Weight Sabotage's or Bridezilla?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would tell her that she should find another bridesmaid.
    What a Brat.
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    OMG!!! WTF I'm sorry but your sister sounds like a B! The only thing you need to say to her is this "I know this is important to you and I'm here to support you, now I need you to support me". I would tell her either I get the dress and size it close to the date, or I cant do it. That's realllllllllllly selfish of her!!! I can totally understand her wanting to get the dress' now even tho its 13 months out because it takes a long time to order the size you need and often times a style she might like now will usually be discontinued 13 months later, but there is absolutly no reason in hell to have it be the same size for the next 13 months. Bridezilla to the max! And honestly it kinda sounds like she might be a little jealous! She's getting married......in 13 months, which is way far off, but your doing something exciting NOW and she might want all the attention on herself for the next 13 months and not share the spotlight.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    And she went off the handles asking me why i cant wait until after her wedding to lose weight, telling me i'm stupid and it's a waste of time and money and i should just be happy that i get to be her bridesmaid.

bwahahahaha!

Is she always like this?I mean does she have a manipulative, egoistic personality or is she just off the deep end because of the wedding?
    I see several options

1) give her the alternatives and stick to it
    2) drop it.
    3) say "yes" to everything, keep loosing weight and have the dress alterered before the wedding. Don't even tell her about it.

Depending on your family situation, I would probably opt for the third.
    I was a bridesmaid once and I have to say never again. Too much drama and BS, not worth my time.

ETA: this:
    DON'T let her bully you into staying the same weight. YOU are paying for the dress. Lose the weight, get the dress altered and look awesome. If she doesn't like it, tell her to find another bridesmaid.

She's always been like this. She'd tell my parents i'm not allowed to have certain clothing, shoes or go out ect. She would seriously argue with them. When I was 12 and I already had C cups and she grow up not even reaching a B in her mid 20's (Being 12 years older then me) She was still living at home and my mother mentioned needing to go bra shopping as the training bra tank tops weren't going to hold for much longer and my sister went into a total psycho tantrum about how she didn't get her first bra until she was 15 and it was unfair and that I should have to wait.

Accept I was a C cup and my breasts were being an uncomfortable problem. It's not like I was going to victoria's secrets to get a push up, padded lace bra...I just need some support so I could play netball without my boobs hurting. Good thing too as by 15, I was a 12DD. I guess that would be the issue with not showing cleavage. I'm sitting at a 32E now with a 76cm waist. It's noticeable in a bad way, though you'd think, she'd think that i'd surely lose some breast as I've got 55-60lbs to go.

But I really don't understand the concern or why there'd be any jealousy. She's an ex model, she's a typical 5'7 super thin, blonde, with a pretty face and i'm a 5'3 overweight dolly parton with a forehead the size of texas. There's really no competition. She's going to look amazing no matter what and she knows it. The bride always looks beautiful and they really have nothing to worry about. I'm down 30lbs and she's seen me at my healthiest which was 115lbs. So idk. Basically i'm going to drop another 6-8 sizes in the next 6 months. My weight loss will be completed a good half a year away from the wedding. So I really don't know what her problem is.

Yeah... As someone who is told I'm cute but will never believe it because even when I had a 38 waist I was still only a C cup, This is what you're not understanding. Our entire culture pushes large breasts in proportion to the rest of you as like, the most sexy thing EVER. Having small breasts really really gets to some women and even if I was supermodel gorgeous I'd still pretty much be worried everyone liked an otherwise average looking girl with DDs better.

But your sister is still being out of line crazy and you should do what you want. Just realize that as much whining as large breasted women do about back pain, difficulty finding bras, etc. Most flat chested women are just sitting there thinking the same things overweight or average sized american women think when a woman is in a store complaining that the store doesn't have something in a size extra small.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Bridezilla

( sorry but I didn't read all the replies)

I wouldn't buy the dress now . talk to the salon and explain your problem. Ask them what is the best thing to do because sometimes , deoending om how much weight you lise, your body changes radically and an alteration wouldn't work

Honestly? You are going to have to go thru 13 months of this. I would bow out