so hungryyyyyyyyyyy

Options

Replies

• VictoriousBeauty
    VictoriousBeauty Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I can understand you being hungry, eating less can be hard to adjust to in all kinds of ways.

For hunger I find protein is my friend. I read above that you are going vegan soon, it may be hard to hit your protein goal if, as you say, you do not do well with beans and pulses and also need to be careful with carbs.

I often substitute Quorn mince or chicken pieces for meat to save on calories (and money). There are various Quorn based products you could try. It is made from mushrooms so ok for Vegan and it also has quite high protein contents which will help to make you feel fuller. Not sure on carb content though.

https://www.quorn.co.uk/products

Maybe it will help, I know meat products are so expensive here in the UK

You are in the right place, MFP is a fantastic place to find tips, advice and motivation. Check out the success stories there are a lot of people who have been where you are and made it to their goal weight. You can too.

Love n hugs xxx :)

Quorn products are heavily processed products.. . You're better off eating meat.

nothing wrong with processed foods.

LOTS wrong with processed foods, so I shall continue removing them from my diet
    I want my diet natural, as God created with minimal change to it
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. Many here have been where you are. Though you have quite a few food challenges, I see you do eat potatoes and eggs and chicken and vegetables. Those are all good choices that can be filling and at least here in the US are mostly affordable. Maybe adjust your goal to lose 1 pound a week until you work out what foods help you feel full. Then you can adjust down the road. Kind of ease into things. Also, I noticed you don't log any water. If you actually aren't drinking any (rather than just not logging it), adding a bit of water could help you in feeling full on fewer food calories.

Thanks, I tend not to log water as I know I drink enough, 3-4 litres a day!
    Oh yes I have eaten those foods this past weeks hence how I know my blood sugars and body doesnt like then so, potatoes are coming out tomorrow, eggs are out already, citrus is out already, kiwis, tomatoes, aubergines basically nightshades as they all make me itch and come out in mouth blisters with gut reaction Time to up the foods I am ok on so am not hungry and hitting nutritional targets This weeks food test is quinoa

One by one I shall try them, keep in as many as I can
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. Many here have been where you are. Though you have quite a few food challenges, I see you do eat potatoes and eggs and chicken and vegetables. Those are all good choices that can be filling and at least here in the US are mostly affordable. Maybe adjust your goal to lose 1 pound a week until you work out what foods help you feel full. Then you can adjust down the road. Kind of ease into things. Also, I noticed you don't log any water. If you actually aren't drinking any (rather than just not logging it), adding a bit of water could help you in feeling full on fewer food calories.

She's allergic to eggs

She has them in her diary already -- 3 April for lunch.

Yes, I had them in diary, I tested them and found them to be a definite no food sadly

Meat fish when I can afford them, will try the odd nut butter once quinoa is deemed ok or not

Its a tough challenge as its not a full on allergy it's mast cell activation disease that causes my problems with food
    xoxox
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I can understand you being hungry, eating less can be hard to adjust to in all kinds of ways.

For hunger I find protein is my friend. I read above that you are going vegan soon, it may be hard to hit your protein goal if, as you say, you do not do well with beans and pulses and also need to be careful with carbs.

I often substitute Quorn mince or chicken pieces for meat to save on calories (and money). There are various Quorn based products you could try. It is made from mushrooms so ok for Vegan and it also has quite high protein contents which will help to make you feel fuller. Not sure on carb content though.

You are in the right place, MFP is a fantastic place to find tips, advice and motivation. Check out the success stories there are a lot of people who have been where you are and made it to their goal weight. You can too.

Quorn products are heavily processed products.. . You're better off eating meat.

xoxox

can I ask what is wrong with them?
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options

xoxox

Everything is wrong with them. Lots of sodium and chemicals which can do awful things to your body.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'd like to suggest a book for you to read -- get it out of a library, or go to a bookstore with a coffee/tea bar and sit and read it -- it really has great information and whether you adopt the diet in it (it's pretty much how I've been eating for the last 9 months and I've lost 30 lbs. -- but I didn't find the book until just last week -- I truly had an "AHA" moment in the bookstore!) it will give you LOTS to think about and great information. It's "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. -- so many have lost tons of weight doing this diet -- and (I can speak from having done this on my own) NEVER hungry! Really! It's based on greens and fruit and veggies -- I add in protein -- usually baked chicken (we buy skinless boneless thighs and bake it -- my hubbie adds in lots of spices like paprika and montreal spice -- and a little lite balsamic dressing or even a little white wine --and one large package lasts both of us (added into the biggest salad you've ever seen! LOL!) 3 dinners each. We always add in some mushrooms, sometimes I add in zucchini or clementines -- it beautiful and fills you up! Anyway, lots of great info in the book. No need to go hungry to lose weight -- really!
  • moonbeam568
    moonbeam568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No need to be ashamed we are all here to lose weight some more than others but you came to the right place MFP is awesome can you eat tuna? Or turkey pepperoni?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You're going through so much right now with bereavement etc. Cutting your calories this though is just one thing too many.
    Eat mid way between.
    Aldi do a full chicken for 2.50 here in the UK. You can get a load of meals from that.
    Take care of yourself op x

• VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    schellies wrote: »

xoxox

Everything is wrong with them. Lots of sodium and chemicals which can do awful things to your body.

your body needs some sodium and do you have any links proving that these chemicals do awful things to your body,and if so what? everything has chemicals,look up the chemicals in fruits. Im not saying one should not eat fresh fruits,veggies,lean meats and so on. but I used to eat a lot of processed food and had NO issues from it.

