WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Carol and Lenora - love The Train. I'll be stealing this one.

--Ginger in Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    It sure would be cool if this app would allow you to reply to each comment like Facebook does. It's hard to follow everyone and reply.
    Don't you think!

Dana Yes I agree, that would be a lot easier. :)

Janetr OKC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi all! A quick jump on!
    Carol and Lenora- The Train! Beautiful poem and beautiful analogy of life. I will be copying and keeping! Thank you for sharing!
    Janet- hugs to you and your DH! <3
    Heather- Sorry to hear of your adventure/misadventure. It is so hard to be that friend that tells it like it is. Most times people need to hear it, but it is hardly ever welcomed by the "hearer". Hopefully she will eventually take your words with the intent that they were given. As a help, to point out something that perhaps, needs her attention and correction. Sorry about your fall. Hope the wine helped! >:) Home must certainly feel wonderful.
    Meg- be kind to yourself. You just have to dust yourself off, wash the smell of pizza off your fingers and get back on the "taking care of me" wagon! Love and hugs to you!
    Mary-Wowsa! I think I had a Barbie doll who looked like you! :*
    NYKaren- Sending good vibes and warm thoughts! o:)
    Dana- I long for a comment section after each entry! I ALWAYS forget who I need/want to respond to. Love your pics by the way! Inspirational!
    Machka- Look at you! That is an amazing sequence of pictures! You must get so much gratification from looking at them and thinking of the work that you put into getting into healthy physical condition! Rah! B)

I am feeling all of my days (and then some). One of my boys decided to paint himself with poo this morning. :/ He is potty training and he missed (big time)! Then a couple of other skirmishes between the boys, dissolving into hand to hand combat and angry tears. Definitely close to the end of the week.
    Oh well, I think I will contact DD and see if she can get me a new pic (or better yet) video of Joaquin. He always makes me feel better!
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, everyone!

I've had a very productive morning (so unlike me lately): did a one hour deep water workout, quick trip into Ulta for mascara, took 7 bags of clothes/shoes to local thrift store. then home for a delicious healthy lunch instead of just odds and ends. I work later today from 4 to 9.

Pip - One day I think you will take off and ride to the moon and back! You are an inspiration!

Mary - You look marvelous! I am proud of you and your determination.

Lisa - thinking of you and the new job....

Machka - Thank you for the before and after pictures. You have worked hard to get to this healthy point!

Heather - so sorry about the bum arm. Good for you for doing some exercising. I think success comes from pursuing health inspite of our circumstances.

Margaret - happy you are looking forward to your long term assignment in K.

Kelly - Oh, poo, poo, poo on that little stinker!

NYKaren - Sending prayers your way.

Carol - love the train ride you took us on!

Meg, Allie and others facing challenges - you are on my heart and in my prayers today

Welcome, Nancy! This is a great place to be.

Toni in Tennessee
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    I'm turning over the idea of drawing a line under that friendship. I have tried to avoid her and have been somewhat successful in doing so, but my other two friends set great store by the foursome.
    One nice thing was that this friend had been turning out the attic and had retrieved lots of old school magazines with our names in and some local newspaper features of us in our Drama incarnations. Great fun. :D I have asked her for copies.
    But she is not the kind of person I would go anywhere near nowdays. I don't approve of her lifestyle and her husband's wheeling and dealing very close to the wind. Then she has the gall to moan endlessly about all the trouble she has managing his shenanigans. :sad: :sad: I'm afraid I just told her, very angrily, that she was colluding in his money laundering and she only has herself to blame for her "stress" at having to manage it all. He is swanning it in Gibraltar, which is a tax haven and is a tax exile and has had many affairs over the years. They may not even be married properly as it was a rush job in Abu Dhabi in a Sharia court to legalise her first child over there. They are not Muslims, just ordinary English people.
    All this is a very long way from how I wish to live my life. Yes, she is a sad woman, but her inability to make healthy and moral choices just infuriates me. Plus she goes on about it all the time, when she isn't talking about her ridiculously co-dependent children (who have also had his money laundered through them in terms of houses bought for them) It is sick.
    She says "oh, he is allergic to paying tax" . How people can be corrupted by money. I won't even stay in the million pound flats and houses. I paid for my own hotel.
    So, now you know how I lost my temper in the restaurant. We managed to change the subject and resumed a pleasant enough evening, but it was a repeat performance of last time we were all together.
    Sorry to write an epistle. :s:s

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Yo.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,600 Member
    Options
    Off to the moon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    NYKaren ... praying that all is well.

