• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mary and Margaret. <3<3

Janetr okc
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Janet: Hugs To you! I hope Jack's procedure goes well.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ So glad your husband found out about the problem before it was too late. Hugs for both of you and praying that they will be able to take care of it.

Going to get the oil changed and car washed today. Hate that chore but looking forward to a driving a cleaner car. Black covered in yellow pollen is not very pretty.

Kelly ~ You are a blessing to all those families. From all you tell us that you do with the children, I would love to have had you as a day care provider.

Congrats to all of you who are losing/maintaining! I am just trying not to gain any more. I think there is no hope for me to get down to a more appropriate size.

Carol in GA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    pitegny wrote: »
    Cheri: Congratulations on the new milestone! Love the tugboat story. I would go with a massage incentive!
    Marcelyn: Poison sumac is really painful; hope it clears up soon!

I was happy to find that I was down 1.3 pounds at my weekly weigh in despite my weekend getaway. That makes for a total of 48.3 pounds - closing in on 50. My goal for this month is to increase my walking.

:)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on the train and using the train WiFi. Better than it sometimes is.
    Sending lots of love and healing to Janetr 's Jack. I know it's a real worry, but it sounds like they will take very good care of him. My mum had a triple bypass at age 81 and recovered well. Seeing her terrific spirit changed my relationship with her. :D.
    I have great faith in surgeons.

We had a call from the Hove estate agents today as their client is getting itchy. Can't blame her. I guess they are preparing us for her pulling out and putting it back on the market. Not yet, but it's in the near future. :'( Nothing we can do about it. I am still doing the lottery.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Question- What is a chigger?

A chigger is a microscopic mite. You can't see them they are so tiny. Despite what people think they do not burrow into your skin, they just insert a feeding tube to feed from. Long explanation of enzymes etc I won't get into. They are related to ticks but it is the larva that attaches itself to you. Or tries to. They wander around for a couple of hours so a soapy shower can rid you of them if you know they are there. Also a good insect spray repels them. I did neither because they didn't even cross my mind.

Chiggers live in areas that are often undisturbed. Like fence lines and the vines I was pulling. I have only found them in humid climates but think they might be everywhere.

The chigger bites itch like the dickens but the poison sumac is more of a problem as it is spreading.

Marcelyn
    Doping with steroids in Houston
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    Options
    Back in for a sec here....

Dana, way to go!

Marcelyn, I remember chiggers from my childhood in Indiana - poison ivy, too. We don't have any of those things out here in the Pacific Northwest on the "wet" side - a few mosquitos.

I've been invited to a Lularoe party! Mid May! One of the little (short) gals at work wore a darling knit dress to work and I thought... that would make a nice top on me since it looked very comfortable and would be long enough.

She said it was Lularoe! That sealed the deal. Today I have on a Zulilly top that's a cute print. Very comfy. Love the 3/4 sleeves.

Later ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We called CHIGGERs RED BUGS
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    JANET hope Jack will be ok you've both got lots of support and prayers here

LANETTE love the hounds

LEIGH congrats on the loss

Done 45 min Leslie Sansone and 40 squats this morning and been for 2 mile brisk walk this afternoon. Looking forward to going back to gym next week

KATE UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janet Sending good thoughts for Jack's heart procedure outcome.

Cheri Congrats! You could get craft supplies if there was something you've been wanting. Books are always a wonderful reward. xoxo

Heather Welcome home! Sounds as if you had a good trip. I have forgotten what your difficult friend is difficult about, but zen sounds like a good defense.

There were others I wanted to comment on but I have lost my train of thought...

Karen in Virginia
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Dana - enjoyed your pictures! You are making great changes. Did you just recently join this group? I have been MIA for a month.

Leigh - Terrific progress! 50 lbs! Has this been your loss just since January?

Peach - Sending hugs to you. Sometimes not gaining is the best we can do for the moment.

Heather - When I'm faced with situations I can't control, I picture putting those thoughts and situations onto and putting a leaf into a mountain stream. Watching it float away gives me a lot of peace. I even picture the stream with the appropriate season surroundings.

Janetr - Prayers for your hubby. My hubby had a heart attack on Valentines Day 2005. His widow maker artery was 99% blocked. His doctor says the two stents in there are still keeping things flowing.

Mary - Enjoy your shopping and the movies. I won't tell the theater manager about your healthy snacks!

