Bad memories, experiences you had as a child which still haunts you, reminds you till this day

Options
12346»

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    There are some demons that I just don't let out to see the light of day.. I have long since wrestled them into submission, and to bring them out to examine them... is not the healthiest thing for me to do to myself - and to this day nearly 40 years after the nightmare ended - sharing these things with others makes me feel shameful, low, weak, ugly and unworthy.

Unless it serves some purpose, I generally don't talk about them.

I applaud those that have the courage to share theirs with the world so openly.

I know that for me, admitting what happened to me out loud was like a enormus weight off my shoulders. Knowone wants certain labels put on them. "Victim" or "Survivor Of". Knowone want's that chapter of their Book Of Life to reflect those kinds of stories. But to bury that down deep your entire life without dealing with it, or getting it at least off your chest to someone, is like letting a monster stay inside you. Maybe that monster stays dormant, or maybe it's a destroyer and it becomes the little excuse you use regularly to hold yourself back from being happy & succeeding in life. The beauty of letting it out here is knowone really knows who you are, and it's lifted off your shoulders. No guilt. No shame.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I remember an experience when I was around 6 or so. When I was in school I fell and hurt my elbow. Can't remember if I had a cut or not but remember going to the female teacher telling her what happened. And she said, something like what should I do, do you want me to cut it off. She got the scissors out. I got scared and said no. How could a teacher do that. If I only told someone she would have gotten sacked. I can't remember what the B!tch looks like.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    A close family friend's hand got stuck inside the vhs player, I remember since then I use to extra cautious since it might happen to me. Although no one uses a vhs player. Ah the good times. :smile:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    being punched for the first time that I remember.

playing on the road in front of my house, further up the hill there way three older kids, at a guess 10-11 years old, I think I was 6-8 at the time.

I apparently provoked one of them by telling my younger brother that the rocks they were throwing at me kept missing. one got in my face and asked me what i said, i repeated it, said you kept missing me with the rocks. then i was punched in the face.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    During my school 🚸 days when I was around 5,I scraped my elbow. Went to the teacher, a plaster would been nice, instead the *kitten* pulled out a pair of scissors ✂. She said you want to cut it off. How could a teacher do that. If only I remembered the *kitten*, I would have put the scissors up her rear.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My uncle died in his sleep while taking a nap when I was nine. I came home from school and my grams told me to go wake him up. He was morbidly obese and only in his mid 40’s. I’m 33 now and I still check on my disabled mother every single night to see if she’s breathing, and every morning before I leave my bedroom I try to mentally “prepare” myself for the worst before I go into her room. It’s always in my subconscious. I witnessed a lot of sickness and death during my childhood and it has resulted in a lot of crippling anxiety in my adulthood.