so hungryyyyyyyyyyy

Options

Replies

• VictoriousBeauty
    VictoriousBeauty Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have been to several dietitians but, they all discharge me on second or third appt as they dont know how to cope with mcad
    I tried 2000 calories and was not losing so dropped to what it says I am meant to have a day, well am 12 calories over at 1480 calories today
    my food budget is £25 a week so have to use wisdom in shopping
    I cant eat eggs allergic, cant eat dairy either, beans and pulses are too high in carbs so spike my sugars and nuts upset me if I eat more than a few every few days so mostly be vegetables, hoping quinoa be ok, but bad stomach pains tonight but hoping thats not from quinoa for first time
    xoxox
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have been to several dietitians but, they all discharge me on second or third appt as they dont know how to cope with mcad
    I tried 2000 calories and was not losing so dropped to what it says I am meant to have a day, well am 12 calories over at 1480 calories today
    my food budget is £25 a week so have to use wisdom in shopping
    I cant eat eggs allergic, cant eat dairy either, beans and pulses are too high in carbs so spike my sugars and nuts upset me if I eat more than a few every few days so mostly be vegetables, hoping quinoa be ok, but bad stomach pains tonight but hoping thats not from quinoa for first time
    xoxox
    Maybe concentrate on your protein and healthy fats. Lean meat, Olive oil... salad, vegetables. Fruits....soy milk and yogurts.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    I am doing healthy fats, vegetables, quinoa (if I can tolerate it) and nuts occasionally but, meats are expensive as is fish so when what I have in freezer is gone it is unlikely I can afford to replace it
    dont eat soya as it is gmo
    xoxox
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I can understand you being hungry, eating less can be hard to adjust to in all kinds of ways.

For hunger I find protein is my friend. I read above that you are going vegan soon, it may be hard to hit your protein goal if, as you say, you do not do well with beans and pulses and also need to be careful with carbs.

I often substitute Quorn mince or chicken pieces for meat to save on calories (and money). There are various Quorn based products you could try. It is made from mushrooms so ok for Vegan and it also has quite high protein contents which will help to make you feel fuller. Not sure on carb content though.

https://www.quorn.co.uk/products

Maybe it will help, I know meat products are so expensive here in the UK

You are in the right place, MFP is a fantastic place to find tips, advice and motivation. Check out the success stories there are a lot of people who have been where you are and made it to their goal weight. You can too.

Love n hugs xxx :)
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    Hey there. I can understand you being hungry, eating less can be hard to adjust to in all kinds of ways.

For hunger I find protein is my friend. I read above that you are going vegan soon, it may be hard to hit your protein goal if, as you say, you do not do well with beans and pulses and also need to be careful with carbs.

I often substitute Quorn mince or chicken pieces for meat to save on calories (and money). There are various Quorn based products you could try. It is made from mushrooms so ok for Vegan and it also has quite high protein contents which will help to make you feel fuller. Not sure on carb content though.

You are in the right place, MFP is a fantastic place to find tips, advice and motivation. Check out the success stories there are a lot of people who have been where you are and made it to their goal weight. You can too.

Quorn products are heavily processed products.. . You're better off eating meat.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Quorn products are heavily processed products.. . You're better off eating meat.

nothing wrong with processed foods.
  • LearningToFly13
    Options

nothing wrong with processed foods.

Not every once in a while no... but not for a steady diet
  • msdemeanor70
    msdemeanor70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. Many here have been where you are. Though you have quite a few food challenges, I see you do eat potatoes and eggs and chicken and vegetables. Those are all good choices that can be filling and at least here in the US are mostly affordable. Maybe adjust your goal to lose 1 pound a week until you work out what foods help you feel full. Then you can adjust down the road. Kind of ease into things. Also, I noticed you don't log any water. If you actually aren't drinking any (rather than just not logging it), adding a bit of water could help you in feeling full on fewer food calories.
  • LearningToFly13
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. Many here have been where you are. Though you have quite a few food challenges, I see you do eat potatoes and eggs and chicken and vegetables. Those are all good choices that can be filling and at least here in the US are mostly affordable. Maybe adjust your goal to lose 1 pound a week until you work out what foods help you feel full. Then you can adjust down the road. Kind of ease into things. Also, I noticed you don't log any water. If you actually aren't drinking any (rather than just not logging it), adding a bit of water could help you in feeling full on fewer food calories.

She's allergic to eggs
  • msdemeanor70
    edited April 2017
    Options

She's allergic to eggs

She has them in her diary already -- 3 April for lunch.
  • LearningToFly13
    Options

She's allergic to eggs

She has them in her diary already.

She's allergic to them.. . Read through the thread
  • JuliahK1987
    JuliahK1987 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea or water when I feel hungry. That helps a lot. I'm still trying to figure out best meals for myself, so won't be much help there. Good luck! Added you as a friend :)
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hoping some of this will help. I do roughly 1400 calories a day with 300-500 calories burned via HIIT workouts 5 days a week. I did some research a while back on the Japanese method of using water before meals and timing it before any other consumption and while I don't follow it 100% I modified it in a way that worked for me. For me it has worked and curbed my hunger. A typical day for me goes like this:

1. 6:00am: Drink 3 bottles on water right out of bed (each bottle is the equivalent of 1 glass)
    2. 7:30am: Eat a small breakfast of roughly 225 calories. Most days is a Healthy Choice Simply Broccoli and Chicken Steamer with a fresh tomato chopped in.
    3. 10:00am: Drink 1 bottle of water.
    4. 11:30am: 70 calories worth of Baby Carrots.
    5. 1:00pm: Drink 1 bottle of water.
    6. 2:00pm: 225 calorie lunch. Often I do another Cafe Steamer but any low carb meal works as well. 1 Granny Smith Apple as a snack.
    7. 4:30pm: High Intensity Interval Training for 22-30 minutes. 1 bottle of water.
    8. 6:00pm: 2 bottles of water and a 200 calorie snack.
    10. 7:00pm: Dinner that gets me to around 1400 calories.
    11. 9:00pm: 2 more bottles of water.
    12. 10:00pm: A great night of sleep.

I almost never get hungry when I follow this schedule. Before I integrated the water it was hellish beating the gas pains and keeping my energy up. When I first start I saw my blood sugars improve by 120 points down to an average of 122 and weight drop in a short time. I am a boring eater so don't mind eating the same things each day if it works especially when battling blood sugars. I am not strict by any means and eat out from time to time.

One disclaimer: Work your way to having a lower calorie day. If you are hungry you really should eat. Small changes each day but NOT all at once. It took me 3 months to get to what I do above.
  • msdemeanor70
    Options
    @qweck3 I also used water to help curb my appetite while I was losing. Even now a couple years into maintenance, I still try for 10 cups a day. Great advice.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Deleted
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options

Thanks for suggestion but, quorn is something I do not like, and is heavily processed, I am trying to get to natural foods as much as possible Will keep an eye on protein levels, and healthy fats already at maximum as body reacts due to gallbladder issues

xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options

Thank you, I agree am better off eating meat, I am not going vegan on principle of animals but, on cost issue so, if I can afford meat from time to time I will buy some Time will tell

God bless you
    xoxox