WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Dana? Is that who posted pictrues of herself? I read you were posting pictures of a before and after and as I was reading and scrolling I saw pictures of womans feet and figured she was upside down in some way. So I thought that was you. You daughter is lovely and very talented. She takes it from you.

Kelly, loved your walkers whether they are happy or not. They are lucky kids. Recently we had a large daycare announce it's closing as of August. We have a private school building a new school which willl allow more kids and they can take the pre-K but that leaves the families of the babies and toddlers out. I personally prefer small day cares. My Mom was a director of ehr own preschool and just being around the school and hearing her talk about it, I got to know some of the health inspection rules. One time one of the ladies in a church wanted to have our church open up a day care so she would have a place for her child. Preacher went all gung ho in researching, getting curriculum and even interviewing teachers. This was before the church agreed to do it. This was in the spring and they wanted to open first day of school. 3 or 4 months does not leave enough time to do everything that is required to change church Sunday School rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, etc into a day care. So that business meeting was pretty hot and the idea was canned. It wasn't that we didn't like the idea of a day care. But it was the timing. They just weren't allowing enough time. So we prepared for it the right way and it took almost a year to make sure our building was done the right way. That was about 20 years ago and it still remains one of the largest and most sought after day cares.

Our house will be done today. Not the windows since it is different company but the painting will be. Charlie still isn't satisfied with the shade of red but we both Ok'd it and it looks nice, just not what we had before.

Janetr, why are they waiting 3 weeks to do an angiogram on your husband if this blockage is that severe?

Joyce, Indiana
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ilkbakmeic65.png
    Gotta focus!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Joyce, they are not sure how severe the blockage is until they do the angiogram. The pictures they take pre and post dye during stress test aren't capable of showing severity of blockage. They will set it up as soon as they can but have to coordinate Cath lab, cardiologist and surgeon so he said it could be 2-3 weeks. Sorry if I've made it sound worse than it is, it scared me when he said he wanted the surgeon on standby. Jack has had three previous angiograms and not had a surgeon on standby. So just me being overly anxious I'm sure. Guess I need to quit sharing information when I'm anxious over it. Sorry.

Janetr okc
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janet no apology necessary this is hard. My husband has a "thicker heart muscle" called the widow maker. We take every cardio visit seriously and I worry more than my DH!!

Observed another wonderful young orchestra teacher candidate, our choice was clear and we all agreed who was #1 but it's hard to say no to the other 2, such potential is inspiring and I'm glad I was a part of the search even though I am falling behind with my school work!!

Making a yellow curry with jasmine rice-will try to limit my rice but this is one of my favorite dinners-looking forward to it.

Still drizzly here, NYKAREN
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Tuesday's Progress (4/25)
    ✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L6, D13, MS6, AS20, BBS23= 69g)
    2. Fiber 30g (23g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, ✔️Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, ✔️Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.

Had a nice visit with Dad and my 3 sisters. DBIL fighting leukemia. Good to see him. Today is another busy day of errands. Follow-up eye appt, car dealership for recall repairs, shopping.

Have a great day folks.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Janetr. Sending you all shall be well thoughts!
    Becca
    ((((((((((((hugs and kisses yer forehead like friends do)))))))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    Cccc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    TNToni: Best luck for your situation with DH. (((HUGS)))

Becca: I'm happy that you have your tablet back. :flowerforyou:

Meg: I'm glad to hear that the sanon group is positive and helpful for you. :heart:

Joyce: Congratulations on completion of your house painting! :smiley:

Janetr: We listen to one another's worries regularly. I hope you'll continue to share things that bother you any time it will lighten your load. I feel good knowing we can all share our worries now and again. :flowerforyou:

DH renewed his driver's license today and it all went easily enough. The wait was long, though. The DMV is a busy place. I drove by there after yoga and sat with him for the last 25 minutes or so.

Last evening we got a call from a friend who lives just down stream from us. He has a view of our marina and was concerned because he could see a dog waiting beside its family boat, but couldn't see any signs of the man who owns the boat. I walked down and things were just fine. I waved to the friend who was worried and chatted with our neighbor until he'd finished on his boat and we walked up the dock together, two people and a nice big dog.