Marcelyn - Oh, my, a double whammy! So sorry! When I was a child I would get into chiggers and stinging nettles at my cousins. There hometown was more humid and they lived on a river. We didn't have them at my home on the plains.

Lanette - Love the picture of the dogs jumping the hurdles!

Well, I am channeling my anger and anxiety into productivity. I am working on sorting through closets and boxes, pitching and donating "stuff", and developing a new daily structure for myself. It is helping but I know I need to face all my feelings, too. Hubby and I are going through something major that I don't want to share about yet but it might involve splitting up after 36 years of marriage. Enough said. It is MAJOR s*%&! It will be my decision which in some ways is scarier than being the one who is left behind.

Well - off to fix a bite to eat and then to some training at work.

TNToni in summer-like Tennessee
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    JanetR, thinking about you and Jack, and hoping for the best.

Toni, thinking of you. I was at 27 years married when I decided. Best thing I ever did. Hard to make, nonetheless.

Allie, thinking of you, too.

Love y'all,
    Lisa, nearly back to West Texas
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Back on my tablet! My dear husband hid it from me last Saturday, so I have had a nice mandatory digital detox. I have no anger in what he did, because I was getting wrapped up in the dang puzzle game, and my eyes were hurting. I am an all or nothing person. Yesterday I read the book The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux. I read it one day, and my world was this story! A good read!
    Have a great Wednesday!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all! It has turned quite cool and misty here; it was below freezing last night and will be so again tonight. Maybe it will kill all the baby mosquitos! I have a bit of good news; DH passed the lie-detector test! Our attorney said that only about 20-30% can pass this one. So if we get to the sentencing stage, that will be helpful to have.

DD#2’s car got hit again. That girl seems to just attract chaos! This time it happened in the dorm parking lot, so unfortunately, it will be her insurance that covers it. I hope they don’t raise her rates!

My sanon meeting last night was great. That is so helpful to attend and I would recommend a 12-step group for anyone! It’s a pretty small group, so we are all comfortable with each other. All our stories are so different, but have the same problem at the core, so it’s good to hear how people handle their adversities because it’s easy to apply their knowledge to your own situation. Other that the lie detector test, nothing is new on the legal front.

Sue: what happened that your yard work has to be redone?

Cheri & Ginger: great losses! Congrats to both of you! Cheri, I’d go for a pedicure!

Heather: I so enjoy reading about your travels!

Katla: thanks for the hug! I had to smile when I read about your dog; we always joked that Benny Beagle came back from the groomer a totally different color each time! He didn’t stay outside, but somehow got so dirty that we were always surprised to see how grey he had gotten! He loved the groomer! They would all just fuss and fuss over him. He loved the vet too of all odd things!

Yvonne: I’m so sorry for your troubles. Sending good thoughts your way

Lenora: that is crazy! Why would the staff be so rude? They are your employees for heaven’s sake. I just hate to hear things like that since I teach nursing! That’s awful about the other neurologist not taking this one’s patients! Sounds like there is an issue between them.

Toni: boy do I understand what you are saying! Our kids had to take the same standardized testing required right after they got here and spoke no English at all. Then the school tells us that our kids are affecting their federal aid money, since their composite scores are lower because of them!

Janet: sending good healthy wishes for you and DH!!! My brother just had bypass surgery after 9 stents. Sounds like hubby was lucky this was caught. (((hugs)))

KJLaMore: cute pic!

Sarah: I’m glad you are feeling better now!

Michele: I like to read while I’m on the recumbent bike. I find I get so absorbed, I often go over my goal time! My red eyes are my only allergy symptom.

Marcelyn: sending soothing thoughts your way!

Pitigny: congrats on your loss!

Lanette: gotta love those pooches!

Danareel: yay me indeed! Great loss!

TNT: I am so sorry to hear about your troubles with hubby. I can only offer you my support and friendship. I know many people have asked me why I stay with DH’s troubles and I can only say each person and each situation is so different. Follow your heart. (((hugs)))

Well girls I must get going. In the midst of typing this, a good work friend came in and I told her the story and she was here for about 1 ½ hours. So now I must bust my chops to get stuff accomplished. Take care, Meg from chilly Omaha

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just Wow. I feel like a first grader. Don't have time to read it all so I look for the pictures. Thanks everyone for the design suggestions. Lenora went above and beyond. To the person who asked, my little mare is a registered paint although the only color she has is a lot of chrome.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    Bbbb