• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    KJ - fabulous pic. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Dana ~ It definitely sounds like your mom has dementia/alzheimers. My mom's cousin and my mom had done everything together for years. Then she started doing weird things like wearing two different shoes and wandering to the neighbor's in the middle of the night and going to the bank with some men who had worked around her house and withdrawing money. At that my point, a relative who had never had anything to do with her convinced her to move in with them. They had never even been to her house before. She stayed with them, had a full time attendant and died within 18 months. The relative got everything she had and moved into her house. She had been very well off and I am sure they ended up with a lot of money plus her beautiful colonial house and many antiques and jewelry.

Kelly ~ The only way I can remember how to pronounce your grandson's name is to know how Kelly Rippa pronounces her son's. He is very cute!

Pip ~ I hope this is about the job change and that it will work out for you. But, if it is something else, I'm sending your hugs.

I am so very proud of myself! I finally got the house vacuumed and the kitchen floor mopped. Because of my bad knee and bruised rib, it was impossible until today. My knee is aching but I have decided I will just have to live with it. Now, I really need to scrub the tubs and tiles in the bathrooms. Getting down to do it is so difficult.

Carol in GA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Thursday's Progress (4/27)
    ✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L9, D26, BBS25= 61g)
    2. Fiber 30g (24g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔️4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    ✔️6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, ✔️Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, ✔️Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care

Today... is a flurry of activity. And... frustration. Deep breathing...

-- Ginger in Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Thanks for your kind words about our apartment. Its very small (950 sq ft), so we are limited to how our furniture will fit. Add the complications of where the cable box and internet plugs are, its frustrating!

Yep our son is at the left end in a blue shirt Katla. We just picked up the local newspaper "Columbia Press", and their pic is in there! Gotta love small town media! They listed his name, in the correct order, and spelled correctly!

Today we went shopping for sugar and spaghetti sauce.... Both son and husband like their cups of tea/coffee sweet! I have planned meals until the 11th. Our senior day shopping is the 1st Tuesday of the month, so I have planned meals until 11th, with our first of two food bank visits on the 13th. I planned out a meal with pork chops, because I love them with, peas, and mashed potatoes & gravy!

I took stock of the pantry, the freezer, and the frig. I have a lot more items I realized but most are foods that need an accompanied item. Some are meals that only serve one person, so I will play chef those nights!

My husband made me red beans & rice ( from a packet but good), so need to log. Hugs!
    Becca

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My windows are in!!!!!! They will be installed Monday. The guy who does the scheduling called today. I could tell that the person in the office let him know my frustration and dissatisfaction. He explained to me that the scheduler does not give any kind of call until he knows the windows have arrived. So I told him that communication is key. When I am told that they take 10 to 14 days to come in and it is now 16 days, yes I am frustrated. Monday at noon they will be installed unless the weather is bad and there is that chance.

Dana, so sorry you are going through all this and have been for awhile.

Heather, I don't know how some one can live life 'on the edge' of legality in so many ways and not be anxious. They have involved their entire family in it which then passes that anxiety onto their children.

I have made my husbands day. He has been sitting and as he says, squeezing his brain, to remember how many songs he knows in Karaoke. He knew his list just wasn't the same as it used to be but he couldn't squeeze anymore out. I knew one time I had put them all somewhere on my desk top. Sometimes I can find the document, sometimes I can't. So today I sat down and found it. My printer ink is empty so I can't print it out so he is righting it all down. Plus it is keeping him quiet and he isn't cussing about anything.

Becca, love that lamp in your living room. Your husbands chair doesn't look green, it does look comfy.

Joyce, Indiana where I have my living room window open. The cat is enthralled over the swaying shears.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Our lamps make us think nautical !
    Becca
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beautiful flowers
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,726 Member
    Options
  • seasonsofjoy
    seasonsofjoy Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OH! Those amazing flowers!!!! Love the Clematis, I used to have one. Cannot grow it here in the Phoenix area.
    Nancy in AZ
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Becca I love the clematis! I so wish I could grow it here but the intensity of our summers just kill it. I had lovely clematis when I lived in Illinois and miss it (and the tulips which I can't grow here either!)

Marcelyn
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Pip – Got ‘cha on my mind, hope everything works out ok for you.

Kelly – I think that is great that he will grow up bi-lingual. It will be a plus for him later on in his life.

Dana and Carol – That sounds exactly like was DH’s daughter did. Been 10 years since. I did send her a letter asking if she would send me some pictures of DH and DBnL (so they can see the familial resemblance in his great-granddaughter). Maybe putting it ‘that way’ she will respond. I also asked if she would consider sending me the painting I did for my DMnL, which I did not sign, the framer noticed it. DMnL would never let me take it back home with me and I never remembered to take my paints down there. I guess what I should have done was buy a tube and a brush and do it that way. Step-daughter is an ‘art major’ and I would ‘think’ she would understand why I want to ‘sign’ it. She’s probably signed it as it was done by her, maybe which is why she won’t send it. But, it … letter is my very small piece of an ‘olive branch’; but, I don’t expect any response. But, I also believe that Karma will come bite her in the @$$ for how she treated everybody.

Dana – Windows World put in our glass on our porch; they are supposed to call and come by and do something about the pieces of wood that hold them in. Both DH and I were quite uphappy that they put them up without being primed or stained first and you can see the raw wood if you look out of the windows. They have warped on a couple of windows. That just isn’t satisfactory. I might be the one who ends up staining and painting them. I understand why they can’t use quarter-round; but, for some reason, that is what I had in my mind of being done. Too easy to break the windows if they hit it wrong. They had to replace one they cracked when installing them. They had to be measured and cut special because they were not regular sizes or none of them were the same width; we’re still going to have to insulate the walls and floors, then figure out what we need to do to keep the temperature on the same line as the house. A/C man said that for about $350, he can cut in a new trunk from the unit and then put in 2 grates; said it would be less taxing on unit doing it that way than pulling off the existing one in the bedroom.

Becca - That is a beautiful, is it Clematis? I really need to work in my flower bed; so much seems to be stunted. I want DH to ‘dig it up’ and then let me separate the bulbs and put them in groups. But, we have not really had enough rain for the ground to be soft. Love the wildflowers, too. That is something else that I want him to do, till up an area so I can plant some perennials out in front of our LR window. I already have a big bag of seeds. I planted Shasta daisies and they come up and spread every year. Love the pansies; but, down here in South Georgia it is too hot for them, we usually see them in the Fall.

Lenora
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs everyone
    Paula y