Machka and Mary ... wow! Just wow!

Toni ... glad your son is being supportive.

Heather ... Keeping my mouth closed is sometimes the biggest accomplishment of the day ... just sayin' ...hope you're less sore today.

Allie ... do you have someone you trust who could advise you on your finances?

Beth near Buffalo

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Beth, yes I could talk to my SIL she is pretty savvy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,365 Member
    Options
    Took Vince this morning to get his other eye "zapped", then did Tony Little's Body Sculpting DVD since it's only 30 minutes, then volunteered at the Green Room, on to Habitat for Humanity then Aldi. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class, then go to the lady who does sewing for me to have her put in an elastic in a pair of pants for me, then go to the Salvation Army, then stop at Bi-Lo to get Vince his yogurt.

I forgot last week that when I took him I got up at 5:30 so today I got up at my usual time -- 6:00. Then I just had to rush some. Last week it was nice since I had some time to myself

This lady who does sewing for me is very very good and reasonably priced. However, if something isn't a rush job, she takes FOREVER. Like last year in February I gave her the material for her to make another elf costume for me. I got it in October. A few months ago I gave her a quilt of Jess' to machine stitch. It had been handstitched and the thread pulled thru the material, it's so worn. Who knows when I'll get it back? I'm probably going to tell her that I'd like these pants by August. Really, I don't need them until September, but I'll call her in August to ask her if she has them ready. I just like the color of this pantsuit -- very "springey". It's a light purple color.

Dana - I really like Designated Survivor. He's really grown into the presidency from the first episode.

I'm thinking tomorrow I'll also go to WalMart since I need gas

macha - wowza!

Linda - welcome!

NYKaren - good thoughts being sent to you.

Nancy - welcome back!

KJ - I am so impressed with you. I could never take care of all those little ones. You are truly one in a million

Heather - your "friend" sounds like something else.

Michele in NC
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – Gee, I’d love to be ‘allergic’ to paying taxes! Our taxes here used to allow you to claim interest on just about anything, credit cards, cars, and all that got changed to where we can claim interest on our houses, property taxes, insurance premiums, donations, and a lot of other things; but, still the IRS eats you up. They keep talking about changing the brackets or taxing all purchases (but, who would report that?), certainly not the stores who collect the money. It is a mess and a constant hoopla about country running out of money and we might have to ‘shut it down’. They’ve been ‘robbing Peter to pay Paul’ all my life. Used to be the person that ‘worked’ got Social Security benefits; now widows and children get a share. Sure, they need to be able to pay their bills; but it doesn’t seem to be in a fair amount. This year, for the first time in about 3 or 4 years we got a 3% raise, my check (take home) went DOWN a $1 because Medicare Insurance went up. What good is that, other than thankfully it did not go down more. I am paying over ½ of my retirement towards COBRA’ed insurance because DH doesn’t have any health insurance. But, it is good and I rarely have to pay anything for MD and/or hospital stays. Mainly, because any MD that accepts Medicare (and other insurances) are supposed to ‘write off’ what they don’t get paid; but, to get around that, they charge more for their services. When my boys were born, I think the costs for an OB/GYN was something like $1000 - $1500; today it is over $5000 in some places, then you have to add the hospital bill on top of that, operating room if you have a C-section.

It is difficult to maintain a friendship when there is constant dissention or having to listen to one of the 4 moaning and groaning about her life. What do the other 2 have to say? We listen to the same with our DOS, who I have said that he and DDnL#1 have had to file for bankruptcy. Last weekend, they had a bad enough argument over it that it got more heated than it needed to be. She whines because ‘everybody’ thinks ‘she is the cause for it’. Well, if the truth hurts, too bad! Own it. She called and told me ‘you’ (or someone) needs to come down here and ‘get Trey’ before I have him ‘locked up’. So ‘how’ would that affect your lives? She doesn’t think about the possible consequences, like when she quit her job without even talking to him about it; then went 17 weeks without a salary. She ran up credit cards that she had gotten, using his income when applying for them. They had been working on paying off their bills using the snowballing effect; but, that did not work and he could not get one to even ‘work with them’. Got sued over it; but, it will go away with the bankruptcy. As for myself; I was NOT about to go down and get involved. So Louis did, and he told him to go back into the house and 'grow a set'. He did go inside, don't know what got said; but, yesterday she called and asked 'if I had plans' for Mother's Day. So I'm going to a paint a door decoration party.

