Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm working-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.54min. 13.6amph, 137mhr, 2.9mi = 126c
    apple watch- 103c
    Plyometrics exercises- 14min, 3sets of 10each, squats, burpees, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, 144mhr = 114c
    apple watch- 110c
    ROWING MACHINE- 25min, 43aw, 126mhr, 3736meters-2.32mi. = 148c
    apple watch- 173c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.39min, 132mhr, 12.8amph, 1.4mi = 68c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.46min, 11.6amph, 144mhr 3mi = 143c
    apple iwatch- 114c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.08min, 9.50min mi, 156mhr, .5mi = 64c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.20min, 10.30 min mi, 161mhr, .5mi = 70c
    Apple Watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.08min,8.1amph, 155mhr, 2.4mi = 202c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 935

think I'm going to return the new shoes, they shouldn't pinch and hurt the way they do. 170 bucks, thank goodness I can return them
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I broke down and went to the Dr as the chigger bites seemed infected plus I am now getting spots everywhere. Seems I do have some chigger bites but what I really tangled with was poison sumac. I had been on the lookout for poison ivy but didn't think of sumac. Now my body is reacting with a secondary reaction. Normal but super itchy and irritating. Got medicine and hopefully it will clear up soon.

Marcelyn
    Scratchin' and itchin' in Houston.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn so sorry the poison sumac.

They finally came to put the window replacement today. We had the glass sitting in our garage all winter long. Turns out it was the wrong size again. We did get the gutters cleaned. To say I was unhappy was putting it lightly. Last November a neighbor was shooting at a squirrel with a 22 and it hit our window. It was too cold to get it repaired. I do see why they got it wrong the first time. The second? I just want it fixed. Hopefully next week the third time will be the charm.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn- I hate chiggers but combined with poison sumac that has to be painful! I hope the medicine works quickly for you.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Greetings, Gracious Gamines!

I have actually caught up on my reading - although I must admit to skimming, some. No news... and no news is "meh" news. The Puffy One seems to have take up permanent residence with me - and the scale is having a grand old time laughing at me as it bounces all over the place.

No news on the work front - whatever investigation has to take place is probably still happening - so I am kind of in Limbo. Maybe that's why the Puffy Princess is here... to comfort me in my hour of worry. *sigh*

At least things are going well for some of you!

Gratz, Cheri! Love those new lows!

And Ginger - 2 lbs - Whoot

I was all set to do my squats for Sarah - but DANGIT - missed it by THAT much. Next week for Sure, Sugar!

Heather - Love your travel pics. I wanted a bite of that salad!

Dana - if that was you doing Nothing, I can't wait to see you on an energetic day! Sheesh. You go, Girl.

Marcelyn - AACK - what does poison sumac even LOOK like? I have a hard enough time with Poison Oak. I hope the medicines help with the itch.

Yvonne - I feel you on the stress - I am sorry! Try to be kind to yourself. ((Hugs!))

KJ - LOVE the picture - and you are right - Rowan looks pretty put out.

Janet - hope your honey doesn't need a major overhaul!

Well, My Dears... I have other things I should be doing...

Love you guys!! Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone

Kate UK <3
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Read everything. Will post tomorrow. Bed for me.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday! I got up at 3:45 this morning to make sure my DYS woke up and made it into work by 5am. (He has a 45 min drive to get there). He also has exams this week for his night classes. He had one exam last night and didn't get home until 11 (exam ended at 10). He works today until 1:30, then has to be in class for his second exam at 5:30; so he will just stay in Grand Rapids for those hours in between and grab some lunch and maybe go to his grandparents home to take a nap. (Doubtful, but one can hope!)
    Happy Pretzel Day! LOL! That is my activity with the kids today. We are making home made pretzels. I have made them before; but not in a long time. If I remember correctly, one batch of dough should make enough pretzels for each child to have one for snack and then be able to take one or two home. The object of this is to make sure none are left in my house. I am not much of a bread eater; but a soft warm pretzel right out of the oven with some mustard fills my "happy place"! And to top it off, it is supposed to rain all day. So...I think we will practice our pretzel making skills with play-doh this morning and then when it is time to twist the dough, the older kids should be able to handle it pretty well.
    Question- What is a chigger? is it some kind of beetle or ant? Where do they live? sounds like they are all over the place; but how do I not know of these?
    Had a raccoon in my garage last night! That was a scare! He was on the step entry to the house and when I opened the door to go into the garage, I bumped him and he spit and hissed. Now I want a garage door with a window. Or maybe have a double door? lol I have never shut a door so fast in my life!
    Leigh- Congrats with your weight loss! You are doing so well! Inspiring to me! B)
    Toni- I appreciate being put in a group with some of my "action" heroes from this site; but my energy is just "job" energy. I need to summon the extra energy to continue to the end of the day. ONce the kids leave, my internal engine seems to die down.
    Machka- Your bike rides are so inspiring to me. I am trying to get into bike riding a bit more. I am basically a walker (at one time runner). I think I just need to go in and get "fitted" for a bike. I was riding last summer and the way my arms and hands felt (numb) during my rides made me think perhaps my bike is too small lengthwise for me. You mentioned that with winter coming you would be adding more stairs...do you have a stairmaster or step machine you work out on?
    Well, I am going to sign off for now. One of the benefits to waking up this early is the load of laundry that I got done, pancakes are made and in the warmer for the kids, two cups of coffee in me, showered, dressed and ready for the day, SO...I have time for a walk this morning with out kiddos! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,778 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    yesterday was a bear at work.. crazy busy,and the wellness center had some event going on yesterday and took up most of the parking spaces and were double parked, which left no parking for our patients.. so Office Manager and Landlord went up and told them to move some of the cars.. they were parking on lawn etc.. and it was pouring rain all day yesterday,last night and today.
    Tom left around 2:30 this morning for Florida.. I am working 9-6 today and will punch out at lunch to come let the dogs out///
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kelly you inspire me <3

Another drizzly day! Putting "one foot in front of the other"yes Becca I sang that!!

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,091 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Your bike rides are so inspiring to me. I am trying to get into bike riding a bit more. I am basically a walker (at one time runner). I think I just need to go in and get "fitted" for a bike. I was riding last summer and the way my arms and hands felt (numb) during my rides made me think perhaps my bike is too small lengthwise for me. You mentioned that with winter coming you would be adding more stairs...do you have a stairmaster or step machine you work out on?

Thanks ... yes, bicycle fit is really important and it changes, all kinds of things like injury, age, weight gain, weight loss, etc. etc. can change your fit needs.

Regarding the stairs, I climb real stairs. I work in a 10-storey office building and each flight is 20 stairs. At one time I was up to 40 flights (800 steps) a day. But when I'm cycling a lot, that's just a bit too much and my recovery suffers.

Right now I'm doing 4 flights (80 steps) a day, but I'm planning to build back up to about 25 flights (500 steps) a day ... maybe a bit more if I have the energy.

I find that climbing stairs helps a lot with cycling up hills. :)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Will be thinking of you and praying for the doctors to be able to conduct the procedure safely and for you and Jack to be calm and have peace of mind. (((Hugs))) We are all there with you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    (((Janetr)))