceramic bisq (like I need more to work on!). I found this mushroom-person that I'm thinking might be cute out by the pool. Only the picture shows it in beige and I really want to stay away from beiges. I'm thinking an orange mushroom-man. Any ideas, gals?

pip - happy happy early birthday!!!

meg - believe me, that permetherin really and truly does the job at keeping those chiggers away. The worst part, I think, is that they can get under your pants under your socks, and you don't even know it until the itching starts. Here you think you've taken all the precautions you possibly could, and you still get them. That permetherin spray is stuff you spray on your clothes (you have to do it outside) really keeps them away. And the cream really helps to keep them away.

Joyce - hope you get better real fast

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    thanks exermom!

nite peeps
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka (sorry I can’t find your first name) good for you on the bicycling. You and Pip excel in that department-definitely keeps you gals in great shape!

That's my name. :) It's what I've been called for the last 15 years or so.

lhscapil wrote: »
    I was tested for allergies about ten years ago and have a ton of them, they wanted me to take shots. I declined and the allergies actually weren’t much of a problem for a number of years. Recently, I think the wet weather has produced a lot of fungus and molds my system wasn’t used to.

I've been in a desensitisation program for the last 2 or 3 years. It started with shots once a week for the first year or so, and then went to shots once a month. I think I'm nearing the end of that, and will likely to go quarterly shots or something.

It seems to be working.

My main allergy is dust mites, so I also take steps to reduce the chances of dust mites in the house, like washing everything with Eucalyptus detergent and using hot water, spraying the carpets with Eucalyptus spray, etc. When I was diagnosed, I washed all my clothing and all the bedding. Everything was clean, but it had all been in storage for a while (we had been travelling and moving for a couple years) and I found I was experiencing reactions every time I put something on.

Last Christmas I had a bad reaction ... I figure it was all the dusty decorations at home, at work, and everywhere!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    Hello, I see here some posts from Washington, I live in Grand Coulee. Anything from somewhere near to me would be helpful. I walk the North Dam some days. Does anyone here have any other ideas?

:) I figured out a long time ago that if I waited for someone to walk with me. I'd never get out of the house so I started walking with something to listen to. Now I am never alone

:) Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Got home late Thursday and still having jet lag issues. Time difference is 12 hours so it may take awhile to sort out. Read a lot of pages tonight and hope I got a good idea of what it's going on in All of your lives.
    Will try to post more photos soon. Lots of laundry to catch up m.
    Sue B Dew happy to be home in TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Saturday's Progress (4/22)
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B7, L12, D70, BBS 20 = 110g)
    2. Fiber 30g (21g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    ✔️6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    ✔️8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, ✔️Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, ✔️Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.

Had a carb rich bowl of Raisin Bran cereal and a banana for supper. Cratered my carb count. But I'm okay with it.

Busy day today cleaning house.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs to Everyone!

Paula Y.