I love this community.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    B)
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I try to type like I talk, a million miles an hour. Then I go in circles.

Y'all are the best. I appreciate you so much.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Katla I love reading your posts about the river and the marina and boats, etc. I often share them with my husband. It seems so exciting to me. Having been born and raised in Colorado and not around water, I enjoy hearing about it.

Dana your pictures are indeed impressive. Thanks for sharing them with us. You have every right to be proud of yourself. Good job. How have you managed to lose that much weight. Jack and I got married in Eureaka Springs. I love that area, truly beautiful.

Carol in GA I'm with you. I can't seem to lose this 10-15 pounds I'd like to lose. I lose a few, gain a few. I guess hanging in there may be the goal for now. I'm not giving up though.

Janetr OKC
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    <3 Have evening meeting, so will be back later.
    Paula Y.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Machka ... thank you for sharing. I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and have slowly allowed half of it to creep back on. My little photo here is when I was thinner. I think that setting a goal of doing my "diet" for 12 weeks or 16 weeks and breaking it into segments would be helpful. I've been getting overwhelmed.

Beth
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Like this!

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Had a bit of a hic up. on the way to my friends. I went straight over a kerb on a traffic island. Fell forward and landed on my arms and chin. Chin OK, but right arm is really sore. :'( Decided to get a taxi because I didn't want to faint on the tube. Iced it once I arrived. My doctor friends pronounced it not broken, but strained.
    Went out for the meal and, guess what, had a big row with my difficult friend. :o:'( Oh dear. We all agreed to change the subject and it went well from then on. At 12.20 I left and walked until I found a taxi back to the hotel. Still very sore.
    I would really like to go home early tomorrow, but I will see how I feel in the morning.
    Taking pain killers.
    Sad I just couldn't bite my tongue, but by then I had drunk a few glasses of wine. :s
    Hope I am better tomorrow. She is not a happy person, despite all the money.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Had a bit of a hic up. on the way to my friends. I went straight over a kerb on a traffic island. Fell forward and landed on my arms and chin. Chin OK, but right arm is really sore. :'( Decided to get a taxi because I didn't want to faint on the tube. Iced it once I arrived. My doctor friends pronounced it not broken, but strained.
    Went out for the meal and, guess what, had a big row with my difficult friend. :o:'( Oh dear. We all agreed to change the subject and it went well from then on. At 12.20 I left and walked until I found a taxi back to the hotel. Still very sore.
    I would really like to go home early tomorrow, but I will see how I feel in the morning.
    Taking pain killers.
    Sad I just couldn't bite my tongue, but by then I had drunk a few glasses of wine. :s
    Hope I am better tomorrow. She is not a happy person, despite all the money.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Heather, glad you are alright except for the bum arm. I reckon it's good it happened back in your home country rather than in France. Sorry about the row with your friend :'(

Lanette
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lanette love the picture of the doggies hopping the barb wire!

Dana great pictures.

Heather sorry about your tumble and troubles with your friend. Take care.

Going to be 32 tomorrow morning. I was getting spoiled.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

DAY 4
    wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.56min. 14.8amph, 140mhr, 2.9mi = 113c
    apple watch- 100c
    Plyometrics exercises- 14min, 3sets of 10each, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, 140mhr = 116c
    apple watch- 105c
    SPIN CLASS- 37min, 88ar, 102aw, 9g on recover, 11-15g, 145mhr, 16mi = 305c
    apple watch- 309c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.28min, 150mhr, 13.1amph, 1.4mi = 84c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog station 2 wk- 9.11min, 11.40min mi, 156mhr, .7mi = 64c
    apple watch- 70c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.39min, 11.08min mi,167mhr, windy!!, .5mi = 76c
    Apple Watch- 70c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.27min, 7.7amph, 160mhr, 2.6mi, windy!!! = 226c
    apple watch- 145c

total cal 984