Weight gain and loss is SIMPLE

Options

Replies

• mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Great video! I'm going to share it on my fb page but I doubt my mom will learn anything. She's still on a low carb diet consisting of fried chicken and onion rings because she thinks bread, fruits, and certain vegetables are the devil -_-

Not sure how she's eating "low carb" if she's doing fried chicken and onion rings -- both of which are generally breaded, and carby. Obviously, one can use pseudo-breading (almond flour, parmesean, pork rinds, etc.) -- if she's doing that, then I get it.

I've eaten low carb for over a year with very solid results. If, as the common knowledge here tends to be, calorie deficits are the only thing that matter, then low carb is a perfectly viable manner in which to do that.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Did you not see annotation? It states that you can add cardio as part of routine.

However, for body composition alone (once again, disregarding more detailed concepts for now). It is not necessary.

I've swam twice for 15 minutes, cutting since march.. I'm significantly leaner already.

I didn't but to be fair I lost my glasses last month on a run... 8)
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Loved it - said the lot in 3 mins, great video :smile:
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Entertaining video, and a great brief way of helping newbies! Thanks!!!
  • mud7urtle
    mud7urtle Posts: 500
    Options
    It's almost too much to legitimize the argument by calling it a "hot-button topic". It's a hot-button topic among pedants who don't understand that sometimes adults can have conversations with contextual meaning without going so far as to explain every single piece of what they said.

"Muscle weighs more than fat."

The statement has absolutely no meaning without the underlying assumption that you're referring to equal volumes of both -- i.e., density. So, you can take this two ways:

1. Assume that the person speaking doesn't understand how a pound works, or
    2. Assume that the person speaking isn't a gibbering idiot, and understand what they're actually saying.

Luckily, in life, 99% of the people will choose 2. It's just the internet that gives a forum for the #1s. Internet points! High five!

Whoa you're confusing me. Just let me put the ball in the hole.
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I did not read all of the comments, but I felt this must be said. If it's already been said then I clearly felt it must be said twice.

Your teeth are whiter than the white board!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc79tq4sDD1r1rvcno1_500.gif
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    Just great helped me so much :-)
  • CalvinLosingIt
    CalvinLosingIt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great video and funny as hell. Where was this video when I started? I never knew the amount of Fiber needed, I always went over my 15 g that MFP suggested. Awesome vid, can't wait for the sequel?
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    I did not read all of the comments, but I felt this must be said. If it's already been said then I clearly felt it must be said twice.

Hahah eyes were covered but not the teeth. Thank you

I'm actually making a "teeth routine" vid thanks to requests. I guess it technically is part of the body so why not lol
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ** runs off to check I'm tracking fibre ** got to get my ****ing fibre
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I've added fibre to my tracking, so to Hell with all the nit-pickers out there, you've helped me today because I'd never really thought about how much ****ing fibre I need (and glad to see that I was doing reasonably well with it anyway!) :laugh:
  • MrBecky
    MrBecky Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nice video.
    Good, basic, sensible advice.
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options

made me spit out my coffee :laugh: Yep, I think he did say something about fibre.........
  • Hlasweet
    Hlasweet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed the video and even watched a couple more!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Excellent man. Wish I had seen this a few years ago. :-)
  • mud7urtle
    Options

I legit laughed out loud at this haha
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    Great video and funny as hell. Where was this video when I started? I never knew the amount of Fiber needed, I always went over my 15 g that MFP suggested. Awesome vid, can't wait for the sequel?

A direct sequal.. no. But I will definitely go into more dieting concepts - a little more advanced each vid. My intention is SHORT and SWEET. If I'm going to give science behind something - it's for the mental stuff. Body composition, and fitness.. Just the facts, Jack.

The meal vids are going to be great. Making a strawberry banana pancake recipe vid this weekend. Will be hilarious, and most importantly delicious.
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I noticed this too! :tongue: Subscribing, and yes -- teeth whitening routine please! (Not that I need it, but I am always curious to know what people do to keep their whites so pearly.)
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh and great video!