WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cheri ~ Great work on the weight loss. Keep it up! :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,663 Member
    Options
    ;;;
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    All the work we did in the yard earlier this spring has to be done again!!! Maybe it won't be as difficult. Still having jet lag issues but getting better.
    Ginger - awesome weight loss. Good for you.
    SueBDew in TX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Cheri ~ Great work on the weight loss. Keep it up! :)

Thanks! I intend to keep the course!
  • csofled
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Cheri- congratulations! That shows a lot of hard work and dedication. I usually reward myself by going shopping for clothes! Although, my favorite store is the Goodwill at this point in time. I did luck out two weeks ago and they had brand-new name brands like silver jeans! I won't mention how many pairs of pants/shorts/skirts/tops I bought. However, for the amount of money I spent I would've only been able to buy one of the brand-new jeans at the department store. Plus it was senior Wednesday discount of 25%!
    <3
    Mary from Minnesota

Thanks Mary! We love shopping Goodwill for all things. Unfortunately for us the College Station Goodwill is pathetic! Sigh.... I am thinking of books. I NEVER spend money on books. They must be free, borrowed or begged for so this will be a real TREAT for me. Mary, I must mention that the hubs and I attended a presentation on the need for increased protein in the diets of the older population. Very insightful. I've upped my protein to approx. 100 grams per day over the last 2 weeks. It truly has made a difference in how I feel and I think it is starting to get my loss moving.

Cheri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Is it an illusion, or is the building next to the clock tower leaning? Thanks for sharing your photos. I am so impressed that you chose to travel on your own. :smiley:

Lisa: It seems you're learning a lot on your trip. Good for you. The more you know about an area, the better prepared you are to make good choices. :flowerforyou:

Cheri in TX: Congratulations on your new lowest weight! WTG!!! Reward ideas: a new item of clothes, visit a museum or other point of interest. I'd want to see the Alamo or the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards. I've also got a Glen Campbell song in my head about Galveston. Good luck choosing what interests you. :star:

(((MEG)))

DH took the dog to the groomer this morning! His newly restored vision is a huge blessing for both of us. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • csofled
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Cheri in TX: Congratulations on your new lowest weight! WTG!!! Reward ideas: a new item of clothes, visit a museum or other point of interest. I'd want to see the Alamo or the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards. I've also got a Glen Campbell song in my head about Galveston. Good luck choosing what interests you. :star:
    Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Thanks Katla for the suggestions. :)<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Cheri- A book for a reward would be a great idea!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Cheri I love the idea of a book, but if it were me.....I would indulge in a massage or a spa day.

NYKAREN
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    oh, and Congrats on the milestone CHERI!!
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Cheri - Congratulations! A good book sounds good. I've been so busy getting rid of stuff - I'm not sure what my reward would be. Massage sounds nice. ;-)

-- Ginger in Texas
  • csofled
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    oh, and Congrats on the milestone CHERI!!

Thanks!!!!!
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Hug A Plumber Day!

Well, I am far behind again. Things are piling up at work and I'm so stressed out it's all I can do to get out of bed and get through my work day at the moment.

Heather - Love the glitzy new trainers!

Becca - I snore, too, and so does my husband. But his snoring seems to bother me more than the other way around. Usually he's asleep before I am anyway, so I don't get poked too much. It's lovely of you to be so kind to your neighbor.

Marilyn - What a terrible way to lose weight! I'm glad you're doing better, and able to tackle the weight in a healthier way!

Michele - I'm also allergic to cats, but I've had them all of my adult life and wouldn't want to live without them. But the allergist is right, we build up immunity the same as if we'd been getting allergy shots. Before a 12-year residence in New Mexico reset all my allergies, I'd sometimes have bad reactions to other people's cats but was fine with my own.

Lisa - Oooh, ten acres near Hot Springs sounds like heaven.

I'm having a hard time lately. Between work and stress about the medical stuff I can't pay for and being in debt to the IRS again bigger than ever just when we were about to get them paid off for 2014, I'm just overwhelmed. Hoping to spend some time with Philip this week getting my office straightened out a bit so I at least have a place to retreat.

Now that I got rid of the riding mower and a new home for the deep freeze is in the works, I'm feeling like getting rid of more stuff. I think there's a very high probability that we'll eventually have to sell this place and move into a very tiny space (like an RV or tiny home), and now seems like as good a time as any to start lightening the load.

Wishing you all a fine day...

-Yvonne in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,321 Member
    Options
    Hugs for Yvonne as well! (((((HUGS))))) <3

I've just woken up from a nap on the sofa! B)

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    AH, the joys of trying to get 'life insurance' ... especially when, for 2 freaking months, agent has NOT been able to get any medical records from Neurologist who told me this morning they had talked to her 3x (not true, they might have left her 3 messages - have NOT talked directly to them). I called them and they said they had given her this information and that they (WOW) have to pay for the records, no problem. I am tired of the 'haughty' attitude of the office. My Neurologist in only there 2 days a week. I complained to him about his nurse's crappy attitude the last time I went in. He did not seem concerned. They are the nearest Neurologist (or I would change). The other Neurologist would not take on any of the patients of the one I was going to. I'm just going to tell the agent to go over there to see if she can get records herself. Without them, we cannot find out if our premiums would be less or not. I really don't want to have to go in there to get them myself. Such 'rude' staff. If I have a seizure, it might be 6 months before I can get in to see the MD. I'm going to call my Psychiatrist in Macon and see what he would recommend.

Lenora
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Monday's Progress (4/24)
    ✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L23, D24, BBS13= 62g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (30g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week.
    ✔️6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, ✔️Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, ✔️Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.

Busy day planned. Meeting my 3 sisters at one's home. Taking care of some of Dad's business. Taking Dad (90) over to sister's also.

Have a great day folks.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. I am home from helping at school. I was assigned to proctor in a fourth grade ESL class. They took their math test and I swear no one was getting correct answers. Such a shame they are held to the same standards in math as the native kids. They might do computation okay but all the reasoning and application requires so much language and reading.

Congrats to Ginger (down 2 ???), Cheri, and others who are losing! I'm using my current predicament to motivate me to control and take charge of my eating and exercise. Can't do a thing about what others in my life are choosing. Repeating the serenity prayer frequently these days.

Yvonne - hugs coming your way

Love you all

Toni in Tennessee
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,773 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lenora … I just saw Restoration for the first time! I enjoyed it. Like you, I watch a lot of HGTV and love some of the ideas and others not so much. I don’t think I like the open floor plan trend that seems to be all the rage. Sure, those homes look beautiful with all those clear sight lines, but what’s it like to actually live in them? How do you keep the kitchen clean all the time, or the noise down?

Machka … “two sets of 16 weeks” … purposely in two sets or because of circumstances? Congratulations on keeping the weight off 18 mos! Huge accomplishment!

Sarah … thank you … the knees will improve when I improve my diet and exercise regimen. The knee that left me two weeks ago is much, much better.

Cheri … congratulations!!

Yvonne … I’ve lost a lot of sleep over the years worrying about finances … hugs …

Rainy day here and my plans have been redirected this afternoon ... but that's ok ... inside things need done as well.

Beth near Buffalo