13 MAY 2017. 190.6 lbs
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Reached a new weight low!!!

Current: 138
    Goal:135

Trying not to celebrate with food. Maybe go out and buy a new outfit or something instead. I may or may not reach my goal by the end of the month...but I'm going to push myself and try.

A new trick I've learned: cook all of your food. I know it's an elementary concept for some, but I tend to get lazy and just eat frozen meals after a long day. If I cook all of my food I am more likely to take the time to think about whether or not I am really hungry. Also, I get to decide what ingredients I want in there.
  • happyfamily51million
    happyfamily51million Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm just back from out of town and will now post regularly. I'm 8 1/2 lbs away from my goal weight. I'm recommitting to posting here. I've been logging my food and am under my calories so perhaps the gain is from salt and being away from my routine. The good news: I jogged every day I was away and had a wonderful time with family. Weight: 125.6. Goal: 118.
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    paganuk wrote: »
    Count me in
    Starting weight 192 lbs

13 MAY 2017. 190.6 lbs

29 MAY 17. 188.2 lbs
  • fabnblessfran
    fabnblessfran Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this community :)
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 138lbs on the DOT. I would like to be 129 lbs by Jun 1, But I would be happy with 133(that would be 50 lbs lost since I started Jan 2)

Yay, I made it to 50 pounds down @133 and currently sitting at 131. I could POSSIBLY make it to 129 by the end of the month. I have a new fitness goal, I want to run an 8 minute mile, not on treadmill.
  • PaganUK
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Count me in
    Starting weight 192 lbs

13 MAY 2017. 190.6 lbs

29 MAY 17. 188.2 lbs

date should read 20th may 2017. 188.2 lbs
  • gerri0913
    gerri0913 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am ready for the challenge
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm in! I'm sick and tired of my weight and would love to go back to my old weight when I was in my pre childbearing years.
  • LauraInTheWater
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thought I would share a delicious low cal wrap recipe I've been making:

1 small tortilla
    Hummus (your choice)
    Kale
    Cucumber
    red, yellow, or green bell pepper
    Nuts, your choice (I like walnuts, but they are a little fatty)

These are so easy to premake and have on hand for a busy day! You can adjust them to your desired serving size. Also, I'm vegetarian, so that's why there's no meat. I'm sure some turkey or chicken might be good; although it would add calories. Don't forget to massage the kale for a couple of minutes or it will be bitter!
  • elizapalu
    elizapalu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I'm in
  • Nekotsune
    Nekotsune Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! Add me please!
  • PaganUK
    Options
    Count me in
    Starting weight 192 lbs

13 MAY 2017. 190.6 lbs

29 MAY 17. 188.2 lbs

date should read 20th may 2017. 188.2 lbs

Date 28 May 2017 186.8
  • LauraInTheWater
    Options
    Don't know if I've said this one yet but another thing I like to do before I go out to eat is Google whatever restaurant we are headed to. That way I can plan my meal. A lot of restaurants where I live don't post calorie counts and/or don't have lower calorie options.
  • happyfamily51million
    happyfamily51million Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there - here's some good news: a trip home for celebrations, my best friend visiting, a break up - and I haven't gained any weight (even being away from my normal gym)! Talking with friends, outdoor walks/runs when I couldn't go to the gym, savory sage tea with almond milk at night instead of mindless snacking all got me through. Also, logging my food here! 8 lbs to go but on my way
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't make it to 129 by Jun 1. I believe I was still 130.4. I had been holding steady for over a week despite doing pretty darn good. Then yesterday I dropped a whole pound and now this morning June 3rd I am 128. However, I was able to get my 8?minute mile before June 1. :D still really happy with my successes.
  • Anastasia017
    Anastasia017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose a couple pounds at the same time I want to build lean muscle and get stronger, looking for motivation and help! Add me if you want to :)
  • ClaireAlgar2015
    ClaireAlgar2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    NoIdea103 wrote: »
    Yeah, let's do it! My strategy is very much just calories in / calories out.

I'm aiming to lose a pound a week at least (I have 30lbs to lose). My partner decided that to try and force himself to eat more veggies he wants to eat vegetarian during the week, so I'm joining him in that, then meat at the weekends.

I pre-plan my meals week by week, and will continue to do so. I try to stick to 1200 calories a day, but I also burn about 2000 a day during the week so can eat a little more.

However, weekends I tend to not be as active and like a drink and a takeaway so I tend to 'save up' my calories for the weekend so I don't do too much damage.

I also want to start the couch to 5k program; I had to run for a train the other day and was distraught at how unfit I've become, so that should help.

That's my strategy anyway! Good luck everyone :)

Hey good luck I started couch to 5k and I'm 4 weeks in, have good days and other days feel sooo much harder but I'm loving the app! Good luck
  • ClaireAlgar2015
    ClaireAlgar2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Saltine24 wrote: »
    I am very interested, however have been a member since beginning of Feb and have not even come close to losing 10 lbs...fingers crossed!! Add me as a friend if you like :)

I started January and lost half a stone now I'm stuck!