WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Katla - Thanks for the quote on stress.

DJ - Congratulation on being the Member of the Year.
    I am sure there would be a lot of laughter if we all went cruising together.

Joyce - I hope you feel better soon

Karen in Virginia - So glad to hear that Jilli is better now. Quite a scare.

Watched a movie at home this morning with DH. We never do this as he is usually deciding that there is some type of work that we just have to get done. It was about Bessie Smith and quite interesting.

DD is getting her 2nd bathroom done. It doesn't surprise me that DSIL is finally working on it because he wants to sell the house. It will be nice for them to have a 2nd bathroom. It should have been done years ago. Most of the work is being done by friends. She has slowly accumulated all the supplies for this herself. I don't want them to move even if it is just to another part of the city. Yes, I know that is selfish but it's the truth.

We took the recycling, worked in the trailer, dropped the dog off at DS and then went to the movie with friends.
    Fate of the Furious. Whole lot of action and very little real acting. My DH enjoyed the cars and could name them all, our friend enjoyed the guns and could name them all. We went out for coffee after the movie and talked about their upcoming trip across to Nova Scotia.

Took the dog for a walk and watched some television.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,901 Member
    Options
    joany51 wrote: »
    Hi Friends. Been on fitness pal for one week. Down only 1 lb. but Im working on it. I will Never, Never Never give up! Have a great night All!!! :)

I signed up here, meticulously weighed and logged everything, and remained within my 1250 cal limit.

For 10 days ....... I lost nothing.

And then on the 11th day, I started losing weight.

So if you're doing 1 lb in a week, you're doing well. :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,712 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    went to sleep at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, not wanting to listen to Mr Crabby Pants and was awake at 2:30 a.m. , gonna go wash my hair and get my lunch together working 9-5 today.. Hope everyone had a great weekend
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pamfgil ~ I can just picture you getting off the train and heading to work on your scooter. :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    LuAnn ~ Welcome!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Lisa love the pictures!

Heather safe travels and think it is great that you are striking out on your own.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 15X 95/105/115/120

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 20X7X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs 30 Day Challenge
    Rest Day Squats
    24 push-ups
    85 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to be on the road most of the day so I will take an evening walk.

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 24th-May20th
    Everyone has great goals! We have a great group of people working together to support and inspire each other!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Chilly 48f this morning. I did 30 minutes on my exercise peddler! Yeah me!

Leigh My leg is a bit painful if I stand or walk too much. The swelling is going down but the doctor said that it takes a long time after the blood clot.
    The Black Forest cake sounds yummy!

Kate I glad you are taking care of your eye appointments. I need to do that too. It's been 3 years. Last springs my puppy grabbed my glasses off my night table and scratched them and I had to have the lenses replaced. Cost $500 for progressive lenses. That dog!!

Lisa What Lake are you staying on? Lake Hamilton is just a block from our place, so many lakes in Arkansas. I hope you have a lovely time here!

LuAnn Welcome! I love the group. Friendly and helpful. I look forward to reading the posts everyday.

Mary Way to go!! I wish I could get more exercise. I'm trying with my peddler but with back surgery last year and a recent blood clot it's been difficult to get moving.

Joany51 Sorry I don't know your name. Way to go on your weight loss! Keep it up!

Marcelyn Nothing worse than chiggers. That's one reason I don't go down by our creek. I don't appreciate those things at all! You know one female can get on you, then little spread out from her. You can't see them except if the female has a bunch of babies on her then you'll see a tiny orange dot. Creepy bugs. They burrow into your skin! I'll stop there! Ugh!!

I guess I'll go back in the house it's getting chilly outside! Have a great day!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Dana- Thank you! Any type of exercise that gets you moving will be a benefit! Sorry to hear about your back surgery and blood clot! That definitely does change the course of exercise! Barbie recently had back surgery and can relate to your circumstances.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: I have no video of the fake cow for now, but I think he'll be doing another clinic here in a few weeks. It looks like a black and white Angus/Hereford stuffed toy. It hangs from a long "clothesline" that runs the length of the arena, and is moved back and forth by remote control. I've seen TV horse trainers use a similar device many times, but they've just had a white flag on the line, not a stuffed toy. My teacher has two horses. One worked the first day of the clinic and the other worked the second day. I took lessons on the one who worked second day until recently, and he was awesome at the clinic. (He is awesome all of the time.) He was totally focused and I have no doubt he'd do great with live cows. :bigsmile:

Becca: You are a brilliant money manager. We like to have breakfast for dinner regularly. It is good, quick, and easy to make. :smiley:

DJ: Enjoy your cruise and tell us all about it. :star:

Joany51: "Never give up" is just the right attitude. :wink:

Karen in VA: Good news about Jilli! Yay!!! :bigsmile:

Sharon in Lethbridge: We haven't been to a movie since the Star Wars with Carrie Fischer came out. We'll be very likely to go to the next one, even without her. We also like movies based on Marvel Comics. :star:

Lisa: What a beautiful spot! I love the family pics, too. :flowerforyou:

Pamafgill: I haven't ridden a scooter since I can't even remember when. Yours looks like fun. :laugh:

LuAnn in Dallas: Welcome! :smile:

Kate UK: It sounds like you had both of your eyes done at once. DH had one done, then the second a month later. He was directed to use medicated drops for a period of time with each eye, and he still needs prednisone drops in the second eye. I'm sure the drops are helping him heal. :heart:

Yoga today! Yay!!!! I need to stretch out. I am very hopeful to ease some aches and pains that I earned standing in the cold at the stable while watching the cutting horse clinic. 100% of the clinic students were women, and it was a mix of twenty-somethings and women 50+.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."