WOW you must be really blessed with good health then, I know when I eat something processed because I pay for it later, and there is lots of research about chemicals and damage to body however, all you have to do is put it in google and hit search For me, I know how my body reacts, and violent reactions due to these things are enough to cause me to question the need for them in my diet

will stick with organic fruit vegetables meat and wild fish but, each has to choose their own path that suits their conscious, budget and lifestyle of choice
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    I'd like to suggest a book for you to read -- get it out of a library, or go to a bookstore with a coffee/tea bar and sit and read it -- it really has great information and whether you adopt the diet in it (it's pretty much how I've been eating for the last 9 months and I've lost 30 lbs. -- but I didn't find the book until just last week -- I truly had an "AHA" moment in the bookstore!) it will give you LOTS to think about and great information. It's "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. -- so many have lost tons of weight doing this diet -- and (I can speak from having done this on my own) NEVER hungry! Really! It's based on greens and fruit and veggies -- I add in protein -- usually baked chicken (we buy skinless boneless thighs and bake it -- my hubbie adds in lots of spices like paprika and montreal spice -- and a little lite balsamic dressing or even a little white wine --and one large package lasts both of us (added into the biggest salad you've ever seen! LOL!) 3 dinners each. We always add in some mushrooms, sometimes I add in zucchini or clementines -- it beautiful and fills you up! Anyway, lots of great info in the book. No need to go hungry to lose weight -- really!

Thanks for tips, will see if library open tomorrow, and if it has it Worth a read, lots of foods I cant eat because of a medical condition so will look and see how it is as a read

Bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    No need to be ashamed we are all here to lose weight some more than others but you came to the right place MFP is awesome can you eat tuna? Or turkey pepperoni?

bless you
    no sadly no tuna, and presuming turkey pepperoni is processed so no to that either
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    You're going through so much right now with bereavement etc. Cutting your calories this though is just one thing too many.
    Eat mid way between.
    Aldi do a full chicken for 2.50 here in the UK. You can get a load of meals from that.
    Take care of yourself op x

Thanks, yes it is difficult time, but actually part of the cut back is due to needing to find the money to get to my sisters funeral so, cut back on spending, and as I am disabled and unable to work I have no option of working overtime as I have in the past to meet the additional cost so, the existing budget has to stretch
    Wasnt losing on the umm 2000 calories anyway
    I cant eat Aldi chicken I react due to the hormones they inject to make them grow etc, have to eat organic as a result on all meat, fruit and veggie Am rather hypersensitive to chemical, pesticides and hormones so limited
    but, thanks for letting me know as it could of been really useful to know if I didnt have to medical issues with things

Bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options

She's allergic to eggs

She has them in her diary already.

She's allergic to them.. . Read through the thread

I read the thread AND her diary. I guess she could have discovered the allergy last week. Either way, my suggestion doesn't revolve around her eating eggs.

Yes, I retested them last week to be sure I was not restricting any food unnecessarily, always test twice, sadly thats it for eggs
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Why try and go vegan on top of everything else? You have so many restrictions. I'll try and think of foods you can eat that are inexpensive and give you variety too.

Tofu

Pumpkin. Try a curry pumpkin soup or stew.

Oatmeal with a little peanut butter.

Bless you, I was going vegan on top of everything else purely as vegetables cheaper than meat, and need to save money so i can attend my sisters funeral but, clearly that isnt going to be viable way to save

I dont eat tofu

Pumpkin and oatmeal are carby so limited choice on those as can only eat so much carbs a day without spiking my blood sugar so although I can make pumpkin soup or stew its limited option in a day Small portion be ok

Love pumpkin and oatmeal too

God bless you
    xoxox
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Options
    juliak2010 wrote: »
    I drink a lot of tea or water when I feel hungry. That helps a lot. I'm still trying to figure out best meals for myself, so won't be much help there. Good luck! Added you as a friend :)

Thanks for the add :-)

I too drink loads of water, almost out, thankfully carer took bottles home to refill today and other carer will bring them back full tomorrow, thankful for their natural spring on their farm :-)

God bless you
    xoxox
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    schellies wrote: »

xoxox

your body needs some sodium and do you have any links proving that these chemicals do awful things to your body,and if so what? everything has chemicals,look up the chemicals in fruits. Im not saying one should not eat fresh fruits,veggies,lean meats and so on. but I used to eat a lot of processed food and had NO issues from it.

WOW you must be really blessed with good health then, I know when I eat something processed because I pay for it later, and there is lots of research about chemicals and damage to body however, all you have to do is put it in google and hit search For me, I know how my body reacts, and violent reactions due to these things are enough to cause me to question the need for them in my diet

will stick with organic fruit vegetables meat and wild fish but, each has to choose their own path that suits their conscious, budget and lifestyle of choice
    xoxox

as far as eating what I want no I cant,I cant eat certain brands of pizza, certain veggies give me acid reflux(I have other health issues too but they arent caused by what I eat,they are mostly genentic). certain kinds of food I cant eat. now Im not saying if certain foods cause issues for you to eat them.I have to eat low fat due to a cholesterol issue that is caused by a genetic defect.

as for a lot of the research a lot of it has been debunked or recently proven that what they thought years ago is not the case now. used to be eggs were bad for most people,its not.There is always some story or article coming out saying that some food is bad for you. it was the same for artificial sweeteners,the cancer stories have been debunked as well.