Maybe one of the other ladies has a closer relationship with her and y’all can all ‘agree that you just disagree’ about some subjects. That is what we (sisters and our husbands) are about anything ‘political’ or ‘religious’. But, one will start a conversation that gets heated and then pulls out and watches.

'Old money' rarely 'brag' about it; it is the 'nouveau riche' who do and who usually have earned it ‘under the table’ to keep from 'having to pay taxes'. Now, all this is IMHO.

Michele – I take anything that needs to be hemmed, like jeans to our tailor in town; he usually has them done within a couple of days. I cannot hem them on my machine because the material is way too thick. If it is simple, he will usually have it ready within 2 days. When I first started losing, I took the pants and jeans I had to him to basically have him take them in; but, he warned me they could not be taken in again without them looking funny. But, after losing 2 sizes, I wanted some ‘new’ ones

Lenora
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    Toni I am just getting started, but so far so good.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ooooo
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Machka and Mary: Thank you for sharing those inspiring photos. I think I found Mary's muffin top. :(

NYKaren: Holding you in prayer and light until you say all is okay.

Charleen: How is Drama Queen coming together?

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Cheri <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Mary and Kachka (sp?) those are quite the pictures! You could be poster women for MFP. I should put those pics on my fridge. Even if I haven't been posting much here lately except for light conversation and have not been logging my food, I am trying to consciously watch my intake. I am gradually losing, ounce by ounce but it isn't much. I saw a picture some one took of the choir one morning and boy was it an eye opener.

Speaking of pictures, here is our finished house. Well the two windows still need to be put it and Window World has no idea when they will be in. All they can say is that it takes 10-14 days. Well it has been 15 days and I am doing the math for them. 4iqekqj9syhq.jpg

All of my labs from the other day came back good. I was really surprised that my Hgb A1c is 5.2!!!!!But my blood count is good now. My blood glucose was 105 which is about what it runs.

I had some Chili tonight and am wondering and watching to see what my colon will do.

Heather, all I can say is wow. Am speechless that some one has that kind of attitude.

Allison, since you said 'she', I assume that SIL is sister in law. Is this Tom's sister? Is she some one that that you know will not talk to Tom?

Joye, Indiana

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dana and janetr: I rarely visit facebook anymore because it is so intrusive. I hate being targeted for advertizing, and I'm not happy with the lack of privacy protections. I stop by to see posts from my DD, and from a few special friends. Otherwise i am very disappointed in what it has become. :broken_heart:

Kelly: (((HUGS)))

Heather: (((HUGS))) I wouldn't be comfortable with that particular woman, either. I wonder whether she is a user or a victim, maybe a bit of both. Her husband is less ambiguous. :devil: :ohwell:

Joyce: Your home looks wonderful! :bigsmile:

I went to the stable today and rode Arrow for a while. He was very good at first. We walked, trotted and cantered in both directions. Then he didn't want to do anything anymore. Anyone with horse experience, please help me figure out if he's lazy or whether there is another issue. What might it be? He is 18. Did he just need some time for easy going to catch his breath? He wasn't wheezing or making any sounds that would lead me to wonder if he was in distress but I lack the experience to separate lazy from winded or tired. Cheryl??? Anyone???

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

• pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

DAY 5
    wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.40min. 13.9amph, 137mhr, 2.9mi = 118c
    apple watch- 95c
    Plyometrics exercises- 12min, 3sets of 10each, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, 145mhr = 115c
    apple watch- 101c
    LATERAL MACHINE 30min, lvl6, lat5, 3604strides, 60floors, 125ahr, 129mhr, 2.60miles = 241c
    apple watch- 229c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.41min, 150mhr, 12.7amph, 1.4mi = 79c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.37min, 11.7amph, 125ahr, 146mhr 3mi = 145c
    apple iwatch- 115c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.51min, 9.20min mi, 153mhr, .5mi = 71c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.11min, 9.05min mi, 159mhr, .4mi = 64c
    Apple Watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.02min, 8.4amph, 152mhr, 2.6mi = 205c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 1038